Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Yup! I'm a bit of an engineer myself, and the floating pin is faulty. It still shorts. If I screw the bottom adapter onto the batt first without the TVR attached, it still doesn't thread all the way on the v2.

Either way, I have a defective universal adapter. What a POS. Did exactly what the instructions told me to do (screwed adapter onto batt until tight, then tightened TVRLV onto it).

I'm pretty sure it's the universal adapter's fault if it doesn't work on either my omicron v1, omicron v2, or atmosRAW battery.

Actually it's my understanding it's not supposed to "thread all the way" into the battery, it's all part of being universal I'm told. Some E-cig maker's connectors are deeper than others. They told me about that being a problem for them in the past. Mine doesn't come down all the way either.

I'm pretty sure I was instructed to go the other way, on the cart first (pushing the pin forward, which make sense) but no matter, it sure sounds broken now. I'm sure they'll set you right Monday......won't do squat about it tonight. Hope you have a plan B for the movie. Not too late for firecrackers you know....

Sorry it worked out poorly, the short timing makes recovery impossible. Keep your chin up, the tide's gotta turn.

OF

Edit: Hey, hold the phone.....Elemental carries the part you need, but it's two bucks.....It's for the 'one love' carts to work on Omicron. I've got a couple, they work, go get 'em. They're 510 on the female end (for the one love cart) and 601 male (to fit Omicron batteries).

Do it dude, you're movie's got a chance.....

OF

kertong

*please delete me*
yup, tried the one love -> omi adapter, just shorts the battery and makes the led freeze or blink 3 times.

modified one of the onelove/omi adapters with a bead of solder in there to bridge the gap and make a connection. it works! the ceramic element glows a dim orange and the unit gets really hot.

unfortunately, no vapor. i put about .3g of cherry ak supermelt. it melted down to a goo but thats about it. cannot get vapor any thicker than an mflb. and out of frustration, using my omicron v2, held the button down all the way, no lifting, for 3 straight minutes. slow, weak ass, thin vapor.

this lv model blows, the univ adapter blows, and i am having a hard time understanding why this thing gets such good reviews. weak. also, the outside is gummed up with goo and has dog hair all over it.

if i had to do it again, i would pass on this unit and save myself the heartache. i don't even care about the money. i'm just disappointed letdown after letdown, first the atmos combusting, the the filament shorting and breaking on day 1, then this whole tvr thing.

fuck this shit!! any good tables at thermovape to upturn in anger? went back to the headshop to see if theyd exchange the adapter but they told me to fuck off and talk to thermovape since i am not their problem anymore.

i think ill stick with my omicron and dbv... of, this tvr lv is yours if you want it, just buy me lunch or something.

kertong,

OF

i think ill stick with my omicron and dbv... of, this tvr lv is yours if you want it, just buy me lunch or something.

Thanks KT, but I'd rather get it working for you. Time to reverse this run of bad luck you seem to be enjoying. That's a lot of concentrate to me, maybe 3 times what I load in a new cart. Did it melt in? I'd expect to flood the cart out with that much (I've done so with less than .3 grams).

Anyway, let's get together some time and see where it goes. Something strange going on for sure when adapters from two different makes give shorts. Ever go to Vegas? Leave much money there?

And again, sorry the hardware is letting you down. You buy it to enjoy, not fight with.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
well i started with a little booger first, got nothing, tried a bigger booger, etc, until i realized i only have 2/3rd of what i had to begin with...

how bright does your ceramic element glow? mine was a very dim orange before oil went over it, won der if its not getting enough current? or maybe it is just one of the tradeoffs of the LV model..

EDIT: Ok, I may have spoken to soon. I dont know if its the atmos vs omiv2 batt, but on the atmos i am getting fantastic clouds!! now if i could only get a working "universal" adapter from thermovape... think theyll sell me one if i just show up at their hq?

kertong,

OF

well i started with a little booger first, got nothing, tried a bigger booger, etc, until i realized i only have 2/3rd of what i had to begin with...

how bright does your ceramic element glow? mine was a very dim orange before oil went over it, won der if its not getting enough current? or maybe it is just one of the tradeoffs of the LV model..

I've only seen the glow before it's filled, after some use it darkens up and I can't see a thing even in a dark room. In a normally lit room you can see them against a dark background. Having a lot of wax to melt will slow stuff way down. It takes a lot more energy to melt than heat either the solid or liquid. Once it gets started melting all the heat added goes to melting more, just like your ice tea stays cold by melting more ice as it gains heat. Just like putting a fire under the tea, until the ice melts it's not going to get hot enough to boil. This is by way of saying the following estimate is just that, an estimate. Under normal conditions with a fresh battery and typical (smaller than you have I think) load it gets quite warm to the touch at the base and the first serious vapor is happening maybe 15 seconds out for the unit I'm using right now. This is using Tim's 'test puff' technique (which I really like). Just a quick puff, pull too much and it'll never get there. If it's thin or not there, wait a few seconds and try again. Nothing in between. Take another small puff to test. When I get a solid puff of vapor out it means the whole area is finally up to working temperature and producing. From then on added power goes mostly to making vapor. Gently sip off as much of it as you can hold as it's produced, don't let it back up and come out the vents, but you want to be close to that for the biggest hits.

I'd say if you go over half a minute (maybe a bit more if there's a lot of material in there) without solid vapor (no pulling air through before) somethings seriously wrong. The chance of it being too low in power seems very slight, some of the Beta units I tested were much lower in power but still worked fine just slow to get there and produced at a slower rate once there.

And just by way of test I took the two 3 Volt batteries out of my original 6 Volt Revolution and replaced them with a charged 3.7 Volt battery (like if you got a miss marked High Voltage unit instead), I got good (but thinner than normal) vapor at about 30 seconds in. I'm not sure it would have worked with a very large load however. IIRC this cart was last charged with 50mg more wax when it started going dry last time and put away. It should hit well and easily at 6 Volts, but still works at 3.7 which is less than half power.

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong

OF

Gentle Friends,

Great news, Brother Kertong has reached true enlightenment....or at least he's on the road there.

In an off line exchange he just related a last disparate shot with his failed Atmos RAW: "i tried it on the atmos batt for the hell of it and fantastic clouds, taste, etc!". I suspect he's far to busy getting to know his new friend, charging the battery, lining up oil and getting to the move to bother reporting in so I'm doing so for him. No telling what happened and how to prevent it, but it fell into place at the last minute.

We'll sort the rest of it out when the pressure's off.

Anyway, good news. Perhaps the curse is broken?

OF

kertong

*please delete me*
thanks, of! yes, i edited my earlier post to update all (don't want to drag thermovape through the mud if it was my fault after all). .O

now i am off with the wife and dog to catch the lorax at the drive in - the day is saved! he speaks for the trees, you know ;)

OF

thanks, of! yes, i edited my earlier post to update all (don't want to drag thermovape through the mud if it was my fault after all). .O

now i am off with the wife and dog to catch the lorax at the drive in - the day is saved! he speaks for the trees, you know ;)

Cool, you're very welcome, congrats on getting it together under a lot of stress. Like playing it close to the edge don't you?

Take care of business, enjoy the flick, catch you on the back nine.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
ok, i am on the verge of tears (well not really but maybe).

looks like the reason my omiv2 wasnt working was because the thermovapes faulty universal adapter shorted it. both batts are dead as a doornail and does not charge. all mt omi carts no longer produce vapor off either batt.

it worked well on the atmosraw as i told OF.... for all about 10 ninutes. now my atmosraw is dead, batt shorted, dead as a doornail. does nothing when i plug it into the charger.

Yeah, I was stupid, I did not figure out that the univ. adapter was destroying my batteries until I attempted to charge them and noticed it wouldn't. I thought my batteries just ran out of juice powering the ceramic heater, with all the priming i'm doing, etc. Argh, wish I had known better.

still... fuck you, thermovape :(

mod note: You could have gotten away with the 'fuck you' comment except that the company and the member ThermoVape are one and the same, and flaming members is never allowed.

kertong,

Friar

^This is a roller coaster of emotion. I'm thinking TV REV DART LV + Ego USB passthrough ftw. No universal adapter to worry about and for around 80 bucks this combo seems like the most economical and practical to me.

kertong

*please delete me*
Yeah, it's been a rough week. Sorry guys, I'll try to keep it together better. if you can't tell, i have adhd with anxiety and something like this will completely consume me until it is resolved. Hard to describe, but it sucks. :( Just have to medicate with my sole good omicron v1 batt and try to let it go... (serenity now!)

Just have to bite my nails and wait until I can call thermovape tomorrow... and hopefully find a place to pick up some omi v2 batteries for cheap. :( Already planning on going to palo alto to TV HQ no matter what to see if I can throw some money at them and get a universal adapter replacement as well as some batteries that'll work in the omi v2..

EDIT: OF, I am starting to think it is actually the unit that is defective! If there is enough pressure pushed on the silver bottom contact with the engraved "LV", I believe that is what causes the short. Used a onelove->omicron XL adapter with a standard 510 thread magnum cart, and it fired and worked beautifully. The moment the TV Revolution LV went on, bam, the LED stayed on solid and did not turn off even after I removed my thumb from the button. You know, my anxiety was going through the roof over this too, so a few hours ago I ran out to harborside and bought TWO onelove->omicron adapters. Both of them act exactly the same way with the TVR LV, so I'm about 90% sure the short is occuring somewhere within the LV. If I screw the TVR LV and leave it in the adapter loose but just enough to make contact, the TVR works, the batt LED glows, etc. THe instant I tighten it past a certain point, regardless of which onelovexl->omi or "universal" adapter I use, bam, the LED instantly goes on solid and doens't turn off for 4 seconds or so. Yeah.. now I'm pretty sure it's the TVR unit itself blowing up all my precious batteries.. not sure if there was a bad or early batch or anything but the SN on this is 01412..

Will be driving this unit over to palo alto tomorrow, I don't think I can stand the wait of doing a warranty return in the mail when the guys are right there..

kertong,

OF

EDIT: OF, I am starting to think it is actually the unit that is defective! If there is enough pressure pushed on the silver bottom contact with the engraved "LV", I believe that is what causes the short. Used a onelove->omicron XL adapter with a standard 510 thread magnum cart, and it fired and worked beautifully. The moment the TV Revolution LV went on, bam, the LED stayed on solid and did not turn off even after I removed my thumb from the button. You know, my anxiety was going through the roof over this too, so a few hours ago I ran out to harborside and bought TWO onelove->omicron adapters. Both of them act exactly the same way with the TVR LV, so I'm about 90% sure the short is occuring somewhere within the LV. If I screw the TVR LV and leave it in the adapter loose but just enough to make contact, the TVR works, the batt LED glows, etc. THe instant I tighten it past a certain point, regardless of which onelovexl->omi or "universal" adapter I use, bam, the LED instantly goes on solid and doens't turn off for 4 seconds or so. Yeah.. now I'm pretty sure it's the TVR unit itself blowing up all my precious batteries.. not sure if there was a bad or early batch or anything but the SN on this is 01412..

Will be driving this unit over to palo alto tomorrow, I don't think I can stand the wait of doing a warranty return in the mail when the guys are right there..

That sounds likely to me too. And it makes sense. As I recall there's a PTFE button under the center pin that supports it and insulates it from the wall. PTFE is soft enough to move a bit and things are real tight in there, it maybe could force the lead against the wall? I'm not sure how they'd test for such a fault, but I'm sure they'll take it off your hands and give you another. You might consider asking for the DART version?

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Yeah, it's been a rough week. Sorry guys, I'll try to keep it together better. if you can't tell, i have adhd with anxiety and something like this will completely consume me until it is resolved. Hard to describe, but it sucks. :( Just have to medicate with my sole good omicron v1 batt and try to let it go... (serenity now!)

Just have to bite my nails and wait until I can call thermovape tomorrow... and hopefully find a place to pick up some omi v2 batteries for cheap. :( Already planning on going to palo alto to TV HQ no matter what to see if I can throw some money at them and get a universal adapter replacement as well as some batteries that'll work in the omi v2..

Sorry to hear of the defective products and that it killed all your batteries. I would distressed as well. good luck getting it fixed on monday.

ru_frothi,

nr nodes

anything else i forgot?

Maybe missed my post here?: #977 OF gave some feedback on the batteries, but could you weigh in also and check out my other questions? Thx.

Incidentally, pretty sure I took my first car ride home from the hospital in a dodge dart.

nr nodes,

JoeKickass

both batts are dead as a doornail and does not charge. all mt omi carts no longer produce vapor off either batt.

it worked well on the atmosraw as i told OF.... for all about 10 ninutes. now my atmosraw is dead, batt shorted, dead as a doornail. does nothing when i plug it into the charger.

See my post in the Omicron thread, those batteries are savable. Not sure about the atmos though...

JoeKickass,

OF

Incidentally, pretty sure I took my first car ride home from the hospital in a dodge dart.

I wouldn't take that too hard, there are folk out there created in the back seat of one of those very machines....imagine if you can how they feel about that? If they're lucky their parents kept that part a secret.

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong

OF

See my post in the Omicron thread, those batteries are savable. Not sure about the atmos though...

As I just said over there, I think this is a confusion in terms. I think KT means to say the electronics in the unit has packed in (putting a fresh "battery" in did no good). The fun bit is technically there isn't a battery in sight. A battery is two or more cells working together (like the two D cells in your flashlight, or the six wet cells that make up the 12 Volt battery in your car). The unit we call a 'battery' here is a power unit with a single cell. Since the charger used works on single units KT's 14650 cells don't even count as a battery when they're both being charged together since they're not 'working together'.

I think the electrochemical 'battery' is just fine here, it's the electronics that bought the farm.

Next time we found a nation, I think we should pick a less confusing language, don't you? This last time we came real close to adopting German, I wonder how that would have worked out.......

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

As I just said over there, I think this is a confusion in terms. I think KT means to say the electronics in the unit has packed in (putting a fresh "battery" in did no good). The fun bit is technically there isn't a battery in sight... I think the electrochemical 'battery' is just fine here, it's the electronics that bought the farm.

This is what I saw:

looks like the reason my omiv2 wasnt working was because the thermovapes faulty universal adapter shorted it. both batts are dead as a doornail and does not charge.

JoeKickass,

OF

This is what I saw:

Understood. Lots of confusing info flying around here, but as you point out this one is not logical (charging takes place on a separate piece of gear unrelated to the LV cart at any time). Things went back and forth a lot, I could easily have lost track, but if what you think here is true the V2 doesn't need service only fresh
'batteries' to drive the Omicron carts KT reported not being able to do. I should actually be meeting him face to face in a few days, it should get resolved soon I think. If it's a charging issue, I'll be able to sort that out I think. It would, IMO be very nice if the electronics was OK.

I think the exact timing of KT's post above was after he killed the V1 and V2 but the Atmos was still working (also the V1 that never got tried on the LV). The 'both won't charge' is the V1 and V2 (incorrectly) not the two 'batteries' for the V2. Getting it working again with the second 'battery' would have been a red flag you'd think?

As you might have already gathered, I'm not very good at keeping secrets, either KT or I will be sure to let you good folks know what we find....after we get the poor boy vaping again, of course.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Understood. Lots of confusing info flying around here, but as you point out this one is not logical (charging takes place on a separate piece of gear unrelated to the LV cart at any time). Things went back and forth a lot, I could easily have lost track, but if what you think here is true the V2 doesn't need service only fresh
'batteries' to drive the Omicron carts KT reported not being able to do. I should actually be meeting him face to face in a few days, it should get resolved soon I think. If it's a charging issue, I'll be able to sort that out I think. It would, IMO be very nice if the electronics was OK.

I think the exact timing of KT's post above was after he killed the V1 and V2 but the Atmos was still working (also the V1 that never got tried on the LV). The 'both won't charge' is the V1 and V2 (incorrectly) not the two 'batteries' for the V2. Getting it working again with the second 'battery' would have been a red flag you'd think?

As you might have already gathered, I'm not very good at keeping secrets, either KT or I will be sure to let you good folks know what we find....after we get the poor boy vaping again, of course.

OF

Oh I see, I guess this all depends on what happened to that second 14650.

And good to hear! It's always nice to know what happens to your device in worst-case scenarios...

JoeKickass,

OF

Oh I see, I guess this all depends on what happened to that second 14650.

And good to hear! It's always nice to know what happens to your device in worst-case scenarios...

Thanks, let's hope that's the case. What with KT's luck of late it's hard to tell. FWIW I think it'd take luck worse than his for a bad LV cart to get to that 14650......

Time will tell, but for now let's get the brother vapin' I say.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Kertong,

Im terribly sorry you are having trouble with your LV and that i was not able to check the forum yesterday to see your posts. BTW i just e-mailed you via our sales reps contact with you.

From my standpoint i look at this very linearly, i assemble and build nearly every LV and universal adapter so i have a very in depth knowledge of the workings of them.

Lets start off with the UA, The pin is suspended within a teflon doughnut and encased by the UA body. When the unit is assembled the teflon is pressed in the body first followed by the pin, this creates a cavity of teflon that resists being compressed or manipulated because it has compression on nearly every side. This combined with the head of the pin being smaller than the opening on the body would be essentially impossible to short out.

When the UA is installed the outer surfaces should show a slight gap, it could vary between the UA - Rev or UA - Batt depending on which is threaded on first. This gap is the float of the switch, under only the most extreme of in-tollerances of your power supply would this gap ever close.

Heres an easy way to verify the UA is fully seated with the Rev, first push the pin fully into the UA housing so it sits on the teflon. Then thread the Rev into the UA and watch as the pin slides out as its tightened down, this will beyond a doubt have a full connection for the center post. Then as your threading it into your batt you are only going to thread it in so that the center post makes contact, If you wrench it down all the way you could push the center pin in the batt.

Im here and available to help you now, again sorry for the delay.

Tim

SameOldTim,

kertong

*please delete me*
thank you so much tim! i just replied, and will be heading up to your hq shortly. thanks again tim, and fc'ers, tim is working really hard to get me taken care of. will report back once all the dust setlles. thank you so much for everyones help :)

OF

thank you so much tim! i just replied, and will be heading up to your hq shortly. thanks again tim, and fc'ers, tim is working really hard to get me taken care of. will report back once all the dust setlles. thank you so much for everyones help :)

Godspeed, Dude. And for heaven's sake drive carefully? No offense but about your luck lately.......

Standing by, fingers crossed.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom