• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Vista Mini E-rig & Vista Mini 2 by X-Vape

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Cheap compared to what? The Peak sure doesn’t look like it’s worth $400.

I put the word cheap in quotation marks for a reason. I wasn't talking about price. I meant that, to me, it just looks a bit cheaply made, A.K.A. low-quality in materials/build/design at first look, from the pictures I was seeing.

A thing cal look "cheap", and still have a high price-tag.

Ramahs,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
We are thinking it’s a ceramic plate rather than a ceramic bucket? If so, what is the functional difference? After all, the Peak ceramic bucket simply sits on top of a ceramic plate atomizer...

Oil gets trapped in the crevices of the ceramic plate and usually find its way through the atomizer. The bucket prevents that and allows for easier maintenance.

florduh

A thing cal look "cheap", and still have a high price-tag.

I agree, and fully understood what you were saying. I think both the Peak and the Vista look cheap, and are overpriced. But one of them is REALLY overpriced.

Both employ simple wax pen technology. They are not "e-nails". The Temp Control they're giving you isn't any better than a box mod can give you. These products are just a bit easier to use. I think Xvape and Puffco are justified in charging a premium for convenience. But Puffco really ran with it price-wise.

I actually don't know that Xvape is gouging on the Vista Mini. $120 is pretty close to what a mod, bucket atty, bubbler, and batteries will cost you. That having been said, the Vista Mini looks like it's inferior to a good bucket atomizer used with a bubbler.

Hope I'm wrong and they made some late stage improvements though.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So...it’s a ceramic plate, sitting in a ceramic bucket

I'm sorry you took one for the team bro. I almost bought one pre-order, emailing a rep and everything. But when they couldn't show me the insert I was out.
oil directly on a ceramic heater was good 2 years ago in a $10 510 atomizer, but what in the world were they thinking on this one? They spent time on gimmicky wireless charging that I barely even care about on my iphone, and didn't put any research into what we care about, which is great flavor while getting the most out of our meds.

we want a device that mimics the enail and Liger on a rig that I have at home. WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER VAPE PEN. And while the Peak uses the same type heater, just a bigger ceramic plate, they added an insert making it an enail instead of a pen that the oil touches the heating element directly. The source nail, Peak, Switch, and even the Boost was closer to what we want than this. Hell, even the original Vista was better. This could have been the go-to concentrate device for everyone if they would have created a beefier heater and a quartz/ceramic insert for it. bummer, this is a step backwards IMO.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I'm sorry you took one for the team bro. I almost bought one pre-order, emailing a rep and everything. But when they couldn't show me the insert I was out.
oil directly on a ceramic heater was good 2 years ago in a $10 510 atomizer, but what in the world were they thinking on this one? They spent time on gimmicky wireless charging that I barely even care about on my iphone, and didn't put any research into what we care about, which is great flavor while getting the most out of our meds.

we want a device that mimics the enail and Liger on a rig that I have at home. WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER VAPE PEN. And while the Peak uses the same type heater, just a bigger ceramic plate, they added an insert making it an enail instead of a pen that the oil touches the heating element directly. The source nail, Peak, Switch, and even the Boost was closer to what we want than this. Hell, even the original Vista was better. This could have been the go-to concentrate device for everyone if they would have created a beefier heater and a quartz/ceramic insert for it. bummer, this is a step backwards IMO.
Yeah, they need to make it with an insert. No way to keep the chamber clean otherwise.

To its credit, the low temp setting is a nice low temperature

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah, they need to make it with an insert. No way to keep the chamber clean otherwise.

To its credit, the low temp setting is a nice low temperature

I'm glad the temps are dialed in good at least. Because it's not just cleaning. It's a lot more than that. The heat ramp-up time is so steep without an insert on those plates that you go from Cold, right through vapor production, to burning in seconds before the oil gets vaporized. It's why a DT 3.0 was good, but even with a good artic fox TC mod it didn't taste as good as the Peak, or even a Ti bucket Sai.
But yeah, that old oil trapped under the plate is what got my DT atty's tasting bad for sure.

ohmygodimsohigh

I'm glad the temps are dialed in good at least. Because it's not just cleaning. It's a lot more than that. The heat ramp-up time is so steep without an insert on those plates that you go from Cold, right through vapor production, to burning in seconds before the oil gets vaporized. It's why a DT 3.0 was good, but even with a good artic fox TC mod it didn't taste as good as the Peak, or even a Ti bucket Sai.
But yeah, that old oil trapped under the plate is what got my DT atty's tasting bad for sure.

I think you're spot on with the temp issue. I've fired through 4 dabs so far with the new atomizer.
It feels like they have some software based heat ramp up, but there's only so much it can do with the ol' plate'n'bucket.

I'll try to get a thermal of it tonight after these 4 dabs let go of my left body.

So far I'm OK with the performance.

I posted a couple of pictures of the old and new vista mini atomizers here:
https://420vapezone.com/first-look-xvape-vista-mini/

Well mine is defective. Pretty upset with Xvape. Oh well.

It doesn’t charge at all. It never worked once.

amilehigh303,
Yea the atty doesn’t heat. The light blinks but doesn’t stay lit when charging. I left it charging for like 5-6 hours, per the manual, and nothing.

Pretttty disappointed.

amilehigh303,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yea the atty doesn’t heat. The light blinks but doesn’t stay lit when charging. I left it charging for like 5-6 hours, per the manual, and nothing.

Pretttty disappointed.
I understand your disapointment but you can expect to get a replacement atty soon, isn't it?

Temperature presets are better than for the Vista but sadly the walls doesn't heat.

I noticed some goodies might be trapped between the wall and the plate, is it dismantable for cleaning? although I was able to Q-tip the "bowl" which is nice.

Carb cap is a gimmick and doesn't seal at all, it sits loosely at the point you can't handle the unit with carb cap on without to risk to break it, I hope they will improve that very soon.

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Package hit the door. First impression after unpackaging is that atomizer is gonna gunk up like hell on the edges and under the plate. I dont know if the unit goes red hot so you can do a burn off,maybe try to screw the atomizer on a regular 510 mod and fire it up red hot in wattage ? :)

Abysmal Vapor,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, cleaning seems to be the main issue with this atty. Q-tip works if you stick with cleaner extract like bho but it's quickly gunked after a few rosin dabs. Yes, maybe the higher level might provide a sort of self cleaning mode but your idea might be better... if you can fire it with a mod (i.e my Vixen atty seems to work only with the proprietary battery).

Bubbler is noisy and doesn't smooth a lot the vapor.

Atty is a plate surrounded with non-heated cône shapped wall although it doesn't seems to work as efficiently than its little sister, the Vixen Lux atty from the same manufacturer (a lip stick shapped vape pen which delivers thick &smooth vapor even with the shorter vaporpath I ever seen). But I enjoyed the taste on low setting despite vapor production is lacking.

For now, I put it on the shelf cause I only get rosin but I plan to process a lot of trim with my extraction tube and butane to avoid to gunk the Vista Mini atty too fast.

More to come...

ps: Is it possible to dismantle the atty cause some oil seems to be trapped between the wall and the plate?

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN Got access to EtOH 95%+ in France ? Have you tried winterizing your rosin ? I know it will rob some terps but it makes it good enough for carts, and i see it working fine with this atty.
How about trying the old Vista atty on the mini ?
I think the atty isnt easy to dismantle. It was sad that the unit came only with one atomizer.. so one cant experiment with various concentrates without fear of fucking it up.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: PPN

Abysmal Vapor

Made my plate white again. Did a burnoff on my mod at 30w ;). Works good,but it doesnt clean under it,but reduced the reclaim smell almost to zero.
Does everyone's unit has a hole at the bottom of the central glass tubes which allows water contact with the post and the silicone under it? WTF is the reasoning behind that...

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Have you tried winterizing your rosin ?
Never thought about that since it seems the main reason of rosin is to be solventless...
How about trying the old Vista atty on the mini ?
Good idea but I need to contact the friend new owner of the Vista , he's not far but actually buzzy and stressed cause it's harvest time (for info this is a fantastic year for outdoor weed this year around!)
It was sad that the unit came only with one atomizer..
I told that to my Topgreen contact.
Made my plate white again. Did a burnoff on my mod at 30w ;). Works good,but it doesnt clean under it,but reduced the reclaim smell almost to zero.
This is good to know
Does everyone's unit has a hole at the bottom of the central glass tubes which allows water contact with the post and the silicone under it? WTF is the reasoning behind that...
I have to check that... when I will empty the water but from here I don't see any issue...

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

Ok,i got this thing dialed with Rosin. I use only white temp and it delivers really nice hits. I notice that as atomizer gets dirty ,it performance starts to drop down. I dont feel like it is heating as strong as a clean one,maybe ,this is because oil gets on the leads beneath. I do burn offs every 5-6 dabs on my mod,sofar work good. Everytime i do a burnoff some trapped oil from undeneath starts climbing the walls,so i guess this can be considered a waste.
Sofar i am pleased with it. For sure it doesnt deliver quartz banger style hits,but it hits really smooth,closer to the low temp vaping herb experience. I dont have an actual e-nail to compare to.
It works awesome with CBD oil too,i vape it on green an it hits really smooth. I dont really dig the red tempetature. If you go there things start having a burnt taste and then i need to clean it up on my mod. But i guess someone might like going over the smokey edge ,or maybe ultra pure concentrates dont have that taste even at those temps ,i just dont know.
I feel like the temps white and green are adequate temps for vaping but this unit might benefit from more wattage. I am not talking going higher temps, just getting quicker to where it should be. I find myself having 3-4-5 cycles before i call a dab finished,and as someone noted ,it is like the chewing gum experience.. Great taste from the beggining and after a while it is just chewing on tasteless substance.
Edited: That hole i was seeing was just a air bubble. No such thing.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abysmal Vapor

Well.. This atomizer didnt last even 20 uses,lol.. Reason for the failure was caused by short of the donuts lead,which occured because it rotates when swabbed with a cotton bud. I think at least they could have made it Re-buildable like the divine tribes atty. (15-20$ ? ). Also a spare woudnt have rendered this unit useless now :).
Also there was like 1/3 of the oil i put trough it can be found under the donut ,on the leads,which is just a matter of time until enough builds up and fails on its own.
For what is worth,if they dont re-lease another atty for this unit with all the issues addressed.. I'd say that if i had paid the $119 ,i would not consider it low cost/cheap ,especially because this unit wont last long with the stock accessories provided.
The carb cab also wasnt great quality ,the top broke off while i was rotating it ,zero pressure or any force applied ..

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, @Abysmal Vapor , it doesn't last long for sure!

I made a cleaning cycle connected to a mod and was able to get the plate back to white, although atty remains very, very hot... did you think this is the reason of the prematured breakage of your atty if you did that a few times?

I will post my final review in a few days, at worst next week but it's not totally positive even if I appreciate the small size better than the big Big brother. I was hoping for a full t° controlled atty, with even heat from the bottom and the wall, no leakage so a whole ceramic/ti/quartz cup, a better, better designed carb cap and better filtration system for the bubbler.... is it so difficult to make...?

Abysmal Vapor

No.Those heaters are rated for red hot operation,no problem.. Be careful with the cotton swab, dont make repeatable circles ,or you will twist the leads of the donut below. The 510 insulator is cheapeast possible,it will melt or tear off in the ""not so long run"".I looks like it was crumbled even when i got it.you can safely remove it and inspect what is inside if you like without wrecking the atty,but i bet you will find a huge glob of degraded concentrate.
Btw the gauge of the leads is like 0.25 mm .. ,thinner then dental floss. They can hardly hold the donut in place. When there is residue on it,there is higher friction ,so it is not a rare scenario when rotating of the donut will occur if you are not careful.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom