Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, after a thorough cleaning of my Revolution (iso soak, boil, iso soak, boil, toaster oven plus 24 hours airdry), I'm giving this another go....

One thing that I noticed immediately was that there was still residual oil in the ceramic. I ran a full battery cycle with the window open and couldn't believe how much vapor came out of the thing. When it finally seemed to stop producing vapor, I swapped out the batteries and loaded a small dab in the chamber. It began working much better than before the cleaning, so I'm pretty sure I gunked it up somehow with too much Amber Glass the first time around. It hits like a champ, now. :)

I got about 6 good, full hits from the first tiny dab, and I just loaded another slightly bigger dab and it's producing good hits, so I am pleased again with my purchase.

I'm drawing a bit faster than I was before the cleaning.... do you think this could partially account for the better vapor production? Or is that counterintuitively stoopid? :shrug: How fast do you guys draw with the Rev? As fast as with the T1?

:peace:

Stu,

OF

Stu said:
Ok, after a thorough cleaning of my Revolution (iso soak, boil, iso soak, boil, toaster oven plus 24 hours airdry), I'm giving this another go....

One thing that I noticed immediately was that there was still residual oil in the ceramic. I ran a full battery cycle with the window open and couldn't believe how much vapor came out of the thing. When it finally seemed to stop producing vapor, I swapped out the batteries and loaded a small dab in the chamber. It began working much better than before the cleaning, so I'm pretty sure I gunked it up somehow with too much Amber Glass the first time around. It hits like a champ, now. :)

I got about 6 good, full hits from the first tiny dab, and I just loaded another slightly bigger dab and it's producing good hits, so I am pleased again with my purchase.

I'm drawing a bit faster than I was before the cleaning.... do you think this could partially account for the better vapor production? Or is that counterintuitively stoopid? :shrug: How fast do you guys draw with the Rev? As fast as with the T1?

Great news, thanks for reporting back. I think you're on the right track with the 'still oil in there' idea. I noticed that the first charge I put in was kind of weak and only gave a few hits at that before I added more. Perhaps you need to get some put in by way of 'conditioning' or some such? I think a lot may depend on this step.

I also think production is set by power delivered. Unlike MFLB I don't think you cool it off all that much with heavy pulls, but you also don't get any more vapor, just more heated air added to it diluting it down to get higher volume. A bit like watering your Scotch.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
After a few more dabinhos (little dabs) I've come to the realization that something was seriously fucked up before I cleaned it. It's a completely different machine now. I'm been pulling clouds like crazy. The very first load I tried when I bought the Reveloution was labeled "GDP fullmelt" but have since purchased some much better quality BHO, and I don't think it was fullmelt at all. This must've clogged up the heater somewhat because after that initial load, my unit never really worked the same again. On top of that, I put it way too much Amber Glass and that probably just fucked it up worse. I'm happy to report that after a thorough cleaning this thing is working very, very well. :cool:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Mine was still pretty clean from the last boil/Iso soak so I just did the dry burn method, about 20-30sec on then off to cool a bit, did this for about 20 mins off and on, until there was no more vapor coming off the top, and took a dry cotton swab and wiped down the inside while it was hot and the residue was liquid from the heat. I also managed to get the ceramic disk a bit cleaner using the dry swab, and can now see most of it glow orange again. I guess my experimenting with thicker hash gunked things up a bit too. I am already pretty medicated at the moment, so I will wait a while to test it out now that I have it cleaned up. It smells better now when it heats it doesn't have such a burned metallic odor like it did before the dry burn.

jambandphan03,
Ref hits unreal hard. I am using a Jhook to a nice ash tall catcher - 18ml adapter to to a tube to the Rev. Its fucking white walling hard and tasts like candy. Larger clouds then a dabber but fractions of the amount of medicine used in comparison.

The trick was the 20-20 cycle after cleaning.
Soak in ISO, boil, heat at 200 in a convection oven/air dry.

Next, put in some fresh batteries and do the following:
Get a kitchen timer and set it for 20 second countdowns.

Hold for 20, rest for 20
Repeat 20 times.

back to the honey baby. Maintenance is DEF a learning curve on this. As is with my kind ass knives, etc. A professional tool.

Zorro420shouldbefree,
Well I ordered the Revolution this afternoon after reading the whole thread. I can't wait to get this I've been waiting for something like this for years, especially one that seems to be well made. I couldn't decide if I should wait a bit longer for the Persei or go with this unit, since they both look like well made vapes. I plan to order another charger and more batteries as well as the cases for the batteries (thanks for the links). Time to make some BHO before the unit arrives. Got a case of butane and probably more larf than I will be able to use ready to roll! Can't wait to get my Rev!!

tokinsmokin,

ctweips

So, in reading this im curious what everyone who has been using the Rev would advise how best to vape bubble hash without gunking it up. Very small low width pieces in there or what? Any advice would be appreciated so I can be fully prepared when I order the Rev.

ctweips,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I am by no means an expert, and I have only put a few grams through my Revolution. But I would avoid any concentrate that does not fully melt down. It may work for a while, but based on my experience so far, I would not mess with bubble hash in it.

:2c:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you can easily turn your bubble into qwiso youtube it... it may still leave a little residue, but it will at least melt down better than dry bubble. :2c:

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
crap i know you guys asked a long time ago, but i just now read over the questions.

ive sucessfully gone thru multiple grams using that method....so its obviously not killing it, im just putting bho and ripping it....thats what youre suposed to do right? if thats whats breaking it, and not what thermovape told me (bad connections from early batch) then wouldnt thermovape say "hey maybe its not a good idea to put that much in?" nobody told me not to.....so...fuck it. All i know is that i got SUPER high and it worked great for me....so, hah-hah. :D

ALSO- ftw, the unit broke RIGHT AFTER I BOILED IT. i threw in a tiny bit (window load) after a through drying process. worked great! after a couch session it stopped hitting, i thought it was cause i put a small amount in there, so at that point the thing was broken....so then i proceded to load a whole moonrocks pack (.5g) and then thats when it all started

im surprised none of you jumped at the fact the i straight up torch this bitch with my errl torch everyday....GENTLY. but i figure if i can put it in hot ass bitch boiling water....then i can heat it with a torch.

Xchadb,

OF

ctweips said:
So, in reading this im curious what everyone who has been using the Rev would advise how best to vape bubble hash without gunking it up. Very small low width pieces in there or what? Any advice would be appreciated so I can be fully prepared when I order the Rev.

Please go back about four pages, this was just discussed in some detail a few days back.....

Bottom line is it will work and is really your only option at present. You just need to stir it often (like every time) with a toothpick or similar to put fresh material in contact with the floor. It's easy enough to do when it gets hot an gooey. Yes, you need to clean it more often, but it does work.

Lots of good experience there, no need to repeat it all over again a few days later?

OF

OF,
Just so you all know, the secret to making bubble that is liquid as BHO was recently published in a article by supposedly the best Full Melt maker in Colorado.

(The article also will tell you how to stop making fucking nasty BHO that looks like mustard shit).

http://releaf.co/?tag=bho

Zorro420shouldbefree,

igot5onit

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
Ref hits unreal hard. I am using a Jhook to a nice ash tall catcher - 18ml adapter to to a tube to the Rev. Its fucking white walling hard and tasts like candy. Larger clouds then a dabber but fractions of the amount of medicine used in comparison.

The trick was the 20-20 cycle after cleaning.
Soak in ISO, boil, heat at 200 in a convection oven/air dry.

Next, put in some fresh batteries and do the following:
Get a kitchen timer and set it for 20 second countdowns.

Hold for 20, rest for 20
Repeat 20 times.

back to the honey baby. Maintenance is DEF a learning curve on this. As is with my kind ass knives, etc. A professional tool.

How long should you soak it?
How long boil?
How long bake/dry?

Thanks

igot5onit,
Depends on need. For a extreme cleaning, soak overnight, then boil for 20 minutes, id say 20 in the oven then do the 20-20-20. That's allot of 20s. This is of course an extreme cleaning....

Zorro420shouldbefree,
CycleAndVape said:
Has anyone tried to use bud that has been ground/crushed into a fine powder which looks like kief?
Anyone?
I already have the T1 and this would be my main motivation to get the revolution.
Would it dirty up the ceramic heat exchanger?
Would it blow through and get in your mouth?
Would it work perfectly?

CycleAndVape,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I tried regular herb - and my experiment was fouled because I think there was oil in there already... So I got clouds - but not sure if it was from the actual herb.

The Rev works better when something melts down into the reservoir below, past the ceramic.

I wouldn't suggest doing this, since it will be burning "nothing" on the bottom, and the heat it releases just might make it vaporize...it seems like a waste of heat.

However, I assume that if kief works (I tried and it did) , then a powder will work, but I do not recommended it. Some will get in your mouth if you pull hard (the Rev works better if you pull hard...so...).

There a lot of potential problems and it is probably not worth it!

I can't buy concentrates, so I made my own, and they work great! Concentrates are what the Revolution works best with.

OF

sessnet said:
However, I assume that if kief works (I tried and it did) , then a powder will work, but I do not recommended it. Some will get in your mouth if you pull hard (the Rev works better if you pull hard...so...).

I disagree. I've done kief but I don't think it follows that ground bud will also work. I think kief and bubble hash work because they're mostly resin of some sort. They melt down and get gooey (that's a technical term....). Bud does not.

I think this makes a huge difference. Not to mention concentrates being more.....concentrated. That is there's more THC in there to work on.

Revolution is designed to work with concentrates, T1 is for herb. Revolution will work with bubble hash, cheap ISO, even raw kief but it works best with higher quality oils that will soak into the core.

I wouldn't suggest getting the Revolution unless you have figured out where to get concentrates to feed it.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just so you all know, the secret to making bubble that is liquid as BHO was recently published in a article by supposedly the best Full Melt maker in Colorado.

(The article also will tell you how to stop making fucking nasty BHO that looks like mustard shit).

http://releaf.co/?tag=bho

Thanks for the link :)

jambandphan03,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
Does anyone know if there are plans for Revolution style electroless plated aluminum mouthpieces? I'd definitely pick up one of those for myself given the option.

QuantumTimeSpace,

lepstadder

After i clean and dry mine(under a hair dryer)

I turn it on and blow onto the ceramic and just burn the "stuff" out of it, getting it real hot

Then clean it again and its fine

lepstadder,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
im stumped, got the new cart in the mail, screw it on, no go.

after a shit ton of tinkering, i got it to hit once, but only when i held it a certian way (pressure+angle of batteries)

yes, the o-ring is "seated properly" its lying flat on the edge, switch is in nice, the little peg with the spring on it, wiggles side to side....thats normal right? to allow for movement.

my batteries are fine, i tested the cart with the same batteries, so cart, batteries both work FOR SURE. so the rest, no idea..... i made a video but...seriously wtf is the point? words do enough.

i cleaned every fucking thread, did a full 90% iso wipedown, still nothin!

Xchadb,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
And you used overnight drying....

Well that potentially rules out "E"

Thermo suggested that I torch it red hot to burn anything up inside. I need clarification. Does that mean i blast the outside of the cart-base with a butane or propane flame, then iso and boil/dry?

Again, this is only 10 days of non-abusive use. I have never had any resonated bowl, burned or not taste like this.

Mind you - I still have faith - This was the best portable vape experience ive had... I just want it back now!

The "torching" process is referring to the "20 on, 20 off, for 20 min". Also when doing an ISO soak and boil make sure to remove the Revolution heating element from the Revolution interface so that the liquid can flow easily through the unit. After the boil while its still somewhat hot, run warm tap water through the Revolution to flush out whats left. Then proceed to do the 20/20//20 dry burn.

Cheers,
Thermovape

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
CycleAndVape said:
CycleAndVape said:
Has anyone tried to use bud that has been ground/crushed into a fine powder which looks like kief?
Anyone?
I already have the T1 and this would be my main motivation to get the revolution.
Would it dirty up the ceramic heat exchanger?
Would it blow through and get in your mouth?
Would it work perfectly?

The Revolution was designed to be used for botanical extracts, however if you feel the need to use it for solid material you can go ahead and try it. Compared the the t1 which is a convection vaporizer the Revolution will be acting as a conduction vaporizer, it will work to get vapor but you will have to be very careful and cycle the power as to not get combustion.

Cheers,
Thermovape

ThermoVape,
Top Bottom