The Vista Mini E-rig & Vista Mini 2 by X-Vape

Bigpoppafudge420

Important information for all Vista Mini2 owners: Please stop to use your device until we made more light on an issue happened to somebody in our SubReddit (r/XVapeVaporizers), to be short his VM2 atty exploded and shattered the carb cap which was in place, he is safe I think.

At the moment we don't know exactly what happened and how to explain it. As well we don't know if it's a lone issue or something which could happen on every unit, we want to know if it's reproductible also. Or, as well, if it's coming from an user mistake but I can't see how it is possible and this guy seems well experienced with that sort of gear.

I can't say what direction the company will follow, I decided myself to post here to advice everybody here of this problem before to talk with my boss. But she will investigate in order to advices everybody of the cause of this important issue, stay tuned and stay safe, please, stop to use your VM2 until further devellopments.

...holy crap...I think i'll leave mine in the box unopened for a while....*slides box across the floor with foot*

Bigpoppafudge420,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
...holy crap...I think i'll leave mine in the box unopened for a while....*slides box across the floor with foot*
Maybe not for so long, we talk together at TopGreen cause we are taking that issue seriously. The engineer doesn't think something like that can happen under normal use... at the moment I don't get more infos but I'll get some very soon since our support team is in contact with the guy. Although my first thoughts are a small amount of water/iso reached the internals of the atty, when powered on that moisture created pressure and "exploded"... even if it's only an hypothesis we still have to determinate how that moisture reached internals (seam, user mistake if the user soaked the whole atty i.e, defective atty,...).

This is not a very good incident for us, we are glad the guy is safe though and we are sorry for him. This is the occasion for us to show you how much we take health concerns seriously and this is will bring a lot of improvements in order to avoid that sort of incident happens again... but I know the best would be it never happened... although it is true and we have to comes out of this story a better company!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
We all lived an anxious situation at TopGreen, in 8 years of manufacturing we had never seen a such potentially harmful issue!

Although after more investigations and talks with the guy it appears he made a mistake while cleaning the atty, some iso was trapped in the coil and exploded while hitting the power button. It looks like he is a beginner with e-rigs and he used too much iso for cleaning. To avoid anybody to get the same issues we will add this Safety Warning:

NOTICE:
AS WITH ANY ELECTRONIC VAPORIZER PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE HEATING ELEMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER USE.
DO NOT SUBMERGE HEATING ELEMENT OR THE BATTERY IN WATER OR ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. ALWAYS DETACH THE
HEATING ELEMENT FROM BATTERY PRIOR TO CLEANING AND MAKE SURE THE HEATING ELEMENT AND ALL CONNECTORS ARE COMPLETE DRY BEFORE EACH USE.

Personnaly I would add, for Vista Mini 2 owners, to avoid to scrape the bottom of the cup, if you do it, be gentle and check for cracks or seam after cleaning, don't use a cracked atty.

The guy already received a replacement unit and seems glad to see how we took care of him and the situation, I don't know if it's a member here... if it's the case I invite you to share your story here.

Very happy the conclusion came fast with everybody safe and happy, have fun now!

Last edited:

Petetbay

We all lived an anxious situation at TopGreen, in 8 years of manufacturing we had never seen a such potentially harmful issue!

Although after more investigations and talks with the guy it appears he made a mistake while cleaning the atty, some iso was trapped in the coil and exploded while hitting the power button. It looks like he is a beginner with e-rigs and he used too much iso for cleaning. To avoid anybody to get the same issues we will add this Safety Warning:

NOTICE:
AS WITH ANY ELECTRONIC VAPORIZER PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE HEATING ELEMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER USE.
DO NOT SUBMERGE HEATING ELEMENT OR THE BATTERY IN WATER OR ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. ALWAYS DETACH THE
HEATING ELEMENT FROM BATTERY PRIOR TO CLEANING AND MAKE SURE THE HEATING ELEMENT AND ALL CONNECTORS ARE COMPLETE DRY BEFORE EACH USE.

Personnaly I would add, for Vista Mini 2 owners, to avoid to scrape the bottom of the cup, if you do it, be gentle and check for cracks or seam after cleaning, don't use a cracked atty.

The guy already received a replacement unit and seems glad to see how we took care of him and the situation, I don't know if it's a member here... if it's the case I invite you to share your story here.

Very happy the conclusion came fast with everybody safe and happy, have fun now!
That is good news and is what I figured was likely the cause. These and e-cig devices all have built in safe guards for short or open circuit protection while the Carta and some mod-boxes have added protection to not function when it is too hot. I found the VM-2 atomizers great and very heavy duty.
Unless the atomizer has a manufacturing flaw either with a flawed crystal bucket not up to specs or its' assembly as the atomizer is pressed together leaving gaps that could allow alcohol to enter the internals of the atomizer and there some space internally where evaporating alcohol vapor could collect and when fired will explode as long as there is a trace of oxygen. I spent 25 years working as stationary engineer in recovery boiler, coal, natural gas, and bark burning boiler steam plants and seen every type of explosion and they all had 3 things needed, source of ignition, enough air(oxygen) and hydrocarbon gas buildup and these explode with tremendous force much like dynamite as the gas expands on ignition. The steel atomizer unlikely to give way, but the crystal bucket would be the weakest part and give way by shattering.

On to the VM-2. I like it, but has a few things I not a fan of. I have 3 Vista Minis and 3 Vista Mini-2s, but use only 2 of each leaving the 3rd ones for spares and battery replacement when the batteries die. I was one few who liked Vista Mini even though the ceramic atomizer was troublesome to keep clean especially with shatter or diamonds going only with crumble in the ceramic atomizer as the crumble left very little reclaim residue baked onto the surface of the bucket. I had a ritual of cleaning the bucket with dry qtip wipes then alcohol qtip and multiple high temp burnoffs to burnoff the remaining residue and sometimes doing the burnoffs on my mod-box to save VM battery life. The VM-2 atomizer solved all that as I run it in my VMs and works great with the only mod to slightly raise the metal atomizer cover to allow enough space between the atomizer and the cover to have enough airflow, not much more airflow is needed as both the VM and VM-2 the airflow is restricted by the small hole going down to the bubbler.

I ran into a problem with the VM-2 when I cleaned it and broke the bubbler upon reassembly tightening it to much as it was always kind of loose as compared to the VM. I now know that is the design as there is a collar on the VM-2 where it screws into the metal tube coming up from battery with the wires and contact for the atomizer and prevents tightening more. Spare bubblers aren't available in Canada yet so the fix as to install the bubbler off a VM along with metal part containing the metal downtube straw and the metal atomizer cover, I think I put another big white VM oring under the bubbler to make it snug. Worked ok until I got another VM-2 and its bubbler. The VM-2 glass bubbler has both good and bad it has thick glass except for the inner tube that isolates the metal tube coming up from the battery(the part that broke due to my negligence) is thin. The air seal at the top of the bubbler is the black band that holds the glass carb cap on so that band actually has two functions and a thing to watch out for as if that band isn't sitting on the glass you lose your air seal and the bubbler won't function. Onto the glass carb carp of the VM-2 works ok, but wasn't designed for carb cap air flow direction movement even though the work around is to rotate it off axis with a little force that is even easier if you raise the glass carb a bit on the black band being careful not to move the band off the glass which breaks the air seal for the bubbler. It actually works pretty good like that, but I'm never satisfied so I had to have a better fix for the carb cap that came from the Pulsar Rok and their accessary Extended collar where the carb cap sits and raises the carb cap above atomizer for more clearance for the carb cap and use of all kinds of ball carb caps works great fits perfectly needs one of the extra black bands to secure and seal it. I just picked up some silicone stretch and seal self fusing tape from Home Depot and going to try it for a better solution for attaching the Pulsar XL collar rather than the VM-2 black band.

I have my tedious ritual to clean the VM-2 atomizer, one or two swabs of dry qtips, then a swab of iso, then 3 drops of DC Cleaner(Dark Crystal) and qtip swab out then lowest temp burnoff to remove residual from the cleaning and it's like brand new.

Sorry for the long winded detail, but that's the way I work trying to answer the questions before they are asked.

ciau
Petetbay

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here the X-Vape official annoucement considering the issue mentionned in the post n°125 in this thread:

We at XvapeUSA were made aware of a situation after months of usage that have compromised one user's Vista Mini 2 experience. Within 24hrs, we spoke to the user and we have taken immediate steps to try and replicate this user experience with a dedicated team of leading engineering, industry professionals and end users. We are confident in saying that the user's experience is in no way indicative of how the product will perform based on all of our rigorous testing methods. We highly encourage all of our Vista Mini 2 users to carefully read the provided user manuals and also to visit our website for more information regarding safe use and practices. We want to thank you for being a part of our XVAPE family and we will continue to bring you the best quality products with your safety as our top priority. If you have any questions or inquiry, please visit us at www.xvapeusa.com for more details or you may leave us a message also.

Nice family pic @Petetbay you can open a dab-bar now,:clap:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been sent a few vapes by XVAPE to get to grips with so I can help anyone with questions/problems. I made the following video while taking my first dab with the unit,
I have now used the rig for a dozen battery charges or more since and found a 4mm ruby does wonders in helping get full even extraction as the carb cap does not spin (@Petetbay has some good ideas here). I have been using rosin dabs slightly larger than the ruby ball and get 2 to 3 inhales from it. I simply triple-click as I am almost finished my draw to turn off the unit rather than let it run for the 35-second sesh timer, rinse and repeat...no char this way, and an easy clean up with a dry q-tip followed by an iso q-tip. The Atty is similar to the Qomo just bigger as it has the flat ribbon heater strip embedded in the base of the quartz so is hopefully as resilient as the Qomo quartz (the pack comes with 2x Atty).
It is a small unit but in no way pocket-sized but comes in a really nice semi-hard travel pouch. I am not sure of how many dabs per charge as it has wireless charging so it is always topped up for me, I really do like this feature...the battery probably does not though.
I got 20 puffs and 1x 35-second burnoff sesh before the led flashed red to signal the charge is 20% or less.
I am still enjoying the unit as the little bubbler works/feels great and is simple to clean.
I also managed to char a little even on low...it was the 4th reheat of the same dab, I knew it was close to finished but reheated anyway. It worked out great as I now know I can burn it clean by running at max temp for a cycle so I do not have to worry about charring so much...nice.
It is about US$115 from Xvape (on sale),
Or about US$110 at Cream City Vapes at this time with code CCV25,
Or about EU108 at Grasscity,
So it can usually be found pretty cheap and is great value at a bit over 100 bucks in my book (I am sure there are even better deals about).
1661993378332-jpg.39638

1661262227751-jpg.39639

Reloaded after a burn clean, good for about 4 puffs on low,
1662012086187-jpg.39640

Any questions or tips are welcome. :tup:

Petetbay

Any questions or tips are welcome. :tup:
You should get them to send you the new versions of the coil I think there 3 different ones. I like the crystal Qomo coil in my Vista Mini fits better for cleaning. Use OG Mini bubbler on my Vista Mini 2, holds bit more water and the joint stays clear of water. I have 3 Mini 2’s and none of them will shut off when using wireless charging, have 2 OG Minis that do. I use 22mm e-juice vape tank glass with ball carb caps on all my Minis and Mini 2’s

I love these things, nice, cheap and trouble free. My OG Mini still going almost 4 years I think, it’s nearing it’s end of battery life.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My OG Mini still going almost 4 years I think, it’s nearing it’s end of battery life.
Are you going to attempt a battery change...nothing to lose?
Also, do you have a link to the bits needed to hack the carb cap?
You should get them to send you the new versions of the coil
My VM2 atty seems to just be a larger version of the quartz Qomo atty, it is described in the listing as,
a revolutionary AIO crystal quartz atomizer
Is that the Atty you are talking about @Petetbay
There only seems to be 4 options,

Last edited:

Petetbay

Are you going to attempt a battery change...nothing to lose?
No not worth the trouble, these things were so cheap. I have 2 OG Minis and 3 Mini 2’s in service, with 2 OG Minis still in the box using the bubblers on the Mini 2’s, bought on the cheap when the 2 came out and found 2’s at like $120CDN, still have another new Mini 2 in the box, nice that they come with 2 crystal coils, use them in the OG Minis and Qomo.
Also, do you have a link to the bits needed to hack the carb cap?
It’s ecig box mod straight tank glass the bulge tank glass doesn’t work good with the silicone bands I use use to attach. I started with straight tank glass from a Crown 5 I had, but almost any will work and there’s different heights and diameters, use on my Qomos as well. Attached with silicone tubing cut from the Arizer EQ Tuff bowl safety sleeve. Now I found that they have silicone band tank protectors work good and they are everywhere. I tried the Mini 2 black bands, but are too loose. I have a lot of ball carb caps that work Pulsar Rok Bubble carp cap and Core 1.0 carb cap is perfect and cheap.
Just some links for reference to see what I‘m talking about.

My VM2 atty seems to just be a larger version of the quartz Qomo atty, it is described in the listing as,
a revolutionary AIO crystal quartz atomizer
Is that the Atty you are talking about @Petetbay
There only seems to be 4 options,
The VM2 original quartz coil is nice, I was using on my Qomo as well as the OG Mini, great coil. They added 3 new ones ceramic, dual and quad quartz coils. I was hoping that this ceramic coil work be better at cleanup than the OG Mini and Qomo ceramic coils. I wanted to try the quad coil for OG hash as I’ve been trying these from the Rok and Yocan Evolve Plus XL, with some success, but usually get carried away and combust. The new VM2 coils aren’t available yet in Canada

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for all the info @Petetbay, I will pass on to my boss and see if we can get something better than the stock set up to do some directional airflow with a cap.
I actually just use a 4mm ruby ball and use gravity to spread the dab around with it...a slight gimble motion as I toke does the trick but a ball cap would be better for sure. :tup:
I was thinking I could bore a 14mm hole in the top of my VM2 cap with a diamond core drill ($4)and pop in my Peak Pro ball cap.
ballcap_0000_Layer-Comp-1_1024x1024.png

No not worth the trouble
I actually like tinkering and like to pull things apart to see how they tick...even if I can not put them back together. :haw:

Last edited:

Petetbay

I was thinking I could bore a 14mm hole in the top of my VM2 cap with a diamond core drill ($4)and pop in my Peak Pro ball cap.
Yeah, I have some cheap glass drilling bits off Amazon, tried once to drill out the OG glass cap, but it broke, will try again some time. Needs a rethink. If I could find a glass blower, they could probably mod the cap to a wider opening in a couple of minutes. :hmm:

Top Bottom