• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Vape Critic / Vapelife Forum - Retired

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I haven't watched the threads on reddit about Buds current situation, but I'm sure it's a good idea to keep it that way, because the little I hear about what crap is spread there and elsewhere about him and his relationship with Ghost is enough to make me puke.

So yeah, he pushed the MV1 a little, but honestly: although I was a total noob when I stepped into the VC universe (which was about the time when the MV1 came out) I had no problem making up my own mind when watching his videos about the MV1. Or any other device he reviewed (and let's not forget: he reviewed a lot, the Ghost was not the only device he featured and raved about). I don't understand how anyone could make him responsible for purchasing a multihundred$$ device – who bases such a purchase solely on YT-reviews anyway?

In his latest / last video Bud mentioned that his credibility as a reviewer has been destroyed by this incident, and he is probably right. Because the reviewing business has become exactly that: a business – instead of sharing experiences within a very niche subculture. It's pretty obvious to me that it's actually us as a consumer who turn reviewing into such a toxic business.

To me Bud never lost his credibility at any point. I actually think he's the most unfiltered guy I have ever seen streaming on YouTube.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I always found him to be kind and direct, not bullshitting or blowing smoke, he is genuine. I only had a few direct interactions with him but that was what I came away with.

We agreed on many vapes, I took different positions on others, but knowing his preferences always helped "benchmark" his reviews and I would drink each in accordingly.

I think he was a bit haunted by ALL the people that would hunt him down to ask for advice on the BEST vape... that is part of the lack of education among consumers. Most of the folks that have enough experience come to realize, there is no one device that will trump them all; but there are many best vapes for different specific scenarios.

When people made a purchase they were not happy with, and they purchased based on his reviews, they trolled for years! Social media sucks, look at any comment section...

DogBoy

know fear
...yea, well, his reviews were what convinced me not to buy a Ghost...

...along with all the good points also it was quite clear from his reviews that it was over complicated, expensive, and had a lot that could go wrong that they were still "working" on...

ginolicious

...yea, well, his reviews were what convinced me not to buy a Ghost...

...along with all the good points also it was quite clear from his reviews that it was over complicated, expensive, and had a lot that could go wrong that they were still "working" on...

I agree. His review made me not buy one. I bought the haze square instead. Got fucked by haze before the people of ghost got fucked. But
I didn’t ever buy a ghost. Cause I knew after my incident with haze

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My ghost is pretty fuckin awesome. There are some strains/cures that it does not extract well with, but when paired right it provides one of the coolest and largest first draws of any portable... It also had many flaws, broken latches, fiddly carts, consistency issues, etc. BUT it really was a beast in certain scenarios and many continue to love it.

I'm new here to FC so I'm trying to figure everything out so pls have patience as I navigate through. Anyway I just want to say that I'm pretty disappointed about what happened at Vape forum, I really couldn't believe everything that went down? Quitting weed, selling off all his vapes, shutting down the forum?

Just gotta say that it was a nice place to go and learn and exchange ideas. I'm most likely going to stop by here now, because the community I once belonged to is now gone:cry:

virtualpurple

I really enjoyed @vcbud’s videos, they steered quite a few of my vape purchases, including the Davinci Ascent and the herbalizer. When he was selling a fair number of his vapes a few years back he cut me an incredible deal on the Supreme vaporizer. I also purchased a G43 and while it’s not the first I reach for (I prefer smaller doses) it is a great vape that I can’t wait to introduce other folks to when I’m able to indulge.

I will absolutely miss his detailed reviews. He’s a talented and articulate guy, there’s no credibility lost from my perspective at least. I’m sorry to hear that he’s feeling unsettled, but ultimately this will just be a bump in the road.

Will his YouTube channel remain? I would hate to lose all those great reviews.

@anthonybessette welcome aboard! I’m in Fairbanks, always happy to see someone (relatively) nearby on the forum!

Cl4ud3

Moderation did not seem to work, lots of attitude, trolling and griefing.

Moderation there was a thankless uphill struggle. I know @Baron23 and myself wanted stricter rules more like FC but there was little we could do, Bud wanted light moderation and that's what we did. The forum attracted a lot of trolls and it was hard to keep on top of it all with the rules we were given but we did what we could.

To everyone who contributed content, to those who just lurked, and those who helped either keep the forum going or just by helping members I want to say thank you.
For the trolls and the awkward people who kept breaking the rules goodbye, you're someone else's problem now :wave:

Sensory Leaf

Because the reviewing business has become exactly that: a business – instead of sharing experiences within a very niche subculture. It's pretty obvious to me that it's actually us as a consumer who turn reviewing into such a toxic business.

Care to elaborate?
Bud said in his video; (along the lines of) the amount ghost shafted him by, was significant enough, that he has to revise his living situation.

That is what turned his reviews into a business (acquiring a substantial part of one's living, from the promotion of ghosts products),and imo that's not on the consumers

With that said; I don't want to see anyone struggle, and I wish bud, and family all the best in whatever he does next

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I suspect that I know quite a bit more than you about what went on behind the curtain and I couldn't disagree with you more strongly.

I have no issue with that. Let's agree to disagree then.

Yeah, sure you do....I feel the sympathy. :rofl::rolleyes::lmao:

Well. I indeed wish him the best. He was my number one source for gear reviews when I started buying vapes. I am grateful for that. He squandered his credibility when it comes to me, but I still wish him the best. I am a Hippie in the end. One love.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
It is a sad day that VLF has become this moratorium of living death only until Bud gets rid of his innovatory I suspect. Spent a lot of time there the past year and I’m really sad it came to a end. @Baron23 @Cl4ud3 thank you for all the work you guys did there trying to keep it under control, you really did the best you could within the Purview of what Bud wanted.

Modnote: Post edited per member's request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Dog

Please delete.
That was uncalled for. Nothing I posted wasn’t common knowledge to anyone on VLF. These were just my general thoughts and feelings about it, i don’t pretend to have any insight into buds personal life or his decision making. But having witnessed these streams I’m sure it was a strain on both of them and my be another he’s walking away from all this to reinvest in his relationship with hazel which I think is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sorry, wasn't meant to be posted. But, still ... WOW! It may have been common knowledge on VLF, but I'm sure most FC members didn't know & as far as I'm concerned, it's internet courtesy not to post a private individual's private business/life on the net.

But having witnessed these streams I’m sure it was a strain on both of them and my be another he’s walking away from all this to reinvest in his relationship with hazel

Just conjecture on your part about what his personal strains are & why he might be walking away.

Last edited:
Summer,

Bad Dog

Sorry, wasn't meant to be posted. But, still ... WOW! It may have been common knowledge on VLF, but I'm sure most FC members didn't know & as far as I'm concerned, it's internet courtesy not to post a private individual's private business/life on the net.

Just conjecture on your part about what his personal strains are & why he might be walking away.
At least I have the decency not to insult someone directly to their face then just pretend it wasn’t on purpose.

Bad Dog,

Summer

Long Island, NY
At least I have the decency not to insult someone directly to their face then just pretend it wasn’t on purpose.

As I said it wasn't meant to be posted on the thread, hence why I deleted it. If you want to continue this, you're welcome to pm me. :nod:

Summer,
Reactions: Relaxed
Top Bottom