The WOODEN Vaporizer Thread

SteveOG

Mine landed! I'm a half-bowl in and love it already. If you love bricks or are just brick-curious, the top-shelf sale is an amazing deal on a fantastic vape!
IMG-6716.jpg
How does this compare toaSticky Brick? And did the above all come in one package once you ordered from the Top Shelf section? Just to add whenever I pop into the forum you have something that I immediately want to have! Not sure this is good for me :)

coolbreeze

How does this compare toaSticky Brick? And did the above all come in one package once you ordered from the Top Shelf section? Just to add whenever I pop into the forum you have something that I immediately want to have! Not sure this is good for me :)
Sorry, Steve! : P

All the components of the vape came in the package, yes. You would still need to buy a torch separately. Just leave him a note if you'd like a different color glass and you need to specify that you want the nubbed glass (the cooling is significant). If you like, you can also order some extra, longer cooling stems (I regret I didn't and will have to go back) for around the house.

I have not compared it to an SBL Junior, but comparing it to the Dreamwood Punch, the SBL OG, etc. it's at least as easy to use, flavor and effects are comparable. It's a little big as a pocket vape (though it fits a back Levi's pocket about perfectly), but pics show it's a good bit slimmer than the Junior. My only regret is that the Top Shelf is being constantly restocked with interesting new units...

SteveOG

Sorry, Steve! : P

All the components of the vape came in the package, yes. You would still need to buy a torch separately. Just leave him a note if you'd like a different color glass and you need to specify that you want the nubbed glass (the cooling is significant). If you like, you can also order some extra, longer cooling stems (I regret I didn't and will have to go back) for around the house.

I have not compared it to an SBL Junior, but comparing it to the Dreamwood Punch, the SBL OG, etc. it's at least as easy to use, flavor and effects are comparable. It's a little big as a pocket vape (though it fits a back Levi's pocket about perfectly), but pics show it's a good bit slimmer than the Junior. My only regret is that the Top Shelf is being constantly restocked with interesting new units...
Thanks for that. You've done it again! I just had to look up the Dreamwood Punch. That is one pretty device. Are they "heavy Hitters", I'm a bit of a lightweight?

coolbreeze

Thanks for that. You've done it again! I just had to look up the Dreamwood Punch. That is one pretty device. Are they "heavy Hitters", I'm a bit of a lightweight?
Those are wonderful. They have a sorta new model, the Punch DLX, it has a little additional block under the heat intake? Those can be instantly converted to bong vapes, so it's actually a twofer! Anyhow, those guys make wonderful vapes and they're great. Highly recommended. They also have a pocket portable called the Dobby. It's wonderful as well and quite a bit smaller than the Nova or the Junior. And if you inquire, they may make you a Double-Punch, which combines both into the body of a Dobby, with the ability to shift the mouthpiece from the portable position to the more comfortable home position. It's really just a wonderful piece.

In terms of whether or not it's heavy, yes it is. And it's not. Bricks are generally so adaptable to simple changes in technique that you can sip or slam at will. All three of these vapes--and the Nova--are really top-notch, easily the equals of the better know bricks.

Last edited:

SteveOG

Those are wonderful. They have a sorta new model, the Punch DLX, it has a little additional block under the heat intake? Those can be instantly converted to bong vapes, so it's actually a twofer! Anyhow, those guys make wonderful vapes and they're great. Highly recommended. They also have a pocket portable called the Dobby. It's wonderful as well and quite a bit smaller than the Nova or the Junior. And if you inquire, they may make you a Double-Punch, which combines both into the body of a Dobby, with the ability to shift the mouthpiece from the portable position to the more comfortable home position. It's really just a wonderful piece.

In terms of whether or not it's heavy, yes it is. And it's not. Bricks are generally so adaptable to simple changes in technique that you can sip or slam at will. All three of these vapes--and the Nova--are really top-notch, easily the equals of the better know bricks.
They do look pretty cool. The Roasty Large looks like an interesting piece as well - A type of wooden Dynavap-ish device. I do like these and the Nova. Problem is how to choose? I already have a Lotus and Vapman and a Steamwhistle.

coolbreeze

They do look pretty cool. The Roasty Large looks like an interesting piece as well - A type of wooden Dynavap-ish device. I do like these and the Nova. Problem is how to choose? I already have a Lotus and Vapman and a Steamwhistle.
Ah, nice! Ok, so it looks like you are wanting a midsize hand-held. If portability is a must, the Dobby/Double Punch or Nova would be better. If it's for home/camping/vacation, any would work fine and there's also the SBL Runt (and the OG), which seems to be the favorite in this category. The Nova obviously has the price advantage; they and the Bricks are domestic (assuming you're in the US) so communications and transport should be simpler, faster, cheaper.

I love my Nova so don't get me wrong but I personally would go for one of the Dreamwoods. First of all, the design/builds are incredible, the woods are gorgeous, the function is easy and top quality in terms of production, effects, flavor. The Dreamwoods are a little more elegant, imho, and the Dobby more pocket-ready, and are part of a smaller market where the sale will have more impact. My Punches are my most-used handlhelds. But honestly the Novas are also an excellent choice with some advantages. With the differences in configuration taken to account, choose the one that looks best to you. : )

SteveOG

Ah, nice! Ok, so it looks like you are wanting a midsize hand-held. If portability is a must, the Dobby/Double Punch or Nova would be better. If it's for home/camping/vacation, any would work fine and there's also the SBL Runt (and the OG), which seems to be the favorite in this category. The Nova obviously has the price advantage; they and the Bricks are domestic (assuming you're in the US) so communications and transport should be simpler, faster, cheaper.

I love my Nova so don't get me wrong but I personally would go for one of the Dreamwoods. First of all, the design/builds are incredible, the woods are gorgeous, the function is easy and top quality in terms of production, effects, flavor. The Dreamwoods are a little more elegant, imho, and the Dobby more pocket-ready, and are part of a smaller market where the sale will have more impact. My Punches are my most-used handlhelds. But honestly the Novas are also an excellent choice with some advantages. With the differences in configuration taken to account, choose the one that looks best to you. : )
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I'll go down the Dreamwood route. Potentailly the Dobby to save a bit of cash. Any thoughts on the mouthpiece to go with it? A longer one to coll the vapour down or even a wood one?

coolbreeze

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I'll go down the Dreamwood route. Potentailly the Dobby to save a bit of cash. Any thoughts on the mouthpiece to go with it? A longer one to coll the vapour down or even a wood one?
The one that comes with it will be the right size for enclosing it, but I'd ask about getting a nubbed one, at the very least. The nubs make a huge difference in cooling, so even at the normal length, it would be much better.

That said, longer glass paths, especially nubbed, will definitely cool better and move the intake a little further, maybe a little easier to see and great for home use. Wooden paths seem pretty neutral temperature-wise so that should work too, but maybe not quite as cool as glass with nubs.

almost there

If you can wait another month they’ll likely have a 420 sale. Shipping is pretty expensive from Germany, if you spend 150 Euros the shipping is complementary so it’s worth the wait. Just be aware they have the green dream website as well as the new dreamwood site and they list different items last I checked

XpeeN

If you can wait another month they’ll likely have a 420 sale. Shipping is pretty expensive from Germany, if you spend 150 Euros the shipping is complementary so it’s worth the wait. Just be aware they have the green dream website as well as the new dreamwood site and they list different items last I checked
Idk if it's still available but there was a 20% coupon code for dreamwood "DW20"

TangibleHangnail

Does anyone have a list of the sizes of mouthpieces and heat intakes that the various wood bricks use? And any leads on 3rd party sources for the glass bits? A lot seem to be discontinued or out of stock

TangibleHangnail,
Reactions: XpeeN

coolbreeze

Does anyone have a list of the sizes of mouthpieces and heat intakes that the various wood bricks use? And any leads on 3rd party sources for the glass bits? A lot seem to be discontinued or out of stock
Kinda surprised there's never really been much of a glass aftermarket for the bricks. I would love to have sets of fumed or colored glass or glass with linework, dots, etc.. And those awesome bubblers they used to have, etc. Someone was making etched pieces for the OG at one time, I recall...

coolbreeze,
Reactions: XpeeN

gheebee

wv.png

At first I was surprised to not see more MFLBs here but if I'm being honest I almost never use these anymore so I can see why, much as I hate to admit it my other vapes just work better. They're what got me vaping so I have affection/nostalgia for them but really it only leads to me taking them out and admiring them from time to time. I really should use them again if only for the hell of it; maybe tonight...

Anyway, the one on the left is the one that started it all for me; I wanted to try a vape so I got that and surprisingly never really looked back. I felt so foolish the first time I used this due to a complete lack of visible vapor but shortly after when I began to feel high I felt like a genius. Treated myself to a zebrawood LE after I'd had the other one for a while, that one was always my favorite because it looked cool and also felt like it hit slightly harder than my original one. Finally on the right we have a newer model MFLB with the ball lock lid but one that is very neglected, I inherited this one but just haven't done much (tried to clean the lid, I think it's like that from heat and needs to be replaced...) to clean it up. Also pictured are 1 retail PA, 1 beta PA, and a 14mm WPA.

Top Bottom