Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

aero18

vaporist
http://img31.imageshack.us/i/l77pdtear.jpg/
http://i50.tinypic.com/20fs0t1.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/111mqu1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/1jp6e0.jpg

These are all PD's, but some PD's have more rounded bodies than others (at least that is what it looks like from the photos). I think the more rounded look feels better in the hand and look more aesthetically pleasing.

I also saw that the rounded corners on the WDZ are kind of rough in that there seems to be a sort of ridge that you can see. can you make it an even round?

Thanks for considering this! :D

EDIT: Do you also take custom wood orders?

aero18,

lwien

aero18 said:
Highendvapes, would it be possible for you to round the edges a bit more (mostly top and a little of the bottom) if I ordered one?
Make it MORE PD-like?

mod note: Don't go there, lwien. We're gonna keep it nice in here.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
aero18 said:
Highendvapes, would it be possible for you to round the edges a bit more (mostly top and a little of the bottom) if I ordered one?
Make it MORE PD-like?
Well, I'd like the bottom to be slightly more curved than the PD.

aero18,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think that would be alot more work too get the leather and bottom real nice and flush... if done wrong the unit will easily fall over, would have too be a real slight curve.

DevoTheStrange,

aero18

vaporist
DevoTheStrange said:
I think that would be alot more work too get the leather and bottom real nice and flush... if done wrong the unit will easily fall over, would have too be a real slight curve.
I could always do it myself. I'm more interested in the top portion! :D

aero18,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I'm with Devo on the rounded bottom. The placement of the heat exchanger makes the design top heavy already, and making the bottom rounder would most likely cause it to tip frequently. The rounder top is able to be done though.

highendvapes,

GhostVapor

Right out of the box my first impression was, that it was a bit smaller than I had imagined it would be. I pictured it as being slightly larger than a pop can, when it is actually a little smaller. Then, I inspected the stems. At this point, I was wondering how well this is all going to work. So, I go plug it in, then pack a stem and wait an hour. Upon exhaling my first rip, I literally yell out "Holy Shit!". I couldn't believe the size of the hit I got from such a small amount!

I've had my little wooden buddy for almost two days, I can already say that I love this thing, the look of it, the feel of it and the taste you get from it. I can now truly understand why vapes of this design are so sought after. Thanks again Todd.

GhostVapor,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
whats is the size of the woodblock you would need to make a custom woodeez? i wanna get something done for my GF.

illadelph,

vape4health

GhostVapor said:
I can now truly understand why vapes of this design are so sought after. Thanks again Todd.
I'm with you , when I was reading all the hype about the small wooden vape's I was like what's the big friggin deal , but now I see .

vape4health,

badlarry

GhostVapor said:
Upon exhaling my first rip, I literally yell out "Holy Shit!". I couldn't believe the size of the hit I got from such a small amount!
I agree. Wow. I'm very impressed with the performance of this vape. Nice hits, I just wish I had something better tasting than these old mids.

Thanks Todd! This thing rocks!

badlarry,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
:brow: Glad you guys are liking your Woodeez. I swear by mine.

Illadelph, I'd like to see a minimum size of 3x3x12. That gives me 2 chances in case it cracks during the initial heating. I've had quite a few go bad once the heat expands the wood.

highendvapes,

pbmagnet4

Ordered mine in walnut (im really split between the walnut and ti tree) last night... I actually dropped off PD wait-list that i had been on since Oct. 7th, and switched to the WZ. It seems that Todd having the ability to do custom orders changed my position on who i was going to buy from. Cant wait to get my WZ sometime after the holidays :brow:.

EDIT: Todd's service has possibly been the best I have delt with as long as I have been using the internet :p

pbmagnet4,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
pbmagnet4 said:
EDIT: Todd's service has possibly been the best I have delt with as long as I have been using the internet :p
Wow, thanks for the props pbmagnet. I'm just doing the best I can. Yours should be going out this week. Dont think it will make it there by Christmas, but before the New Year for sure.

highendvapes,

GhostVapor

Hey Todd how would you feel about working with a piece of black and white ebony? Also, What types of exotic woods do you have access to?

GhostVapor,

vape4health

vape4health,

lwien

Different woods have different densities guys, so they very could have an affect of how hot or cold your vape will get. Also, many of them can't deal with the heat expansions and may crack over time. Just something to keep in mind when considering exotic woods that haven't been proven in a vape environment.

lwien,

Beezleb

I think its safe to say many people would be interested in an exotic wood just for the cool or wow factor. I believe his warranty covers the vape very well for a year after purchase.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
I think its safe to say many people would be interested in an exotic wood just for the cool or wow factor. I believe his warranty covers the vape very well for a year after purchase.
As long as Todd tests these woods out to see if they will hold the correct temp before making a final product for sale, then it should be ok on the temp side. And as far as warranty goes, as long as he is in business a year from now, than the warranty should cover any cracking issues. This warranty issue doesn't just pertain to Todd, but to all businesses and is just a wise consideration when doing business with anyone, especially when one does business with a brand new start up company.

Edit: If memory serves me, there was a post here at FC a long while back showing a laundry list of different woods and their densities and which ones would be suitable for a vape of this kind and which ones wouldn't be suitable. Too lazy to dig around for it now.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
Beezleb said:
As long as Todd tests these woods out to see if they will hold the correct temp before making a final product for sale, then it should be ok on the temp side. And as far as warranty goes, as long as he is in business a year from now, than the warranty should cover any cracking issues. This warranty issue doesn't just pertain to Todd, but to all businesses and is just a wise consideration when doing business with anyone, especially when one does business with a brand new start up company.

Edit: If memory serves me, there was a post here at FC a long while back showing a laundry list of different woods and their densities and which ones would be suitable for a vape of this kind and which ones wouldn't be suitable. Too lazy to dig around for it now.
I know the one your talking about... I believe it is recommended getting a wood that has a medium density (Such as Walnut, Myrtle, Cherry, and the likes) over the harder ones, because the ones with a high density, such as ebony, move too much heat away from the HE. And the ones with a low density, like pine, are more prone too crack

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

Todd , if someone has a exotic wood vape made and then it does crack within the one year , will you replace it with a normal wood one . Not to put you on the spot or anything .

vape4health,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
I've gotten several different requests as to making a Woodeez out of specific pieces of wood. Most of the pictures that have been forwarded to me are of some highly figured, burled pieces that really arent suitable for the heat involved. The grain pattern varies so much that expansion and contraction will be an issue. Also, as previously mentioned the density of the wood makes a huge difference in the vapor production. To dense and the heat moves away from the heat exchanger. Softer woods wont hold up. Most of the requests have been for softwood.

I can only warranty wood that I select. I guess that being said, custom orders will be for choice of wood type available. Maple and Dark Walnut right now, various other types will be available as they are in stock. I guess that its more of a choice than a custom. I'm more than willing to look at woods if you have a favorite, or see a particular piece that catches your eye, but if it isnt of the correct density, or if it will leave a taste, or has workability issues, etc. will determine if it is feasable to construct a diffuser from. I cannot guarantee that the piece of wood that you want will fall into a useable category.

And yes,if I build a custom for someone and it fails within the warranty period, it would be replaced with Walnut.

highendvapes,
Top Bottom