The Vape Critic / Vapelife Forum - Retired

silverharbinger

It looks like he is now back to officially streaming again, and talking about making it a weekly thing for a while. Maybe he will also be getting back to doing reviews soon as well. From the stream if anything breaks the ice it might be talking about the terp torch.

Welcome Bud! :cool:

Alexis

It looks like he is now back to officially streaming again, and talking about making it a weekly thing for a while. Maybe he will also be getting back to doing reviews soon as well. From the stream if anything breaks the ice it might be talking about the terp torch.

Welcome Bud! :cool:
Hi. It already happened, just as you fortold (or rather, pro-told lol), you prphet haha.

Yes Bud is back and renewed. And YES, Terp Torch it was but plenty more on the way now I expect, more gradually perhaps for now.

I know Bud has his critics, but I like him a lot essentially, as a person. He only means well that is for sure.

He tackled some extreme mental difficulties this year- no shame there, I do myself.

Let's all just try to accept and support each other I say!

Alexis

I am so glad to see VC back in action. He was the one that inspired me to use vaporizers in 2012. Back then there was no 420 vapezone, SneakyPete, and Vapefiend. The vape critic was the only YouTuber that put high production effort into his videos.
And he also put out the very first, initial professional review of the OG Flowerpot, while it was virtually unknown at the time several years ago and this video in particular was definitely a catalyst in speeding up the interest in in the System as the thread here picked up pace.

silverharbinger

Hi. It already happened, just as you fortold (or rather, pro-told lol), you prphet haha.

Yes Bud is back and renewed. And YES, Terp Torch it was but plenty more on the way now I expect, more gradually perhaps for now.

I know Bud has his critics, but I like him a lot essentially, as a person. He only means well that is for sure.

He tackled some extreme mental difficulties this year- no shame there, I do myself.

Let's all just try to accept and support each other I say!
I don't know of any prophets. :lol:

Personally speaking I had no clue that the vape life forum had returned until I read it here right before I posted, but I happened to be on youtube when I saw that his leaving retirement stream had been going for over an hour. I was playing catch up when I decided to say something here because I know that in the past Bud does not leave his live streams up for long (maybe a week or usually much less before they get restricted or removed) and I wanted to give more people a chance to see it. It is still up on his channel at the time that I am writing this, so grab it while its hot folks (or maybe he is going to be doing things differently who knows?).

All I got from the terp torch part of it is that he just got one in, and he is still trying to figure out how to use it. IMO, he might have been a little too impaired for all of that seeing as he had a few preventable instances of knocking things over, but little gripes. I assume that at some point after he has had more time with it he will put up an edited/more professional review video which is what I have always liked the most from him by far. He is really good at making that type of content, maybe one of the best.

As has been said by many Vape Critic was the first vaporizer reviewer I ever knew of, and while I'm glad to see him back I can totally understand if others don't share my enthusiasm. I'm sure there have been some people he has rubbed the wrong way and maybe even wronged over his career and I'm just a viewer who has not had a deeper level of involvement with him than that. If that is the case I don't expect that those people will accept him, but I hope that he stays with us for a while (warts and all).

ginolicious

Are the streams recorded so we can watch not live? I haven’t seen this guy in so long. And I do miss it. I’m glad he’s good. Turly hope everything worked out for him. I know I had my struggles this past year. Especially with divorce haha.

DogBoy

know fear
...have not tried my G43...is he making them anymore/again...???....

...these days, I mostly use a $20 thermal sand filled banger and an Elev8r w/torch, although I still struggle with a DynaVap at times....

...I have a lot of trouble with those expensive screens...

...I have lost interest in all the contraptions and lost faith in Bud...I figger he will bail on his community again at some point...

...one sad thing I have learned in life is that if they did it once, they will do it again...LoL...

...I am glad he is OK but he apparently doesn't appreciate my viewpoints anyway...I am not so hard to be rid of...

...Godspeed, stalwarts...!!!... .!. :D .!.

Last edited:

Alexis

...these days, I mostly use a $20 thermal sand filled banger and an Elev8r w/torch, although I still struggle with a DynaVap at times....

...I have lost interest in all the contraptions and lost faith in Bud...I figger he will bail on his community again at some point...

...one sad thing I have learned in life is that if they did it once, they will do it again...LoL...

...I am glad he is OK but he apparently doesn't appreciate my viewpoints anyway...I am not so hard to be rid of...

I don't think Bud actually OWES anybody anything.

Using the word bailed is perhaps innaccurate by that logic.

Sure, suddenly terminating ongoing activity on the social support as well as vaporizing platform that VLF was, felt like a rug pulled from under feet for many.

He may well decide again to turn direction in life, retreat or retire. His choice entirely I say.

He is officially not making G43's now. But he has a number he can assemble, and is currently giving them all away. At least 20 in total I think.

Sometimes, everybody just needs a break, most of all this year too.

On the Dynavap, if you mean the CCD screens, DDave sells little gauze screens which fit the vapcap perfectly, open the airflow, and are significantly cheaper.

DogBoy

know fear
...thank you...!!!...any coupon codes...???... (grin)

...I don't think Bud owes us a thing, but I cannot help how I feel...

...I felt deserted and feel unwelcome there...seems simple enough...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

just want to say if you're not going to use that g43, might as well pay it forward in the classifieds here... :brow:

Shit Snacks

Have a hug and a nug you are a good @DogBoy .
🤗

Ha did you watch Close Enough on HBOmax??

Screenshot-20201031-110231.png

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

I have not kind of embarrassed to say I have no idea what a hbomax is either.
Montana is rather............rural.
😂

Haha it is at&t warner bros' streaming service, combines HBO with extra WB stuff like the adult animated comedy show Close Enough, produced by cartoon network from creator of Regular Show. If you have HBO subscription, you have HBOmax access too!

justcametomind

The whole logic behind influencers is flawed big time.
They don’t owe us anything BUT we feel like they do because they receive free stuff and make a living out of their status.
Users feel their influencer owe them an answer to their comment or post and this is time consuming. Quarreling online is time consuming. Once the influencer get bored of this logic.. Here comes the next one.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I never understood how an adult being can base a purchase solely on the opinion of one reviewer.

When I stumbled over Buds videos for the first time, I was a total noob and I think it was around that time when the MV1 was released. And yet I never had the feeling that this device is a must or anything. I do not understand how people can be angry at him about *their very own* decision. Even in the tiny niche world that cannabis vaporizing is, there are many ways to get different viewpoints from different people (unless you are greedy and have to have a device right away).

Reviewers, after all, are just persons with an opinion. They are able to share their opinion in an entertaining way, that's all. But reviews are not even in theory able to show every aspect of a device, especially when a device is new.

And even if not: one of my favourite reviewers is 420Vapezone and his overall favorite and most recommended device is the Mighty – and I never even looked at the Mighty. It doesn't matter, it's his opinion and I still find his content entertaining. That's why we should watch reviewers, to get as many viewpoints as possible (and be entertained), but not to outsource our responsibility for our decisions to put money on the table.

Alexis

I never understood how an adult being can base a purchase solely on the opinion of one reviewer.

When I stumbled over Buds videos for the first time, I was a total noob and I think it was around that time when the MV1 was released. And yet I never had the feeling that this device is a must or anything. I do not understand how people can be angry at him about *their very own* decision. Even in the tiny niche world that cannabis vaporizing is, there are many ways to get different viewpoints from different people (unless you are greedy and have to have a device right away).

Reviewers, after all, are just persons with an opinion. They are able to share their opinion in an entertaining way, that's all. But reviews are not even in theory able to show every aspect of a device, especially when a device is new.

And even if not: one of my favourite reviewers is 420Vapezone and his overall favorite and most recommended device is the Mighty – and I never even looked at the Mighty. It doesn't matter, it's his opinion and I still find his content entertaining. That's why we should watch reviewers, to get as many viewpoints as possible (and be entertained), but not to outsource our responsibility for our decisions to put money on the table.
Too right mate, and IMO it wasn't Bud who fucked up- it was Ghost!

Anybody looking for a scapegoat, look to Ghost.

I actually personally highly rated the MV1, and I don't think Bud was at any stage, disingenously or dishonestly playing it up.

I'm sure the considerable majority of MV1 owners do not regret their purchase, only the company "bailed" hence no further warranty or repairs for this dying out species, the MV1-o-Sauarus lol.

I will always speak up for Bud. He has a kind heart. He cares about people, and he gives so much in positive energy, advice and friendly support to all and any, without any prejudice.

He is just a very easy scapegoat simple as that.

If he doesn't feel at any point, it is conducive to his mental or physical well being, happiness in life, to keep up the financial running costs of his site and moderation, it's his free entitlement.

No official contract was ever erected with lifelong obligations to any single person. I think it is petty and lame when people slam him. He's done a lot for this whole community over time.

And at least he came back, after concertedly tackling very severe sudden onset depression earlier this year. Full credit to him for that. So I try to offer support, rather than whine about being left out in the cold, which is basically a delusion, however you look at it.

I'm more upset that Syd Barrett "bailed" on us last century. But I'm not reproaching him for it, for taking his rightly owed own course in life. Things just go the way they go. Advocate blame and reproach where it is genuinely due I say.

Sorry if I sound a bit cranky, I came genuinely close to dying this last week as a direct result, not of the "Pandemic", but the supposed "cure" extreme lockdown measures in the UK denying me vital treatment all year.

Many thousands of people have already died in the UK this year for the same exact reasons.

"Stay at home" they keep pumping out.

"Save the NHS! Protect lives!"

More like covert PR media and political operation to weaken and kill in actual reality, if only the masses being used as artillery could just stayrt waking up a bit, we would have a much better chance of slaying this Trojan Horse of a beast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom