Black Limba Sticky Brick Jr
Bog oak Simrell stem
Blackwood Simrell POTV stem
Kingswood Phat Piggie stem
Walnut Vapman
Olive Italian Vapman

rvarick

Wood-based lineup:

From left to right: Afara Wood stem (f/Dynacrafts) / Simrell Vortex (Purpleheart) / Futo Walnut G2 stash / Splinter V2 (Blackwood, on Walnut Grus mod) / Mistvape Bocote MP stem / Firewood 5 / Firewood 7 (w/Purpleheart MV stem) / Cosmic Xtractor (Blue Mahoe) / NEWW Blue Stabilized Maple Burl stem / Simrell Canary helix stem w/TRWW Canary MP / Futo Galaxy Burl G2 stash / Splinter Z Custom (Wenge) / Doug's Woodery Nova (Ambrosia Maple/Bloodwood) / REFC JetDryV (Canary) / Lamart Piro (Mahogany) / Dfreez CL Bowl (Olivewood) / Couchlog (Olivewood/Grenadill) / CL temp controller (Blackforest Oak) / Woodscents (Cocobolo) / Milaana 2 (Walnut/Sapele) / Halo (Olivewood) / Heavy Atlas (unknown burl) / iDB/CC Bowl (Olivewood w/Afzelia wood plug).

Also, if you're curious how these are all stored:

Last edited:

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Thank you for this fantastic post!

What an awesome collection! I like your style a lot! :)

The pictures and the description are great!

I also love how you arranged them for the picture and the way you store them is exemplary.

...need to go look up some of that stuff now.

rvarick

Thank you for this fantastic post!

What an awesome collection! I like your style a lot! :)

The pictures and the description are great!

I also love how you arranged them for the picture and the way you store them is exemplary.

...need to go look up some of that stuff now.
Thank you for the kind words! 😊

My collection definitely shows where my VAS and OCD meet and live together in harmony! 😉

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
woodies-original.jpg

My woodies within reach. It's modest but a nice little variety.
What are everyone's woodies that got away, or wordy wishlist vapes? especially those out of production.

Yeah I missed out on the MVT2 as well unfortunately, but also the Venus Helios ... Very lucky to have Zion, still sad that didn't become what it should have been for all... Also thankful for exotic Milaanas though!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
IIRC @Ed's TnT has a picture of his collection of log vapes, he’s got basically every log ever manufactured I think.
It’s pretty impressive and will be a magnificent exhibit someday at the International Vaporization Museum. Although a handful of site locations for the museum are being considered, multiple unconfirmed sources agree that Stu’s garage remains the favourite option.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
IIRC @Ed's TnT has a picture of his collection of log vapes, he’s got basically every log ever manufactured I think.
It’s pretty impressive and will be a magnificent exhibit someday at the International Vaporization Museum. Although a handful of site locations for the museum are being considered, multiple unconfirmed sources agree that Stu’s garage remains the favourite option.
Brother you are correct, have been told its the most extensive log vape collection amassed. Have every major production log and several betas that never made it to mass production as well as multiples of many of the golden oldies. I bought a metal shelf a bit back and some led lighting strings to eventually set it up for show but have yet to get it done. I spend so much time in the shop and on the PC when I dont have to I am not into doing much more. If not working I am with my sons making the most of the time with them. My 2 oldest are grown now and have to bribe them with their favorites food for dinner to see them sometimes. My two younger are growing so fast wont be long I wont be cool any more and girls will be way more fun. Will get to setting up the display one day will be fun to share with everyone. Hope all is well brother wishing you the best.

noobvaperct

Looking into getting a wooden mouth piece for a glass stem I'm getting custom made and was always curious about how to keep something like that free of bacteria? You can't exactly iso bath it like you can with metal/glass. Here for the tips and general care for when I get it.

noobvaperct,

DaVapeGuy

How often do y'all wax/oil your wood?

And what products would you recommend?

DaVapeGuy,

Shit Snacks

How often do y'all wax/oil your wood?

And what products would you recommend?

Never, basically, I just read something on Reddit from a woodworker saying how it's not even necessary, the only benefits are superficial, if you like the way it looks and feels with a coat of wax, but it's not really going to do anything long-term practically for the wood... I used to use some wood butter and beeswax on my old Triihouse Lily, I used a tiny bit on some other wood vapes back in the day too, but it's been like 8 years since I have bothered, none of my newer vapes have had anything at all without issue... Some of them come really nicely finished, and they stay that way since I take really good care of them I suppose without too much use either? But my other ones, that see more heavy use, and were not even as well finished perhaps, still have zero issues...

DaVapeGuy

Never, basically, I just read something on Reddit from a woodworker saying how it's not even necessary, the only benefits are superficial, if you like the way it looks and feels with a coat of wax, but it's not really going to do anything long-term practically for the wood... I used to use some wood butter and beeswax on my old Triihouse Lily, I used a tiny bit on some other wood vapes back in the day too, but it's been like 8 years since I have bothered, none of my newer vapes have had anything at all without issue... Some of them come really nicely finished, and they stay that way since I take really good care of them I suppose without too much use either? But my other ones, that see more heavy use, and were not even as well finished perhaps, still have zero issues...

I wonder if your environment plays a role in that?

Less humid climates are better for wood no?

Shit Snacks

I wonder if your environment plays a role in that?

Less humid climates are better for wood no?

Yeah that's a thing too, although it's extremely dry here, you'd think that would be bad for wood, meaning that it would need more treatment and moisture, but it doesn't... Humidity you'd think could add extra moisture, create problems there, but I used to live in a very humid place and didn't really have that problem either...

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Most wood tends to get darker if it's not being treated in some kinda way. UV rays play a big part in that, so does moist and dirt. If a wooden vaporizer was treated right, this shouldn't happen though, unless you leave it out in the sun for a while, touch it with sweaty hands or sand it. Some woods are more sensitive when it comes to that. Most of the red wood tends to fade after time or even change it's colour to brown.
I've made over a hundred pendants and spoons which have been only treated with wax or Danish oil. If being used or worn, almost all of the brighter and light brown pieces got darker over time. Of course there's plenty of exceptions as well, like a 2000 year old Bug Oak or Ebony won't show those effects, but from my experience, that's how it works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom