• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toad from Morwood

Vaporware

So far $300 for the solid colors and gradients, or a bit more for the ones with more painting on them. I don’t think any have gone over $400 yet unless you count accessories like a case or wooden stem.

Baboose1948

So far $300 for the solid colors and gradients, or a bit more for the ones with more painting on t I don’t think any have gone over $400 yet unless you count accessories like a case or wooden stem.
Oh wow thanks. Not as much as I was thinking.

Baboose1948,
Reactions: Vaporware

chaos191

I'm spending 5 days fishing Black Rock Canyon and various spots on the Gunnison, and finishing with Widespread MF Panic at Red Rocks.
hi
long-draw-gunnison-river.jpg
JF-30371_700px.jpg
Gunnison-River-CO.jpg
13399_f1f93f8a-8021-4767-a471-45a57f07f0d3_700.jpg
gunnison-river-colorado-loree-johnson.jpg
Widespread MF Panic @ Red Rocks should be a Really Good time. I would bring it as long as security is cool wouldn't it want it Confiscated chances are low though.

Either way have a great time sounds like A blast some time in nature and then to top it off WSMFP!!!! Sounds like a kick ass time!

Vaporware

Those are optional though, which I mentioned…I’d at least get a couple of extra glass stems, but someone who’s good with the stock setup could get it for less than $350 USD shipped, even with a few extra stems and some balls to fill them with.

Also, most places don’t include shipping in the price of an item so I’m not sure where that’s coming from…? :hmm: It’s not like he charges a lot for shipping…

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, most places don’t include shipping in the price of an item so I’m not sure where that’s coming from…? :hmm: It’s not like he charges a lot for shipping…

Haha it comes from the fact that a lot of places provide free shipping, if it's not mentioned, one could assume anything? ;)

Vaporware

Haha it comes from the fact that a lot of places provide free shipping, if it's not mentioned, one could assume anything? ;)

Hah…true, but it’s not something I assume, especially from small shops, so I didn’t think to include it.

Anyway, I think it’s normally $25 for shipping. :)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hah…true, but it’s not something I assume, especially from small shops, so I didn’t think to include it.

Anyway, I think it’s normally $25 for shipping. :)
I’ve done a lot of sales lately and that’s pretty much the price to ship something anywhere these days. Domestic shipping within Canada always seems to cost me more than shipping to America too. And anything from Dan is worth every last penny.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah, I think mine was $400 base but there was another in my drop for $450 iirc? I ended up at $560 all in but I got a case, stems, beads, and some screens. The case looks like a great match for the Toad, but if you don't intend to ever take it out and about you could pass on that, I suppose.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I
Having received one of the very first units, I feel I've done a disservice to the community by not posting more about it.

I've been running with my TOAD nearly exclusively for flower since acquisition, pardon the lack of posts- I've been caught up between moving homes and sick kids and have not had energy to post up as often as I'd like...

Lots to LOVE about this device. I am not babying mine, take it everywhere and in all conditions. Its picked up a nick or two along the way, but the wrap is really tough and the pouch is awesome. I'm loving the mushroom art! Pear stem is a favorite, but I tend to use glass for ease of cleaning. I'm a high heater and coming in with my draw on the 5-6 second mark. I am set up for shallow bowls, quick extraction and typically get a fully extracted and toasted top in 2-3 draws. I seek full extraction with my devices and TOAD is no exception. Admittedly, I've combusted more times than I care to admit, but it is part of the curve (and occasionally even after you have a real good taste/tongue for temps).

I got to go deal with kids, but so much more to share... will try to post up more later!

...currently on the fence if I should fly TOAD with me to Crested Butte/Red Rocks. Thoughts?
I concur in taking this thing everywhere, and not babying it! Although I’m doing the best to keep mine in pristine condition, if it can come on hikes in the pouring rain it can pretty much go anywhere.

Vaporware

I’d worry about getting the wood very wet, but I think the sleeve can take a bit of moisture?

I think @Arawfish ’s walk in the rain should be fine, and it’s good to hear it went well, but if it fell into a puddle or something like that I think you’d want to get it out and dry as soon as possible.

If Dan has any thoughts on this, or if anyone has more stories of good or bad experiences with Toads (or Nomads) and water or other weather issues, please share them!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’d worry about getting the wood very wet, but I think the sleeve can take a bit of moisture?

I think @Arawfish ’s walk in the rain should be fine, and it’s good to hear it went well, but if it fell into a puddle or something like that I think you’d want to get it out and dry as soon as possible.

If Dan has any thoughts on this, or if anyone has more stories of good or bad experiences with Toads (or Nomads) and water or other weather issues, please share them!
Mate I’m not holding this thing under water 😂 it’s going to be more than fine. If I dropped any vape in a puddle I’d be more than concerned, but luckily that has never happened.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
The sleeve is very water resistant, and with a recent waxing, water will bead on the surface. The wood won't like being submerged in water, that's for sure! But I've never had any issues out in the rain.... or beside a sick ass waterfall.

I once left my Nomad 1, with kraft paper sleeve, in a camping food barrel overnight. The barrel had a leak... it rained. The Nomad was sitting in a puddle of water overnight. The kraft paper sleeve, which was much less water resistant than the Toad skins, was pretty soggy, and the walnut body was soaked... but it worked fine, and after air drying you couldn't even tell anything happened!

I wouldn't recommend it though.

Vaporware

Mate I’m not holding this thing under water 😂 it’s going to be more than fine. If I dropped any vape in a puddle I’d be more than concerned, but luckily that has never happened.

Of course, maybe I should have put a little more separation between your walk in the rain and the idea of dropping it in a puddle, although it sounds like even a bit of time in a puddle probably wouldn’t do lasting damage which is good to hear! :rockon:

I was mostly fishing for info like what Dan just provided since your walk in the rain obviously went great. :D

Vaporware,
Reactions: Arawfish

fangorn

News of the Toad lichen in his new adoptive family... He lives happy days and is used daily.

I use it almost exclusively for 2-3 weeks (an exception two days ago).

I can now use the glass marbles (even if I don't do it much yet). I made good progress with the learning curve. I need the feeling of warmth less. I count to 7 or 8 for warm-up...and that's perfect...

I continue to use low heat exclusively. I will start testing the high heater in several weeks, once installed in my new apartment.
I am curious and impatient to test this new radiator...
But in the meantime, I'm really happy with the low heating. I get a more even and roasted AVB.
Same for the wooden stems, I will wait until the end of July to test them.

I still love having it in my hand, touching it, stroking it... the feeling is great...

But what I really like the most is that with the right warm-up time I can sip 5-6 seconds and get a very very very satisfying hit.
to be honest when i got the Fw7 about a month or two ago i was afraid going back to pure convection would be difficult... i was even afraid i would prefer the Fw7 over the Toad.. . well that's not the case at all!
It's very personal and relative but I love vaping... the flavors are excellent and the vapor is dense quickly. Everything I was missing in my pure convection vapes (the short draws and the feeling of density)!
Using glass marbles seems to soften the vapor and diminish the flavors a bit...I think next time I try I'll remove even more marbles.

For the battery, I change my batteries once a day. I have rarely descended very low. I once went below 3.7v and felt it quickly. it's quite reassuring!

And on another level, I had already smoked, then vaped in front of my father in very specific circumstances...
he is not very sensitive to cannabis but accepts my consumption...
but I had never put a vaporizer in his hands and detailed the manufacturing with precision... he's an incredible handyman... and a Mac Gyver...
Anyway, he told me about custom screws he had made for a 4x4 engine and I took the opportunity to tell him about Dan...
he was blown away by the workmanship, the precision, the ingenuity, the beauty of the piece, the relief in the lichen button, the texture, the paint job, the craftsmanship... he even raved about the quality of the case... looking for how it was made and looking for the inside seam!
Well, I think my enthusiasm kinda fueled his reaction...but he told me there aren't many people like Dan...and I totally agree with that!

I still feel so privileged and really enjoy my Toad every time I use it...so every time I vape...

moreover about high, it's very relative as a point of view and it depends on a thousand parameters... but it gives me very pleasant slaps! I've happened twice lately to vape the contents of one stem, then start another...one or two inhales...before blowing all the contents out of the stem because I felt that I was going to be too stoned for my next activity (a lunch in this case).

I had mentioned earlier, my "problems" with the engagement of the button... it's been settled for a while, my brain has integrated the right gesture!

Ah, last thought, I've been grinding too big lately with a hemp grinder for less than 3€ and the results have been much less satisfactory.

Here's to a return with a little more hindsight! always positive feedback...
happy vaping everyone!

fangorn

yeah I knew while writing this sentence that it was surely at risk of being hijacked... but it's so true... it's an object that is so pleasant in the hand... well ok, my 3 year old son could surely say the same thing...!

I don't regret it, it allowed me to discover the subject "sentence taken out of context"
thank you @Stu 😉

Top Bottom