Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Ripstar

Just wanted to drop this here...

Will have to do more inspecting later, this is as far as I got with company over

B13-CBF17-6253-4-CCA-8-B02-9-E6-F1342928-A.jpg
fucking wow!! That glaze is truly something else. What is the glaze on the ball? Beautiful choice man!

FearAndLawyering

Haha scary times, please let us have only sweet vapbong dreams! :zzz:

Just to update here since you mentioned it, Daniel replied first thing in the morning their time, that they could refund me or make it again for the April batch! Not at all surprised by the great customer service for a quick and easy resolution, just more time for me to wait, but yeah easier to do when I still have my plum jelly bandit of course!

(Also floated another idea in my reply btw, so we'll see what @AoV Daniel & @Jaxel think about that... Again many thanks to you both for some phenomenal work! That is what makes this so sad, having this poor beautiful bandit that cannot fulfill its purpose)
you have any plans for the broken one? asking... for science

FearAndLawyering,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
fucking wow!! That glaze is truly something else. What is the glaze on the ball? Beautiful choice man!

The whole base glaze is wildfire, with black cobblestone over it, and you can see a little wildfire on the dude's neck... His head, is a pale yellow with some color speckles, but I'm not sure the name of that glaze as it has not been up on the site on its own... I will investigate!

you have any plans for the broken one? asking... for science

Haha it's a good question, so theoretically I don't see why it wouldn't work, if the ball bowl can make a good seal, because the tricky part is how do I get the heater ball to stand upright properly the way it is broken? Not sure about temperature safe stuff etc... So another option is like cut the cord (which would also be sad tough decision to make) in order to disconnect the heater ball, and then theoretically it is just a bubbler?? I mean it does not have a standard connection so I would have to mod something up probably with a Delta 3D silicone adapter, or the ball bowl could still connect to the bubbler fine, but then what would I connect to the opening of the ball bowl... I was contemplating, like could you connect a elev8r deskpod type thing somehow? Maybe even a Neo or torch vape? Hmm at the very least it is something to display or put flowers in perhaps lol

Ripstar

The whole base glaze is wildfire, with black cobblestone over it, and you can see a little wildfire on the dude's neck... His head, is a pale yellow with some color speckles, but I'm not sure the name of that glaze as it has not been up on the site on its own... I will investigate!
Those cobblestone glazes are pure eye candy(all editions are)! I didn't even notice the wildfire on the neck, it shows how crazy the kiln process can be depending on the glaze. Explains a lot about the difficulty of reproducing a broken piece.

Shit Snacks

Those cobblestone glazes are pure eye candy(all editions are)! I didn't even notice the wildfire on the neck, it shows how crazy the kiln process can be depending on the glaze. Explains a lot about the difficulty of reproducing a broken piece.

Well his neck was not glazed with black cobblestone over it like the rest of the wildfire body, that is why you see the plain wildfire there... And unfortunately I cannot find what the rest of the head must be (aside from the details) because this spiced banana is not quite right... could be something completely different or something they modified themselves!
Screenshot-20210209-155156.png

FearAndLawyering

Haha it's a good question, so theoretically I don't see why it wouldn't work, if the ball bowl can make a good seal, because the tricky part is how do I get the heater ball to stand upright properly the way it is broken? Not sure about temperature safe stuff etc... So another option is like cut the cord (which would also be sad tough decision to make) in order to disconnect the heater ball, and then theoretically it is just a bubbler?? I mean it does not have a standard connection so I would have to mod something up probably with a Delta 3D silicone adapter, or the ball bowl could still connect to the bubbler fine, but then what would I connect to the opening of the ball bowl... I was contemplating, like could you connect a elev8r deskpod type thing somehow? Maybe even a Neo or torch vape? Hmm at the very least it is something to display or put flowers in perhaps lol
jb weld the arm in place. it shouldn’t be part of the air path.
i’m curious to see what the heating element looks like though.

FearAndLawyering,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

jb weld the arm in place. it shouldn’t be part of the air path.
i’m curious to see what the heating element looks like though.

I don't know what that is, and I don't know it's safety or heat ratings etc, if it off gases it's going to stink up the room and airpath as a result because that area gets hot and who knows if it won't melt... not that simple and not likely secure... Anyway the heating element has been posted in here in videos, it's just kanthal wire around a ceramic tube.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
first things first:

98244-DE4-0-A35-4-B6-B-A0-FA-FAB652-C9-F34-A.jpg

655-E4280-09-C3-4442-B6-A3-60703-F8-B7812.jpg

I’ll update tomorrow but long story short I’m an asshole lol. Everybody left I got excited got past the whole “so you’re never gonna believe what I got” thing, rushed to try it out, combusted, that sucked, laid down, tried again, combusted, went to bed defeated...but now I’m back up on the couch waiting for it to warm back up because I really don’t wanna go to bed losing to this thing.

pretty sure I had the wrong voltage. Completely wrong voltage lol. Turned it on at 11.2 but I just turned it back on to 10.0 so we’ll see what it settles at.

this glaze is incredible btw lol...saw a couple comments on it as I scrolled quickly so thank you for those too.

notams

toke down Babylon
@BrianTL we're here with you man. For as long as it takes.

Well, actually about half an hour then I'm going to bed.

That cracked me up, "back up on the couch". Hope you're having success. You will get it dialed in quickly. I combusted like 5 times in the first 24 hours. Not once today. So... I'm 5 days in and my train don't stop at combustion junction no more. Btw... I settled in at 9.7

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Thank you! I personally dont know but it seems like @Shit Snacks helped you out with that, pretty sure hes the resident glaze expert. Helped me out a lot actually when I was trying to figure out what glazes I would be keeping an eye out for. Got some better pics of the ball and head (ayoo) below.

Gatdauuum Dude! I :love:LOVE :love: that orange lava glow!!!! Screw company, I'd walk out blowing clouds!!

Thanks man! I wanted to so bad but figured I should at least give the bandit the 1 on 1 attention it deserves... ended up rushing that later and it fought back :lol: But this really worked out because I had basically decided if the first drop in 2021 didn't have something I loved, I would do a custom with a color scheme very similar (if not identical) to this

@BrianTL we're here with you man. For as long as it takes.

Well, actually about half an hour then I'm going to bed.

That cracked me up, "back up on the couch". Hope you're having success. You will get it dialed in quickly. I combusted like 5 times in the first 24 hours. Not once today. So... I'm 5 days in and my train don't stop at combustion junction no more. Btw... I settled in at 9.7

Haha thanks for the support! I managed to get that 3rd attempt to vape without burning so that was a good thing. But yeah, I was laying in bed pissed at myself (and also way too fucked, I remembered why I like vaping so much better than combusting for sure - for what ever reason combustion just doesn't agree with me) - said I better get back out there and beat this bandit tonight.

3549-CA53-DDA0-48-CB-911-C-8-B090609-F4-BA.jpg

0-B5-C0048-CEE4-4373-9-EF3-C1-A219-AFE715.jpg

27-A23-CA4-B26-C-44-F8-AF3-A-F8-A2-BD7-B1-BB4.jpg

9-D253799-44-C4-442-E-BC93-663-AA9-BD1004.jpg

D8678018-6120-4-A5-A-B2-EA-E8-E61-E124594.jpg

Ok so I'm not the best picture taker first off and second off I think my lense had a smudge on it looking at these now, but oh well. These pics really dont do this guy justice, and I'm sure thats the same for everybody elses too. It looks and feels so much cooler than I ever would have expected, its hard to capture that in an image.

This little guy really is a work of art. I'm glad I grabbed it because I had been waffling for a while over what glaze I would want, if I should grab a classic edition, which was my plan until I saw the first cobble stone glazes, so that fucked me up because I had to think about black glaze, white glaze, underlying glaze, etc.

Long story short I decided to hold out for the drop that had been talked about in early 2021, if I saw something I loved I would grab it, but if not I didn't want to settle so I would do a custom, most likely a black cobblestone, over a few choices: Wildfire (score), Firecracker, Tree Frog, Caprice, Sassy Orange, or Kiwi. Basically I was liking for something bold underneath a black cobble, I thought it would be a cool effect. Wildire was actually my first choice to get a lava looking thing going. A couple weeks ago I saw a video of @Jaxel testing this guy and the other weed eat gang bandit, and I told myself if/when I see that go on the site, I'm getting it. It was exactly what I had in mind, save the little dude Hugo, wasn't sure how I felt about him but decided fuck it - I'll go for it.

Turns out I really like having Hugo up there. He's awesome and adds a different dimension to the bandit. Especially with the eye patch, really cool touch!

Again I think that its hard to capture these in a picture or describe with words, because I've looked at a ton of them and this truly surprised me. Everything about it, the appearance, handling it, texture, how it feels in your hands... probably sounds like I've been hitting it too much (which I havent today, yet) lol but yeah I could never have understood the attraction until actually getting one in my hands.

Anyway so my first night getting to know "Hugo" was less than stellar. My own fault though. After the in-laws left, I couldn't wait to give it a shot so I went and got the box - took it out got it set up filled it with water, testing a few different levels while its heat soaking. For whatever reason I had it in my head I needed to turn it on at 11.2v and let it settle. I think that settled in around 10.6v? After about 30-45 minutes. Got all excited, ready to go, loaded the little tray with some ground flower, and put enough in to basically the screen and go to the top of the little indent the screen sits in.

Hit one went well, had some good charring going on, so I thought for hit 2, I would do a shorter draw. Well, that combusted. I mean I had a cherry going in the ball and everything. It's been so long since I fully combusted like that I almost forgot what to do with burning ash lol. I was walking around my kitchen with a smoking ball in hand, pure panic. Got that cleaned up, went and laid down with the missus watching netflix waiting to see how I felt before making another attempt.

This just reminded me of why I love vaping so much more than combusting. Honestly combustion just doesn't agree with me. Something about it makes me feel pretty sick after only a couple of hits...I've always been very sensitive to the amount I could smoke. So if anything it was a nice reminder why I vape and how it makes me really appreciate MJ in a completely different and enjoyable way. Laying there the combustion high set in and I felt like complete shit. Eventually enough time had passed, she fell asleep, I started to feel better and thought I should make another attempt.

Most logical people at this point would probably double check their info, realizing the voltage was too high. Thick headed pollock I am, I couldn't be wrong about the voltage. I'm SURE I read somewhere like 11.2 - 11.5 starting voltage and let it settle. I have to be right about that. I must have loaded too much. Lets load one scoop in there not even enough to cover the screen fully.

I used all of my recently ground Gelato (I think thats what it was) in that first round, and was still feeling a little shitty from the smoke, so I went to grab my CBD just incase I combusted again I didnt want to get too fucked up. Turns out I was out of CBD also, so I had to grind something fresh. If I was going through the trouble of quietly retrieving my flower, grinder, tools, etc from around the bedroom without making too much noise, I sure as hell was going to grind something up that would be worth it. So I went for a new bag of Sour Sunset. Ground a little up and loaded a scoop.

Round 2, serious charring. Idk if I went to full on combustion or not, but probably a good smoldering and charring. Definitely got some smoke though. Didn't go for a second hit, tossed the scorched bud, and went back to bed defeated and disheartened. Went to brush my teeth again to get that nasty taste out and laid down waiting for the impending misery (I really forgot how much smoke doesn't agree with me) and it came soon enough. I felt like a bad of smashed assholes for a good while there. I had finally taken the time to check FC and look for some recent voltage recommendations and figured out I was running too hot for sure.

11:30 rolled around and I couldn't sleep, wasn't sure if it was because I felt like shit or because I was so mad at myself for striking out twice in a row. Went back out to the kitchen, plugged back in, dialed WAY down, ended up settling on 9.5 ish to be safe. I turned it on at 10.0 and that came down to 9.7 something, but I wanted to be extra cautious and reduced it again to 9.5. I couldnt go 3 back to back burns. Put another small scoop in, and finally had a successful vaporization. Took one hit and decided to call it there, didn't want to push it and ruin it with another combustion. Chilled on the couch for a bit and then went to bed.

So that's my story. Looking forward to figuring this thing out more between load size, draw speed (I think I was also going way too slow maybe), voltage, etc. Initial impressions are basically 10/10, so theres that, I just have to dial it in.

Shit Snacks

'Blue Caprice' ,thanks I love it. tbh I don't think I've seen one that I haven't liked or wouldn't want to own though
Quick 5/10 minute learning curve this afternoon before getting massive flavoured rips which hit hard!!

I seemed to have more success with med grind as opposed to buds

Oh wow nice, must be a different blend than the one they had before before, looks more like blue azure! I've seen blue caprice sample tiles that look like that though... Gorgeous!

@BrianTL my man I think your main problem was drawing too slow as I told you in private, but posting in public for others to see! Yes voltage is of course another part of it, mine is set high now to compensate for the cold winter air by the window, but also different extraction levels of course... The key is always to take short fast rips, if you go long and slow it is easy to get a hotspot, leading to a scorch or worse combustion if your voltage is on the high side... Probably cool to try low voltage and slow sip hits though!

Also @Ripstar I really cannot find that glaze anywhere, it is not quite spiced banana because it has the red and green speckles, also maybe it is not such a pale yellow and more of a chartreuse green?? Who knows!

Oh and @Vapefanatic is correct btw @FearAndLawyering they do indeed require the broken one sent back... It is UPS that requires, the package with broken item, in order to reimburse them (kind of silly, that they can't just go by the photo, wasting more time money and workers to ship again, but that's on UPS!) at least they can pick up from home and the return label will be provided!

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@BrianTL my man I think your main problem was drawing too slow as I told you in private, but posting in public for others to see! Yes voltage is of course another part of it, mine is set high now to compensate for the cold winter air by the window, but also different extraction levels of course... The key is always to take short fast rips, if you go long and slow it is easy to get a hotspot, leading to a scorch or worse combustion if your voltage is on the high side... Probably cool to try low voltage and slow sip hits though!

Yup you're probably right! I'll give it a shot after work today with shorter faster rips, I guess I'm just used to long and slow - honestly I dont rip any of my vapes "fast" nearly all of them I go slow. I suppose I was just relating it any of my vapes on a WPA, which again, all slow pulls... So thats new for me but def worth a shot.

So what are we getting for draw times? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Assuming short and fast.

Shit Snacks

Yup you're probably right! I'll give it a shot after work today with shorter faster rips, I guess I'm just used to long and slow - honestly I dont rip any of my vapes "fast" nearly all of them I go slow. I suppose I was just relating it any of my vapes on a WPA, which again, all slow pulls... So thats new for me but def worth a shot.

So what are we getting for draw times? 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Assuming short and fast.

Yes I am the same way with most of my other vapes as well, Tetra and TM tend to like quicker though as do the Bricks, but especially through water there is a game of getting the draw right, I know exactly what you're saying! However here with the vapbong since the entire heater is such large mass, with such wide open airflow, it is designed for quick rips through water, not the slow build we are used to with many portables (or logs) through water... So yeah just like an 8 second draw probably, and inhale deep directly into your lungs!

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yes I am the same way with most of my other vapes as well, Tetra and TM tend to like quicker though as so the bricks, but especially through water there is a game of getting the draw right, I know exactly what you're saying! However here with the vapbong since the entire heater is such large mass, it is designed for quick rips through water, not the slow build we are used to with many portables (or logs) through water... So yeah just like an 8 second draw probably, and inhale deep directly into your lungs!

Yeah I speed up a bit with the TM especially once the vapor gets going, same with my Runt, but that makes sense!

I'm feeling pretty confident for day 2 lol. I could really use a successful run after the day I've been having :lol:

Shit Snacks

You can get vapor in 2 or 3 seconds if you bump the heat up and want to rip it like a bong. I like a 4 second draw lately but with tictac sized chunks, not ground. I don't like grinding with the VB anymore.

Yes at really upper voltage, or using a really full bowl, more like an over full bowl lol that is the way to get by safely, super short rips!

Top Bottom