Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Found this on RecomendedVapeSupplies site---

rn-image_picker_lib_temp_2670d0b2-8163-4298-bb32-6a3eda279e7d_1024x1024@2x.jpg

"Coming soon...
The Thermal Twist Ball-less, was designed by us in collaboration with Crossing Tech to bring a highly effective and competitively priced injector vape to the market (we will also make a diffuser bowl as there's plenty of heat for conduction!).
Removing the need for balls entirely we have designed this with vortex airflow and a metal core! Available in either SS316 Stainless Steel or Grade 2 Titanium. The Vortex airflow removes the need to stir your bowl when used with around 0.2-0.3g loads as the hot air does the work for you, removing one additional step while vaping! On a related note, there's no need to tamp your bowl as the airflow will spin up your herb, then settle it down for you!
Designed with a simplified user experience in mind, the Thermal Twist comes fully set up with a handle installed on the heater coil and the housing fully set up, making for a plug and play experience without the possibility of spilling balls (as there are none) or mis-installing the handle during setup! The Stand has been designed to provide minimal contact with the housing, meaning the heat stays where it should be, inside the housing and not being transferred into your stand, or worse, into the surface below!
Suggested set temperature range on the PID: 330- 390c (626f-734f) but as with everything... use it as you like it!
Capable of providing anything between low temp terpy hits, to thick clouds. The Thermal Twist has fairly fast vapor production and exceptionally smooth vapor!
This kit comes with everything needed to get started, aside from a glass Rig or Bubbler.
Includes:
  • Thermal Twist Injector (Choose 316 Stainless Steel or GR2 Titanium)
  • Crossing Technology Micro PID (1c/1f)
  • 20mm Heater Coil with Silicone Handle Pre-installed
  • Pre-installed Heat Guard for the Thermal Twist Housing
  • Glass Bowl with a Carbed Passthrough (approx. 0.4g max capacity)
  • 14.4mm Male Joint Bowl
  • 14.4mm to 18.8mm Male Adapter
  • Keck Clip
  • Steel Stand
  • SQP - Scoop and Tamper
  • Wood Cleaning Brush
  • Spare Screens
Warranty Info
  • We provide a one year warranty on the PID controller and Heater Coil.
  • Broken glassware should be reported on arrival.
Full Kit not pictured! Please note we are still setting up this kit and it will come with the 1c/1f Micro-PID by Crossing, not the one pictured... just a head up! Also... the housing gaurd and enail coil handle aren't pictured! We'll get there!
Please perform a burn off cycle on the housing before installed. Once set up, set your PID to 390C (734f) and allow any manufacture residues to burn off. Give it 5 minutes before first use. "

https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/thermal-twist-injector

Looks well built. Sounds interesting. All depends on the airflow. Price for the kit is pretty good too. Wonder if they will sell an injector on its own?
I hope they do a quartz version, but that may be asking alot.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Ordered some bits from RecommendedVapeSupplies, so asked Matt a couple of questions about the Thermal Twist.....

Will You be doing stand alone units? Just the Head? Or only kits?
"The housings will be available alone or with a compatible 20mm coil setup. The coils are the same dimensions as the CH 20mm coils so they can be used if someone has this already."

If so,How much?
"I don't have prices for all the separate parts yet"

Are You taking pre Orders?
"No I hate taking peoples money before I have the item"

Does the stainless have the same bite as Titanium?
Which metal do You find 'smoother' ?
"Stainless steel ones I think are slightly smoother experience for the heater. I'm not sure what you mean by bite"

"I designed it to outperform other 20mm housings and to be made from metal as this has the best thermal properties. With the eye to remove the issues related to balls and to be cheaper than the competition so people could have a cheaper vape with the same or better performance, without the need for balls, user setup or the higher price tags."

I have no affiliation with RecVapes, although it has been my Main Destination for Vape Kit when I need it.
My Vas is Itching......Again...

pe6o32

Trying to figure out how this should perform. Would it be in the same class as ball vapes? I mean there's gotta be a reason why we started including the balls. Matt was advising me to look at the thermal twist instead of a ss zeal or dc elev8r for smoother hits. Any thoughts?

Darth Gram Gram

Trying to figure out how this should perform. Would it be in the same class as ball vapes? I mean there's gotta be a reason why we started including the balls. Matt was advising me to look at the thermal twist instead of a ss zeal or dc elev8r for smoother hits. Any thoughts?
So the balls are included to create a thermal battery to store the heat for the head. The Twist is using a big chunk of spiraled metal to replace that and heat the air. I would imagine similar performance but I could see the Twist needing to run at higher temps to compensate for a less efficient thermal capacity.

badbee

Balls provide a nice combination of thermal mass for storage and high surface area for fast thermal transfer. It's difficult to get that amount of surface area from a solid milled block. With less surface area and heat transfer capability the thermal store has to be hotter which can lead to less stable temperatures through the length of a hit. That's theory, in practice they might be able to get it so close to a ball vape as to not matter.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It's released and available, in the UK at least!

It's very reasonably priced!

coolbreeze

It's released and available, in the UK at least!

It's very reasonably priced!
Hope to hear some reports. Ryan came up with something very much like this awhile back and I always like to try his designs.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phase3-vaporizers.48407/page-51#post-1651711

coolbreeze

Yeah man, I'm looking forward to reports for it too. I wouldn't be surprised if others remembered that post too 😉👍
I'll probably try it, to be honest. I think the higher temps will seem pretty different from my experience but I'm really just intrigued at the airflow, etc. No judgement intended, just credit where it's due.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Cheebsy

AssistedLiving

Removing the need for balls entirely we have designed this with vortex airflow and a metal core! Available in either SS316 Stainless Steel or Grade 2 Titanium. The Vortex airflow removes the need to stir your bowl when used with around 0.1.5-0.2g loads as the hot air does the work for you, removing one additional step while vaping! Just load in a one SQP of herb, place the housing on the bowl, inhale, then watch it spin up and settle in to place! There's no need to tamp your bowl as the airflow will do this for you! Due to the spinning airflow the Thermal Twist also makes an excellent micro-doser, happily vaporizing down to around 0.05g (we haven't tested with less... it would still vape less).

AssistedLiving,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
here i am using the proto
Wow it really took a while for that vapor to get going. Maybe it's the lighting but I'd love to see it side by side with one of the current generation of ball vapes.

From the color, I am guessing this is the SS version? I'd expect that one to be a bit quicker than titanium but I'd love to see more of both in action.

Last edited:
Grass Yes,
Reactions: lazylathe

ChooChooCharlie

Wasn't sure where to post, so I chose this thread. See it listed in the bundle pic. It's steel, but doesn't stick to BCG magnet. Same curved end as OldHead scoop, so same ease scooping out BCG. Crossing Tech scoop is a little shorter, a little lighter. Has flat side for thumb on rod, like OH. A little bit sharper, not as well finished, as the OH though. Crossing tech scoop holds a bit more than OH scoop

Big advantage for my clumsiness -- it fits inside an injector bowl. Not all the way down, but enough not to spill

Bought from VGoodiez

Crossing-Technology-Heb-Scoop.jpg

Available for sale on vgoodiez site, so this thread should be moved from upcoming

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Wow it really took a while for that vapor to get going. Maybe it's the lighting but I'd love to see it side by side with one of the current generation of ball vapes.

From the color, I am guessing this is the SS version? I'd expect that one to be a bit quicker than titanium but I'd love to see more of both in action.
Back in the day... Errlectric came up with this idea, so nothing new and revolutionary here.
There version did not work well as there was not enough mass to heat up and you ended up using very high temps for a less than mediocre experience.

This one seems to have more mass but the video provided by @divinetribe is not very impressive at all, especially with the amount of Herb loaded in the bowl.
Would love to know what temp was used!

ChooChooCharlie

Perhaps rename this thread to:
"Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape"

Available in US, $180 for SS, $200 for Titanium

T&J will be discussing it this evening:

Andjoe

Perhaps rename this thread to:
"Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape"

Available in US, $180 for SS, $200 for Titanium

T&J will be discussing it this evening:
Very excited for this! Great price! Exciting!

Placed an order 5 mins ago and it's my first venture into the world of desktop vapes. Wanted something kinda stonerproof after vaping mostly with butane powered devices (and combusting due to being too high to operate:ugh: ). Maybe VAS had a little helping hand in the decision too :rolleyes: Will post more after thoroughly testing it.

Top Bottom