The Toad from Morwood

Duba

Accessory Maker
I'd strongly recommend the timing schedule offered by Dan. Just email him.
From memory with the high heater you are looking at a three second warm up, then a slightly faster draw depending on you're material and the grind of the same
The Toad is my first unregulated vape so trying to get around that curve!
Maybe by the end of the day and an 1/8th or so and I'll have it down!🤪

Take a look here :

Duba

Accessory Maker
I had an "exceptional"(in the sense of "exception" ) adventure with my Toad69 that I must tell you about :
I had a finishing problem with my Toad because the final coat of varnish started to come off quickly. I think this is very rare and it happened to me...:\
So I contacted Dan, who at first thought he'd forgotten to do the final sanding before sending it to me. I tried to do it myself on his advice, but to no avail. So I sent it back to him (a difficult thing to do).
Turns out he'd tried a new technique on mine, which didn't work out too well. As a result, he redid the shell, which had the effect of changing the appearance of my device. It came back darker, deeper, which I'm not at all unhappy about!

What's more, as compensation for the inconvenience caused, he made the back piece in blackwood, matching the stem to give it a unique stylee. It's the only Toad to date with a blackwood back, and I'm very happy with it. :D
Dan was great throughout the whole process, and in the end I'm very happy with my refurbished Toasd69.😂

I made it a matching leather case with the Dan logo stamped on it (using the wooden tool supplied with the Toad). 😊

Performance-wise, I first used the low heater, which I really liked, but being more of a high-temperature user, I soon installed the high heater, which I find harder to use without combustion.
In the end, I use the low heater more because the draught is more in line with my other vapes, so the technique is better mastered.

Falconflys

I had an "exceptional"(in the sense of "exception" ) adventure with my Toad69 that I must tell you about :
I had a finishing problem with my Toad because the final coat of varnish started to come off quickly. I think this is very rare and it happened to me...:\
So I contacted Dan, who at first thought he'd forgotten to do the final sanding before sending it to me. I tried to do it myself on his advice, but to no avail. So I sent it back to him (a difficult thing to do).
Turns out he'd tried a new technique on mine, which didn't work out too well. As a result, he redid the shell, which had the effect of changing the appearance of my device. It came back darker, deeper, which I'm not at all unhappy about!

What's more, as compensation for the inconvenience caused, he made the back piece in blackwood, matching the stem to give it a unique stylee. It's the only Toad to date with a blackwood back, and I'm very happy with it. :D
Dan was great throughout the whole process, and in the end I'm very happy with my refurbished Toasd69.😂

I made it a matching leather case with the Dan logo stamped on it (using the wooden tool supplied with the Toad). 😊

Performance-wise, I first used the low heater, which I really liked, but being more of a high-temperature user, I soon installed the high heater, which I find harder to use without combustion.
In the end, I use the low heater more because the draught is more in line with my other vapes, so the technique is better mastered.
That is a beautiful set! Stunning toad!

Duba

Accessory Maker
That is a beautiful set! Stunning toad!
I agree:)
And above all, because that's what's important (otherwise the pretty device stays in the window), it works like a charm, it's both tasty and produces damn big clouds. Once you've mastered the learning curve, it's really easy to use and very intuitive.

My only drawback is that the stem's grids get dirty very quickly, and daily maintenance is necessary when it's used a lot.

passenger

is this thing on?
I only use the high heater as well. I never combusted with it. It is important to not fill the stem up to the rim, better to leave a space of around 2mm. My unit has seen regular use in the open and after a year it still looks near day one. The shell has absolutely no wear down. It's a simple yet marvelous constructed device and has one of my favorite vape signatures. For me it is the perfect portable and of course they all look fantastic.

fangorn

I only use the high heater as well. I never combusted with it. It is important to not fill the stem up to the rim, better to leave a space of around 2mm. My unit has seen regular use in the open and after a year it still looks near day one. The shell has absolutely no wear down. It's a simple yet marvelous constructed device and has one of my favorite vape signatures. For me it is the perfect portable and of course they all look fantastic.

it's funny, with the heating low, my impression is the opposite: it is better to fill the stem to the edge to obtain the best possible extraction.
when the load is further away, it requires a little more effort!

TheDynaVaporer

Derp for terps
High heater for me. I pack the bowl using the straw technique, which I find doesn’t over pack or pack too tightly. Usually a 5-6sec preheat and a semi fast (3x faster than Arizer) pull for about 10sec. Pretty much fully extracted.

The Toad is pretty much my end all device at this point. Above is exactly what I wanted to achieve - amazing taste and to be fully extracted.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
High heater for me. I pack the bowl using the straw technique, which I find doesn’t over pack or pack too tightly. Usually a 5-6sec preheat and a semi fast (3x faster than Arizer) pull for about 10sec. Pretty much fully extracted.

The Toad is pretty much my end all device at this point. Above is exactly what I wanted to achieve - amazing taste and to be fully extracted.
And you finally unlocked it for me! Have been having a variable time up until this recipe made it click. Thank you!

Stonedbadger

Has anyone else's Toad just stop working?

Mine has after barely two weeks of use, pretty disappointing. I have emailed Dan, and I'm sure he will sort it out, but just wondering if its a common problem or if anyone has a straight forward fix?

Please note the Toad no longer produces any heat at all despite trying both heaters and different (brand new) batteries.

The failure was also sudden with no sign of reduced performance until I went to the next bowl and there was no heating at all

fangorn

yeah, I'll go to the button too...
at first, I didn't always press it well... the results were disappointing... it still happens to me on occasion...

I can't imagine the toad breaking down...

(to comfort you, I received a new vape last week... which didn't work right out of the box... and that won't be fixed tomorrow....!!)

I'm sure you will have a solution very quickly!!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Ha yep all I had to do was take the button out and put it back in again.. I'm an idiot...working brilliantly again!! I fucking love this vape.

Good to hear you got things going again. But yeah, that's why I love this vape, as well as my Nomad I. They are built so mechanically simple that there really isn't any prt that should fail unless you physically damage it.

It's a solidly built tool that should last more than a lifetime unless it is physically damaged which, aside from the glass stem (which can be easily replaced), would take a lot of force to do.

'Good to hear you got things going again. But yeah, that's why I love this vape, as well as my Nomad I. They are built so mechanically simple that there really isn't any prt that should fail unless you physically damage it.

It's a solidly built tool that should last more than a lifetime unless it is physically damaged which, aside from the glass stem (which can be easily replaced), would take a lot of force to do.' - Ramahs

I really think this aspect is going to slap me in the face when I start Toading, I have purchased and wanted this vape almost strictly due to the process involvement and Dan's incredible artistry, so I think I am set up to be blown away

edit: I forgot to hit 'Insert Quotes' due to hitting my WoodScents so hopefully this will suffice lol

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
DSCF1145.jpg

It has taken me a while to post, but I managed to get the Weathered Kanji toad in the lottery!! After a really rough month (laid off from my job, dealing with a few health issues and also feeling a little deflated to have to get back into the job market), it was such a nice surprise! Dream vape obtained! Lucky, too, since I know this grasshopper (yes, that one) is dying any day now. :ko:

Stonedbadger

Congratulations @Martian such a beautiful vape, it will continue to bring much joy. It's such a excellent vape

And sorry to hear about your work situation, I really hope that you can find something that works for you!

Fuck those bastards that fired you!!

Top Bottom