The Toad from Morwood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks! I assume it was custom/you emailed? Was checking the site and didn't see a specific category that would fit.

Yes there are no aftermarket morwood stems readily available, they are all custom-made, most any of the glass workers should be able to do that, with the measurements as said before :tup:

fangorn

Thanks for bringing up the topic again guys!
I finally decided to write to Andrew from High Artisan.
I just spoke with him for two stems.
I will have news in a few weeks! Very happy and looking forward to discovering the performance of these stems!
I wanted a flatter tip, duckbill style, since I got my Toad.
It might make the draw restriction smoother...

Duba

Accessory Maker
Couple of beauties from High Artisian!

Yeah, he really nailed it with these! Gonna have to be xtra careful with um. I've got a bad habit of dropping glass stems. Up to now fairly inexpensive ones I've shattered. So these are my most valuable and will have to handle with care!
Both are lovely. Can't resist to share mine again. I like to use it with the low heater for full flavor and terpy hits

RxPlorer

Almost 2 weeks since Dan asked for Batch 8 shipping details. Has anyone received tracking yet?

RxPlorer,
Reactions: jds

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Catching up on the thread and can't believe we are seeing these latest Batch 10's! Fucking gorgeous!
Congrats to all those that have landed a TOAD!

I was extremely fortunate to be in the first Batch, and it had me curious, are there any notable changes from Batch 1 to Batch 10, either in production or components [like heaters]?

I continue to use mine as a daily driver and just love it! I tend to favor full extraction with the high heater.

fangorn

@FlyingLow

Unless I'm mistaken, Dan didn't tell us about improvement. He probably improved his tools or details in production...

the heaters are the same as for batch 1.

The latest changes are that he introduced more "exotic" woods (versus pear wood bodies).

And regarding the heaters, I'm using my high heater a little more at the moment. Well, I like it more and more. The taste deteriorates faster than low heating, but getting a fuller extraction with "less effort" is nice!

fangorn

well...a new batch is ready to ship soon...who's waiting for an amazing Christmas present?? who is the lucky one to have got their hands on the "toad of the wood"?!

I doubt the Toads will land on time to meet up under the tree... but it will make a nice gift to celebrate the end of the year, enjoy the holidays... or to start 2024 in the best possible way 😁

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
well I'm waiting for this one 😍
I put my name in the hat for the lottery... just to see... and voila!

Great score! So you have two now? Man, you are so lucky!! I would be over the moon with just one...

But when was the last lottery? I didn't get an email about that and i have been on the list for quite a while. Always enter the lotteries because they offer a (slim) chance to get one a bit earlier. I'll be so bummed if i missed the last lottery and really hope i am still on the list since i didn't get any email recently... :huh:

Jojofernz

Great score! So you have two now? Man, you are so lucky!! I would be over the moon with just one...

But when was the last lottery? I didn't get an email about that and i have been on the list for quite a while. Always enter the lotteries because they offer a (slim) chance to get one a bit earlier. I'll be so bummed if i missed the last lottery and really hope i am still on the list since i didn't get any email recently... :huh:
November 2nd when I got an email about a lottery but neither those look to be part of that lottery so I dunno looks like there was another? I didn’t receive email about any other than that one

fangorn

Hi @666Honeybadger
Thanks !

I will see how it is used... if there is one that I never use... I will put it back on sale in a while...

not yet received...I'm enjoying the anticipation...

I didn't take the time to search my emails, but it was a draw from several months ago... last June or July I would say!

coolbreeze

Toad shipped, what do I do with my hands?!
d40326c1d4308eab1a4731de3f5b6744.gif

Skulltree

So, this is my first unregulated device (coming from a well loved Mighty), and I have noticed that when I load the high heater and fresh battery, if I press the button longer than say 10 seconds, I notice that there are some off smelling fumes that come up from the heater, almost like melted plastic or glue? I'm assuming this is user error, but if not has anyone else noticed this? Part of me wonders if it is kind of like when I got the Mighty, I think there was a recommendation that you crank the heat to max and let it burn off any residual machine oil or whatever...so is that maybe what is going on here?

Skulltree,

fangorn

So, this is my first unregulated device (coming from a well loved Mighty), and I have noticed that when I load the high heater and fresh battery, if I press the button longer than say 10 seconds, I notice that there are some off smelling fumes that come up from the heater, almost like melted plastic or glue? I'm assuming this is user error, but if not has anyone else noticed this? Part of me wonders if it is kind of like when I got the Mighty, I think there was a recommendation that you crank the heat to max and let it burn off any residual machine oil or whatever...so is that maybe what is going on here?
I don't know if I understood correctly what you are doing... but...
you should not preheat the heater for that long!
8 seconds is the recommended maximum....
once you start inhaling, you can hold down as long as you want.

Skulltree

I don't know if I understood correctly what you are doing... but...
you should not preheat the heater for that long!
8 seconds is the recommended maximum....
once you start inhaling, you can hold down as long as you want.
Ah, okay thank you. I'm still getting the hang of it and yes, this was me just pressing the button and not inhaling, but was noticing some smoke rising from the heater (empty chamber with no flower or stem inserted). I've only done it a couple of times because I'm just getting the feel of the device, but I'll remember that in the future. Thanks for the quick reply!

fangorn

and with the high heat, you shouldn't have to preheat that long!
try 4 or 5 seconds to start

more than 8 seconds can damage the heater... if you have done this operation several times, maybe everything is fine, but maybe not...
Do you want to share a photo with us?

Skulltree

and with the high heat, you shouldn't have to preheat that long!
try 4 or 5 seconds to start

more than 8 seconds can damage the heater... if you have done this operation several times, maybe everything is fine, but maybe not...
Do you want to share a photo with us?
It was just twice, but I stopped immediately once I noticed a tinge of smoke coming from the heater. I've since taken it apart and everything passes a visual inspection, nothing melted, no burn marks on anything. I'm recharging the batteries now, but I'll give it another go soon and report back.

Skulltree,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

cool ! happy for you !

in this case, first try to preheat for 4 seconds, then slowly suck in while holding the button pressed.

you will see if you want to preheat more, or less, the first shot of your next session.
for your second draw, I advise you to try 4 seconds of preheating again, because your first draw will have preheated the load... (I'm not sure I'm being very clear, sorry!)

Dan must have sent you a link to a tutorial normally... he's much clearer than me 😁

Top Bottom