Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

General Disaster

A Country Member
Why is that an advantage? And is it sufficiently desirable to wait for it?
Well I can only see this as being a real advantage if you want to regularly change the material in the heater - the balls, for something else (different material, size, shape, quality ...). This means not having to remove the screen, which seems a lot more troublesome.

Or maybe if removal for cleaning them regularly is preferred?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
re: the radiator fins

I think that is the design for wood stems yeah, my OG olive wood WPA that is fused to the bowl has fins as well

make the five holes of the TA1 more likely to have lower flow compared to the two holes of the adjustables

Although it is seven holes, no?

Yeah I think that's slight lower flow could be really good, I just wanted the other benefits of the TA3, which were the deciding factors for me

The most unrestricted opening for a set area of hole, would be a single circular hole near centre of the top cap of the heater

Yeah that is like the OG except the hole is so narrow I guess in diameter that it restricts the flow a lot especially with a little tamp so it is a nice experience the way the vapor milks effectively like this

I’m still not sure about getting a TA3 or waiting for TA4. It does seem to me that TA4 is an improved version of the TA3, as it allows you to easily load/unload the balls. Are there any drawbacks to the TA4 or it’s a straight up upgrade?

Yeah if easy loading/unloading for the heater matrix is appealing to you, or potential future proofing modularity if any other indicator type thing like the tempest was introduced for the TA as someone else said previously here, then it would make sense to go for the TA4 incrementally

Why is that an advantage? And is it sufficiently desirable to wait for it?

Yeah so that is dependent on you, for me it has zero benefit, I don't intend to switch the material or anything about the heater matrix personally, and if it really became necessary for that once in a blue moon when I had to do it, then it's not a big deal to have to move the lower screen and access them that way

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The other difference could be the bottom of the chamber that stops the balls from falling out. If it's a mesh screen, there could be a bigger lip to help prevent it falling out after a drop. This could effect the evenness of the extraction though. If it's a perforated screen, that could also make a difference to extraction compared to the other versions.

I think I like the idea of 4 the best so I'll wait it out a bit. I'd prefer to be able to unscrew than mess with screens for doing a deep clean.

Shit Snacks

The other difference could be the bottom of the chamber that stops the balls from falling out. If it's a mesh screen, there could be a bigger lip to help prevent it falling out after a drop. This could effect the evenness of the extraction though. If it's a perforated screen, that could also make a difference to extraction compared to the other versions.

I think I like the idea of 4 the best so I'll wait it out a bit. I'd prefer to be able to unscrew than mess with screens for doing a deep clean.

The screens are mesh, unless you were to replace it with your own, and yes it was mentioned different types of ledge lip to secure the screen... However I don't think that matters as I find the screen to be extremely secure in the OG model, but it could be important if you are planning to frequently swap and replace, if you have an easy way to pop the screen in securely

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Cheebsy

General Disaster

A Country Member
Although it is seven holes, no?
oops! I must have run out of fingers when I counted! 😁
I just wanted the other benefits of the TA3, which were the deciding factors for me
I figured you could set the adjustables for even lower flow than TA1.
Just one point - PP reckons the heater should never need cleaning once it's had it's initial 'buff up' to remove manufacturing fluids (oils mostly I think).
I'd take the word 'never' with a pinch of salt, I'm sure some of us could get it dirty with a little effort! 😉
But then I reckon if used as intended then it simply shouldn't get too messed up (maybe the heat it can absorb gets high enough to discourage collecting of volatile oils?). If PP don't know who the hell would?

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
However I don't think that matters
It matters when comparing all the new versions though
Just one point - PP reckons the heater should never need cleaning
I agree, I also would have thought the tempest would not need deep cleaning of the head but look how messy people are making thier balls there!

Also, I like a pristine vape, so whilst it might not be necessary, I might still like to clean it.

General Disaster

A Country Member
I agree, I also would have thought the tempest would not need deep cleaning of the head but look how messy people are making thier balls there!
Well I've only had my pest for a few weeks, maybe nearly a month, and using it daily, almost exclusively.
When I look down into the bottom of the heater (where the bowl sits when attached) it's spotless. I really couldn't tell if it's been used from inside there! That said, I use very carefully, make sure no weed comes out the bowl when mantling it to use. I never let it go upside down. The nearest is horizontal with the Wand. My guess is the more care in that way, the longer it stays clean in the heater. But then I'm almost obs/comp about it, so not a fair comparison? (more from laziness! hate cleaning the buggers! 😉)

General Disaster,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Shit Snacks

Also, I like a pristine vape, so whilst it might not be necessary, I might still like to clean it

Yeah I never have any issue with my OG, but it is the WPA model, as I said I'm always pretty much using it on a hook so it is right side up... Generally heaters can get dirty this way in other vapes though... a few times I tried using it in a straight glass piece, to experience more of the straight stem joint puffing long cigarette style, so when you are doing that depending on the load etc, it is possible that crumbs could pop out, tiny particles making their way into the heater matrix... I hope to be careful with mine so that I won't need to do that often enough to worry about that feature at least for now

General Disaster

A Country Member
I'm always pretty much using it on a hook
Are you sure?

Hook​

Verb​

Synonyms:overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, crochet, snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom, pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, addict, snare, solicit, accost, accustom, catch, cheat, chisel, entice, fasten, fix, grab, habituate, hit, intertwine, loop, lure, offer, play, rip off,...

I'd use a glass meerschaum instead! 🤭

General Disaster,
  • Haha
Reactions: Wozz

Shit Snacks

Are you sure?

Hook​

Verb​

Synonyms:overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, crochet, snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom, pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, sneak, filch, nobble, lift, addict, snare, solicit, accost, accustom, catch, cheat, chisel, entice, fasten, fix, grab, habituate, hit, intertwine, loop, lure, offer, play, rip off,...

Yes? Was there a joke here I missed?? Mentioned previously I like to use my OG on sherlock heady jay hook to puff on... Based on the context of my quote, I used hook as a noun...

I'd use a glass meerschaum instead! 🤭

I had to look that up, and now I'm a little more confused, because it was defined as seafoam, which I thought of as more of a color and never would have guessed it is a stone-like object?? That pipes are made out of lol

Shit Snacks,

General Disaster

A Country Member
Yes? Was there a joke here I missed??
I'm sorry, my sense of humour sometimes loses it's sense of humour without telling me! Wasn't a jibe or anything! Maybe cultural? (I'm totally uncultured! 🙂)

The meerschaum is the same sort of shape as a hook, or at least some of them, maybe I haven't seen a big enough range?

Oh dear! I forget where I am (who I am?) sometimes! So sorry for the confusion! 🙃

General Disaster,
  • Haha
Reactions: Shit Snacks

someTooL

What's your voltage & timings? Are you seeing orange?
New head at 24. Glowing blue only now lol. Since the pic the blue has spread top to bottom.

Yep. Setting in the Tempest setup currently…broke a glass Charlie stem and went straight to this. Really deserved a PP custom stem :tup:

coolbreeze

New head at 24. Glowing blue only now lol. Since the pic the blue has spread top to bottom.

Yep. Setting in the Tempest setup currently…broke a glass Charlie stem and went straight to this. Really deserved a PP custom stem :tup:
Man, I can't wait to try it. The Chaos is great fun; wonder if it's been successfully Inducted yet. And yes on the stem, I've always admired them, finally grabbed a beaut!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: someTooL

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm looking forward to seeing the different videos as people different ovens, I half wish I could get them all to try and see how they differ.

The smooth Adjustaflo seems like the one I would most want, I like the idea of the larger size / larger heat matrix with adjustable airflow even thought MTL is not something I have ever done.

The only thing I am curious about is the screw as it sits up a little raised. I think I saw that the Magsink has a little indentation where the magnet is for the screw to slip into; I wonder how other magnets might work - or not work - because of the raised screw. Not something that turns me off the Adjustaflo at all just as you gotta get a Magsink but I am curious about some of the other stands or magnetic surfaces and how it would stand up or not.

Also.... I have to applaud @phattpiggie for managing to keep the pricing pretty affordable, while still doing some innovation with the design providing more options for people with different use cases and not overly complicating the design.

I also read that someone said that there was rumors about being able to eventually buy a temperature indicator and that you might need to have the top loading TA, I was thinking about it and being that you heat the TA a the very top, in makes no sense to have the Temperature indicator at the very top, you want to have it lower, either at the level of the bowl or somewhere in the oven itself as having it in the direct flame doesn't really make sense (to my limited mechanical mind) and I doubt PP would make a gauge that only worked in one of his new ovens.

*shrugs* but that's just my opinion

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
What's in the electopath bowl? Just the adapter?
Yes. It's heating the vapor traveling down. You could also put weed on the screen so the TA vapes it's load in its chamber making the vapor pass through the weed on the Electropath screen vaporizing that as well for a double decker weed bowl experience if that makes sense.:D

Sativapo

PP told me that development of a VI for the TA4 is not sure yet. I went for the 3 as I don't plan on cleaning or changing the balls often. And I think the curious ones that want to fiddle with the balls would have enough dexterity to pop off and replace a screen.

Top Bottom