Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Totally agree. No one owes anyone anything. And I don't owe anyone my hard earned money.
I respect your feelings.

(I'm not saying you are the same) I get invested in this stuff, I spend a lot of time on this site and others, reading up on all the things I am curious about, asking questions, making suggestions, challenging things... It ends up being a lot of time. I sort of put that mark in my mental calender and am excited waiting for that time to come. When that time comes and goes and things go quiet, it can be really hard to not loose patience, get fed up or develop some sort of resentment (I'm over stating a little).

The only thing I will point out is that you posted a message asking phatpiggie if everything was ok and he responded, which while I understand its been a long time since we got a public update, we got one.

I don't mean anything by it, its the Devils Advocate inside me

I am looking forward to seeing what that new vape is for America (30 of them - so no chance I'll manage to get one as an Aussie - plus I don't even know what it is), I wonder what he came up with?? I have also spoken to a few other people who have told me about issues around this time of year with there manufacturing so, I am not totally surprised by the delay.

I would still really like to add a TA (v2) to my collection if I get the chance to.

simba

@weedanwine
I've been using my TA a lot more recently, I'd put it down for a while as I'd had some issues with getting the temperature right. My problem was using a different torch than I first used with it 😂

The other day fired it up with my original big torch and had a perfect bowl, every other bowl since has been great. It's not become a daily driver but still using it much more regularly than I was.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't been paying attention to this device, partially because I thought that the TA was a prior project that had resulted in the Tempest just like the Resolve has. Phatpiggie's name on the Tempest project fooled me. Guess I need to keep an eye pointed in here as well...

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I haven't been paying attention to this device, partially because I thought that the TA was a prior project that had resulted in the Tempest just like the Resolve has. Phatpiggie's name on the Tempest project fooled me. Guess I need to keep an eye pointed in here as well...
There is definitely something to keep an eye on…

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
X-post from the Chaos thread:
Excuse the rain drops in there. TA at 12 o'clock, Tempest at 1 and VC at 3.
As it's so big it made sense to offer the option to use a smaller bowl. The new TA have a variabowl so you can microdose with the Chaos core.
IMG-20230912-140315-984-2.jpg

Every Chaos goes out with a TA adapter and circlip. All metals are 316SS. Empty core in this picture.
Excuse the stand as you only ever see the top of the glass in other pictures.

The idea is that if you preferred using the smaller TA bowl all the time you would leave the top hat in place secured with the internal circlip.
IMG-20240215-134552-677-2.jpg

@VAPEHUNTER tried it this way and it works great. The top hat didn't appear to be that hot as they removed it with their fingers.
IMG-20240215-134455-565-2.jpg

I can also offer Chaos to TA bowls. The Walnut has been made this way. Chaos bowl screws on to the TA bowl.
They require a regular cleaning as the recalim will collect in the threading.
IMG-20240215-134433-830-2.jpg

There will be a number of fancy units being put together as and when time permits. Same kind of thing as the Walnut as well as some custom orders that have come in and ones that I just fancy making.
Some oblique peeks at the new TA for anyone else waiting on the drop… or an update. 😉

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
X-post from the Chaos thread:

Some oblique peeks at the new TA for anyone else waiting on the drop… or an update. 😉
to be Australian and watch this happen everywhere else first :p

I am so curious about this combination of TA and Chaos and have been watching this thread for months :) (excluding the last month as I haven't been able to - but hopefully I can keep up now)

Last edited:

General Disaster

A Country Member
@phattpiggie - 'poligies if it's been said and I've not spotted/found, but is there an official distributor for the new batch of up-coming TA's in the UK? Apart from the extra costs and time etc. I'd much prefer to order within UK anyway, if at all possible?
TIA mate.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
What’s the best entry point? Buy a TA, buy a body (good entry level suggestion ?), and a torch (which one), decapper. Just dipping my toe in this, try not to spend too much.
It really depends on how you plan on using it and/or if you already have some 8mm stems.
If you want to go entry-level, the cheapest option would be the 8mm version of the TA and a glass stem like SP aristocrat stem. However, I think this isn't the best solution as you're gonna miss some cooling. I use a Ed's tnt WPA with a TRWW mouthpiece/condenser/intercooler.

If you don't have any high end DV stem and want something more durable than glass, then I suggest you to buy the Walnut stem version that @phattpiggie offers.

ETA: @General Disaster I think @phattpiggie will take care of the sales in the UK, but I'm not 100% sure there won't be also any third party vendor involved.

General Disaster

A Country Member
ETA: @General Disaster I think @phattpiggie will take care of the sales in the UK, but I'm not 100% sure there won't be also any third party vendor involved.
Thanks @Franco, I just want to be on the ball (so to speak! 😉) as I'm guessing they'll be going like hot-cakes at first! And it'd be such a bummer to find out just as the last one goes out the door (story of my life! 😄)

What’s the best entry point? Buy a TA, buy a body (good entry level suggestion ?), and a torch (which one), decapper. Just dipping my toe in this, try not to spend too much.
Believe it comes with a wooden decapper as standard.

General Disaster

A Country Member
If you don't have any high end DV stem and want something more durable than glass, then I suggest you to buy the Walnut stem version that @phattpiggie offers.
Is that the one shown in VGoodies?
Certainly very nice looking indeed, though I have to admit to being very tempted to try a Revolve2.
I'm currently torn between that with the TA, or a Tempest (gotta say, a visual heat indicator is mighty tempting!), and so far my VAS has persuaded me that I only need just one more vape, and I'll never ever ever need another in my life, regardless of all the new and fantastic devices of the future, so it's fine to overspend on it!

I've have this horrid feeling it's going to end up as a race for the next to be released to market. And of course, whichever I get, I'll only be convinced the other one would have been the better choice if only I'd waited another week, and end up getting that one too!
(...and that's when I'll hear of the latest news on the even better idea coming out soon to a spewtube video near you, that knocks these babies into a cocked hat!).
Nope! I was right, it's Vape Anxiety Syndrome really!

P.S. Sorry if a quick search missed this (knowing me it probably did) but I noticed on the walnut stem TA, instead of the wooden insulator/collar it has rather elegant fins where it meets the stem. Is this a customisation, or is it what is under the wooden collar (is it removable?) as standard?
Can anyone enlighten me? (Aaagh! No! The flames, the flames! 😧)

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
No wooden collar in the TA V2 AFAIK.
As for the Revolve2, I can attest it works great with the TA, even though I like a more open draw. That's why I switched back to the Ed's tnt/TRWW setup (I'll upload a pic at some point).

Franco,

General Disaster

A Country Member
No wooden collar in the TA V2 AFAIK.
As for the Revolve2, I can attest it works great with the TA, even though I like a more open draw. That's why I switched back to the Ed's tnt/TRWW setup (I'll upload a pic at some point).
Cheers, be interesting to see.

To be honest I'd probably just go get a Revolve while waiting on the TA/Tempest, but it would be a little redundant if I did end up with a T'pest.
I do love piggie's wooden stem, but for my remaining lung, I suspect the Rev would be best.
Maybe I can rustle up some corporate sponsorship to get every possible option? I was considering trying MENSA first, whatddaya think? Am I on to a winner there? I can't see any obvious reasons they wouldn't go for it?
I was working on a plan for a Screwtube channel called "Too Fucked to Think!" with the MENSA Approved logo!?
Possible tie in with some strains?
Lost IQ (indica)
Mumble Shit (hybrid), and firm fav...
Thick (as a) Brick (pressed donkey shite).

(🎼...my god how the money roll's in, roll's in ...🎶)
Share offering's are being considered - tba, no unsolicited comms thank you!
Vote "Make GD Great Again!" (MGDGA! Roll's off the tongue!)

General Disaster,
Top Bottom