Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
My question to Vapbong owners is, how hot does the bowl/sphere get with normal use? Does it stay cool enough during use that it's not too hot to pick up with uncovered fingertips in order to clear the chamber?
I normally take 4 or 5 hits like vape exhale vape exhale and so on (using the carb hole so I touch the bowl after my last hit to put the bowl aside) after that the bowl is warm/hot like a fresh filled coffee mug you can keep it in your hand for a while but then you want to put it away.
Huh, you can def burn yourself on the heating sphere
Yes the heater gets really hot.

thunderstealer1337

yea especially if it was left on all day, which I wont be doing, this vvps spiked even more then my eds tnt, it was 11.4 set and idled down to 10.8ish by end of night, and today not touching the dial, turning it on - it jumps back to 11.8 (I use a smart plug). Also the smart plug tracks kwh usage so I can tell everyone how much its costing me to power up the vapbong per day/month :lol:

shopdognyc

Transferwise you can use your credit card with a nominal fee so no need for bank details at all.

Place the order on the site, make a transferwise account, send the amount needed in Euros with your order details, done.

SquirrelMaster

I used my infrared temp gun on the outside of the heater a few weeks back and I was getting at least 130°C/266°F in some spots. I'm pretty sure it was a little higher than that but I was the higher one apparently :lol:.

The only time I found the bowl was almost too hot to touch was when I was leaving it set in place for hours. After reading about possible corrosion concerns I started removing it after every hit and I place it directly on a laminate counter top with no issues.

@Ramahs It's an extra 20€ for a no carb option if you find a color listed that you like.

@shopdognyc We can't use TransferWise anymore, they disable payments to Art of Vapor. I used western union which didn't go through (still hasn't) as fast as my TransferWise payment months ago but the exchange rate was good and I didn't have fees (first time offer?). I like that they added credit card options but to be honest I'd rather pay Art of Vapor (and a few other vape companies) with a bank transfer as it saves them (and ultimately me) money and I know they're good to their customers. I see it as a win win for both parties.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thankfully this thread is not that long yet, so I'd highly recommend new owners skim through, or potential owners, because I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again. It is good though since we are getting more new owners in here, we'll get more opinions and perspective, however some questions in my opinion don't really need that... Remember there is also the search feature at the top, to look for specific keywords and members' posts etc. Anyway I'm going to answer some again because I hate myself: :rofl:

... but a couple of things concern me. Lack of versatility is one, with the FP I can use many different kinds of glass to change things up, keep thing interesting imo. I fear with the vapbong I would get tired of the straight tube experience and want something more. The fact that you can't see the vapor develop might concerns me in that I typically need the visual to know how big of a hit I am getting, is that a problem with the vapbong? Lastly the durability, seems like the ceramic vapbong would be easy to break, and then you are left with a working heater and no way to use it, is the company willing to replace if you send in your heater or something? Build a new one around your heater?

Is it worth owning one of these units in addition to the FP weed eater?

If you are afraid of getting bored, not being able to use different glass with it, and you also want to see your vapor fill up in said glass, then yeah this may not be for you... However durability of ceramic should actually be greater than most glass, it is very thick and glazes very strong, so if you do want something very different from your FP at least then it is worth getting it... they will feel different to you, so you will be mixing things up that way!

My question to Vapbong owners is, how hot does the bowl/sphere get with normal use? Does it stay cool enough during use that it's not too hot to pick up with uncovered fingertips in order to clear the chamber?

Yes absolutely it does not get hot at all, if you are taking it off to clear each hit, and leaving it off until you are ready to take your next hit, there is zero issue at all. If you put it on and wait and don't take your hit it will start to warm up, but it won't get too hot to the touch for a while, 5-10 minutes is no problem! and if it does get warm, only a part of the sphere will get warm first, so you can still hold it by the other part to empty the bowl right away etc.

... I then asked for an extra bowl for my Yardro Print, if it's at all possible? It'll be totally awesome if it is. Had to try my luck. I did spend more than 600 Euros in less than a week with them.

Nice, good for you and your friend, your Yadro was already made though, it did not ship yet? I'm not sure even if they have it, if they are able to make the sphere. Each sphere is matched up to each vapbong, so they need to be made at the time of building in order to fit properly... I am not sure it would ever be possible to make a second sphere for a unit that is already produced and glazed, in fact I don't think I have ever seen any unit they've ever made that came with two spheres... but I was thinking that could be a cool request for a future custom order at least!

yea especially if it was left on all day, which I wont be doing, this vvps spiked even more then my eds tnt, it was 11.4 set and idled down to 10.8ish by end of night, and today not touching the dial, turning it on - it jumps back to 11.8 (I use a smart plug). Also the smart plug tracks kwh usage so I can tell everyone how much its costing me to power up the vapbong per day/month :lol:

Okay so the VVPS did not spike up while it was on though, when it is turned on it tends to drop a bit, and then settle in and not change, unless you change it. However yes when you go to turn it on, it will be higher, for example: every time I turn mine on it is already at about 12.2, and that will drop all the way down to 11 something in 10-20 minutes... So I would not consider that spiking at all, in fact it is good to turn it on and have it be higher, so it can warm up faster for you. Yes the dial is rather sensitive and it is a bit of a bitch to get it on a specific setting, but when you understand how it drops and voltage a little, it is not that difficult to play around with and get it more precise. Being precise also is not so important to me since it's not temperature control regardless...

So I think every VB and vvps has a voltage that it tends to start at when you turn it on, then it drops down and settles in. You can still control it to any setting you want, but this is the pattern I've noticed... It would be cool to have a more precise power supply, with temp control and the works, but it really is not so necessary for an effective experience, though it really could enhance it someday! I know they did say they were working on their own special made power supplies along with the new website, so hopefully we will see them in the new year!!

SquirrelMaster

Thankfully this thread is not that long yet, so I'd highly recommend new owners skim through, or potential owners, because I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again. It is good though since we are getting more new owners in here, we'll get more opinions and perspective, however some questions in my opinion don't really need that... Remember there is also the search feature at the top, to look for specific keywords and members' posts etc. Anyway I'm going to answer some again because I hate myself: :rofl:

If you are afraid of getting bored, not being able to use different glass with it, and you also want to see your vapor fill up in said glass, then yeah this may not be for you... However durability of ceramic should actually be greater than most glass, it is very thick and glazes very strong, so if you do want something very different from your FP at least then it is worth getting it... they will feel different to you, so you will be mixing things up that way!

Yes absolutely it does not get hot at all, if you are taking it off to clear each hit, and leaving it off until you are ready to take your next hit, there is zero issue at all. If you put it on and wait and don't take your hit it will start to warm up, but it won't get too hot to the touch for a while, 5-10 minutes is no problem! and if it does get warm, only a part of the sphere will get warm first, so you can still hold it by the other part to empty the bowl right away etc.

Nice, good for you and your friend, your Yadro was already made though, it did not ship yet? I'm not sure even if they have it, if they are able to make the sphere. Each sphere is matched up to each vapbong, so they need to be made at the time of building in order to fit properly... I am not sure it would ever be possible to make a second sphere for a unit that is already produced and glazed, in fact I don't think I have ever seen any unit they've ever made that came with two spheres... but I was thinking that could be a cool request for a future custom order at least!

Okay so the VVPS did not spike up while it was on though, when it is turned on it tends to drop a bit, and then settle in and not change, unless you change it. However yes when you go to turn it on, it will be higher, for example: every time I turn mine on it is already at about 12.2, and that will drop all the way down to 11 something in 10-20 minutes... So I would not consider that spiking at all, in fact it is good to turn it on and have it be higher, so it can warm up faster for you. Yes the dial is rather sensitive and it is a bit of a bitch to get it on a specific setting, but when you understand how it drops and voltage a little, it is not that difficult to play around with and get it more precise. Being precise also is not so important to me since it's not temperature control regardless...

So I think every VB and vvps has a voltage that it tends to start at when you turn it on, then it drops down and settles in. You can still control it to any setting you want, but this is the pattern I've noticed... It would be cool to have a more precise power supply, with temp control and the works, but it really is not so necessary for an effective experience, though it really could enhance it someday! I know they did say they were working on their own special made power supplies along with the new website, so hopefully we will see them in the new year!!

I really wish there was some way we could sticky useful information or links to useful posts in a respective thread but yeah sometimes I do the same and post even though it's been answered before. In my defence I love FuckCombustion and sometimes I look for an excuse to be here :rofl: .

thunderstealer1337

almost 2nd time now, where im blitzed and playing with the deathstar bowl in my hands and then look down only to realize I spilt the bowl all over myself

and I thought I was getting good efficient extraction from my other vapes using .15, but this thing doubles the vape output, its insane

Last edited:

Ripstar

😂Thankfully this thread is not that long yet, so I'd highly recommend new owners skim through, or potential owners, because I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again. It is good though since we are getting more new owners in here, we'll get more opinions and perspective, however some questions in my opinion don't really need that... Remember there is also the search feature at the top, to look for specific keywords and members' posts etc. Anyway I'm going to answer some again because I hate myself: :rofl:

:rofl:

maybe if you weren't so good at explaining everything! ha:rofl:
I really wish there was some way we could sticky useful information or links to useful posts in a respective thread but yeah sometimes I do the same and post even though it's been answered before. In my defence I love FuckCombustion and sometimes I look for an excuse to be here :rofl: .
same😂

Shit Snacks

In my defence I love FuckCombustion and sometimes I look for an excuse to be here :rofl: .
:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Might hate myself, but do love FC! :lol:

Speaking of, I just got some super fantastic tools from @RogueGuy RogueWaxWorks on reddit, who is having a sale on etsy right now too btw... I am going to post more in other threads, but a main reason I got so many is for my vapbongs so sharing here first!

Check out how perfect this purple galaxy handle matches my plum jelly bandit:

PXL-20201128-013105809.jpg

It also might be my favorite tip of those I got below, for vapbong use: perfect to stir and flip the bowl between hits, then scrape n scoop to empty after a session... But the tip of the aqua blue n black one is also pretty great for our VB's, and I find the curved spade tip to be very nice with mine too... Honestly, many others could be great!!

Screenshot-20201122-213848-2.png

You can also message him for custom orders, if you want a specific tip and a specific handle, he has a lot more variety than what is listed in the store right now...

Last edited:

Ripstar

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Might hate myself, but do love FC! :lol:

Speaking of, I just got some super fantastic tools from @RogueGuy RogueWaxWorks on reddit, who is having a sale on etsy right now too btw... I am going to post more in other threads, but a main reason I got so many is for my vapbongs so sharing here first!

Check out how perfect this purple galaxy handle matches my plum jelly bandit:

PXL-20201128-013105809.jpg

It also might be my favorite tip of those I got below, for vapbong use: perfect to stir and flip the bowl between hits, then scrape n scoop to empty after a session... But the tip of the aqua blue n black one is also pretty great for our VB's, and I find the curved spade tip to be very nice with mine too... Honestly, many others could be great!!

Screenshot-20201122-213848-2.png

You can also message him for custom orders, if you want a specific tip and a specific handle, he has a lot more variety than what is listed in the store right now...
oh boy dunk GIF

thunderstealer1337

Yup I have 3 custom enroute from him and just ordered 2 more from his Etsy shop. I didn't even know he had a Etsy shop, my first purchase was through entx, and coordinating the custom style was.....interesting, this handle from 1 pic, colors from 2nd pic and actual tool from 3rd pic lol, that's fooqn awesome he was able to match the purple

Vapefanatic

I should be getting the Yardro on Tuesday. I get what you mean. I read your explanation on this before. But felt it was worth a try to ask? Maybe the Doc and Jaxel duo is just that good?

But I got you loud and clear. Its most likely not possible. I might also have annoyed them too much yesterday by requesting too much. First for a discount (which I decided against later), then for a bowl. No replies for almost 12 hours, compared to the minutes for my first order. I must have really annoyed Daniel lol. Or, it's just the weekend.

I'm highly medicated most of the time. Hope thats a good enough excuse for my annoyance. Someone who speaks German please put in a good word for me lol

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
I must have really annoyed Daniel lol. Or, it's just the weekend.
I think it's just weekend after a very hectic week with all that orders in their shop.

The Voltage settling while the Vapbong heats up is because the resistance of the heating wire changes with temperature.
That's just ohms law.
I use that as indicator to see the heating process, when it is heated up to temp. I set yesterday I have the same Voltage as yesterday.
Once you found the Voltage you like leave the dial untouched and use the plug or a smart plug to switch it on/off.

Shit Snacks

Yup I have 3 custom enroute from him and just ordered 2 more from his Etsy shop. I didn't even know he had a Etsy shop, my first purchase was through entx, and coordinating the custom style was.....interesting, this handle from 1 pic, colors from 2nd pic and actual tool from 3rd pic lol, that's fooqn awesome he was able to match the purple

Haha yeah, I had him send me photos of pretty much every purple handle he had! I already knew about the Galaxy though bc there was one on Etsy at the time last weekend. So one was custom, three from Reddit drop, and one from Etsy... He was beyond patient, I'd say downright indulgent lol He even included a couple smaller tools free, and everything was packed up very well, you will see!! Good chance I buy more lol

I should be getting the Yardro on Tuesday. I get what you mean. I read your explanation on this before. But felt it was worth a try to ask? Maybe the Doc and Jaxel duo is just that good?

But I got you loud and clear. Its most likely not possible. I might also have annoyed them too much yesterday by requesting too much. First for a discount (which I decided against later), then for a bowl. No replies for almost 12 hours, compared to the minutes for my first order. I must have really annoyed Daniel lol. Or, it's just the weekend.

I'm highly medicated most of the time. Hope thats a good enough excuse for my annoyance. Someone who speaks German please put in a good word for me lolI

:lmao: :mental: :tinfoil: Yeah dude, maybe you need to chill out a bit... Try not to take too much advantage of the great hands-on customer service and remember it's still just one guy responding! I get the idea if you can ask anything, what's the harm in asking, they can always say no, but you don't need to hassle them or go over the top with the asks lol :chill:

And yeah I'm telling you that about the ball bowl sphere, because I'm pretty sure someone else in this thread had already asked it in the past and posted here earlier... And logically if your Yadro is en route and going to arrive soon, yeah I'm 99% sure it's impossible! :lol::cool::peace:

The Voltage settling while the Vapbong heats up is because the resistance of the heating wire changes with temperature.
That's just ohms law.
I use that as indicator to see the heating process, when it is heated up to temp. I set yesterday I have the same Voltage as yesterday.
Once you found the Voltage you like leave the dial untouched and use the plug or a smart plug to switch it on/off.

Yeah thank you, I was trying to say that but didn't really know how! So I just flip on my surge protector, or before it would be plugging unplugging the power supply, and it says 12.3, that quickly drops to 11.9, and after 30 minutes it is at 11.3 though I will then get it down to, 10.3 or 10.5 or it really seems to like 10.7 a lot lol for upper temps I will take it to 10.9 or even 11 or 11.1 but rarely 11.3 ... And as I was writing this it just dropped to 11.2 on its own pre use haha

edit: and now it is 11.1! All right might as well hit it first without adjusting then...

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

:lmao: :mental: :tinfoil: Yeah dude, maybe you need to chill out a bit... Try not to take too much advantage of the great hands-on customer service and remember it's still just one guy responding! I get the idea if you can ask anything, what's the harm in asking, they can always say no, but you don't need to hassle them or go over the top with the asks lol :chill:

And yeah I'm telling you that about the ball bowl sphere, because I'm pretty sure someone else in this thread had already asked it in the past and posted here earlier... And logically if your Yadro is en route and going to arrive soon, yeah I'm 99% sure it's impossible! :lol::cool::peace:
LOL. Cmon now. I've already admitted to my annoyance and already feel rather embarrassed about it. I do need to emphasize though, that I've never intended to take advantage of anyone. My programming will not allow that lol. I've been taken advantage of many times though but i much prefer that. I sleep excellent at night lol.

I'd also rather not be described as over the top or hassling, as I had only sent two emails. One before and another after my order. Definitely less than 30 minutes apart. I was highly medicated and I'm sure we all can understand and have been in numerous stoner moments ourselves. I'd send an email afterwards regardless to confirm my notes on the order. So it's just really one extra email.

I do apologize for already knowing it's close to impossible to make an extra bowl but still asking anyways. To be fair, I know nothing about ceramics and the team didn't really chime in to confirm.

Surely I'm not the monster you make me out to be? :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding buddy! You know I love ya to bits!

Shit Snacks

So I just flip on my surge protector, or before it would be plugging unplugging the power supply, and it says 12.3, that quickly drops to 11.9, and after 30 minutes it is at 11.3 though I will then get it down to, 10.3 or 10.5 or it really seems to like 10.7 a lot lol for upper temps I will take it to 10.9 or even 11 or 11.1 but rarely 11.3 ... And as I was writing this it just dropped to 11.2 on its own pre use haha

edit: and now it is 11.1! All right might as well hit it first without adjusting then...

After a few hits it dropped down to 11, yeah I think maybe I won't touch it till I turn it off tonight, see how low it goes on its own!
Edit: now it went to 10.9 before I even had my next hit, nice balanced heavy setting!

Edit again for finished bowl of strawberry bliss, I did add a little more green to the bowl near the end, a fun thing to do with my pure convection vapes for better flavor and fuller vapor at the end... Settled in at 10.9 alright!

PXL-20201129-042029039.jpg

LOL. Cmon now. I've already admitted to my annoyance and already feel rather embarrassed about it. I do need to emphasize though, that I've never intended to take advantage of anyone. My programming will not allow that lol. I've been taken advantage of many times though but i much prefer that. I sleep excellent at night lol.

I'd also rather not be described as over the top or hassling, as I had only sent two emails. One before and another after my order. Definitely less than 30 minutes apart. I was highly medicated and I'm sure we all can understand and have been in numerous stoner moments ourselves. I'd send an email afterwards regardless to confirm my notes on the order. So it's just really one extra email.

I do apologize for already knowing it's close to impossible to make an extra bowl but still asking anyways. To be fair, I know nothing about ceramics and the team didn't really chime in to confirm.

Surely I'm not the monster you make me out to be? :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding buddy! You know I love ya to bits!

Haha you're good, I tried to speak more broadly, I clearly don't know the specific situation myself!! ;) Also I promise you we've all been there! And also high lol

Last edited:

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Things I use with my Vapbong.

My Magnetic power supply easy to reach for adjustments and away from my carpet.Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-11-29 13-06-29.png

To prevent more scratches then my table already has and to avoid a scraping noise when you pull the Vapbong closer to you a Amsterdam Coffeeshop Beermat. (No my Vapbong is not laeking or has any condens water underneath it since I own it.)
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-11-29 13-08-44.png

Thats where my Bowl lives when it has no work to do my old Coconut Bowl from my combustion time for mixing hash and tobacco.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-11-29 13-04-26.png

For stirring and braking the Weed up in the Bowl the Hook on the lower end fits perfekt for me.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-11-29 13-01-45.png

Cleaned the VapBong for the first time today - I think the maintenance routine should be pretty easy with this vape!

I cleaned the downstem with an iso wipe. Poured a little iso into the bong and gave it a gentle swish before rinsing with water. I used a bottle brush dunked in iso (followed by water) to clean the neck and inside the chamber. The bowl was dunked in iso and thoroughly rinsed. The 3/4" replacement screens I picked up fit perfectly!

That's pretty much it. You need to be mindful of the cord/heater while cleaning of course, but you could always cover the heater in plastic wrap as an extra precaution. My unit wasn't very dirty after 10 days of daily use, and I'll probably go longer between cleanings moving forward. I change the water daily.

Anyone else have some good cleaning tips?

Top Bottom