• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toad from Morwood

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Something's arrived!!!

acq-Qjkt-YQau-TGdr-XUmvm-Lg-thumb-1d73.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

I’ve had a couple bowls now and I am in love with the simplicity of the device. There is a learning curve, since this is my first unregulated vape, but with a little guidance by my second bowl I was pretty happy with the outcome.

As I said before, it’s smaller than I envisioned, which is really nice. It’s compact and perfectly constructed. It feels like a good friend already.

I’m not getting huge clouds or anything yet, which honestly isn’t even my goal, but the heater feels capable of doing that if you practice your technique. Mine were lighter hits with tons of flavor, which I personally prefer. It’s immediately all my other vapes.

Dan was out of pear wood at the time, so I opted for a burl stem, which goes very nicely with the device, and I like the pattern of the wood. The case is a grey case, which has just the slightest green tone to it. There will be other write ups for more experienced users as they get their devices, but wanted to circle back with my initial impressions.

edit: formatting
Oooh, a BURL stem?
I'd love to see that 😁
Btw, which heater/s did you choose?
Congrat's on your new Toad 👍

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
ah I see. if I had to guess and this strictly is a guess, Dan probably does most of the toad work during down time say between ordering blanks and waiting for them to arrive for the custom nomads and people making up their minds on what they want for options.

Bad Dog

its the nature of custom devices that not everyone quickly makes up their mind on all the available options. please give me a day or two to decide what button, what artwork on the sleeve ??? Dan can only work on so many nomads at once and if people make delays, work can come to a stand still. can't blame him for making the most of his time and being able design and make his own artistic choices probably helps with motivation moving forward

danjens

I saw some of those comments complaining about being “jumped in line.” I thought it was a bit petty.
It’s kinda like If you go to a restaurant and order a steak dinner, you sit there and wait for your steak dinner. When someone comes in behind you and orders soup and a salad, their order will come up first, no big deal.
At least in my eyes…

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Jealousy is such an ugly emotion
Yeah, thought I do suppose I can empathize, especially if you’ve been on the waitlist for a couple years, or have paid and ordered over a year ago and still haven’t got it, while seeing a new project pop up with faster turn around.

still, I feel like there’s been perfect transparency on everything between this thread and the Nomad one. I’ve been waiting well over a year myself

Bad Dog

if Dan's only interest was making money I think we would be seeing more frequent toad drops and longer between nomad drops. or he would just raise prices based on demand which is higher than than his output:2c:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah, thought I do suppose I can empathize, especially if you’ve been on the waitlist for a couple years, or have paid and ordered over a year ago and still haven’t got it, while seeing a new project pop up with faster turn around.

still, I feel like there’s been perfect transparency on everything between this thread and the Nomad one. I’ve been waiting well over a year myself

I have no issue with the transparency, I think Dan couldn't have been more open with the launch of the toad, but I do think its ridiculous and completely unfair to expect a manufacturer (small, artisan type or not) to only focus on one production model.

I've been on the Nomad list for a while too, since August 2020. Around the same time you have been. Sure I HAPPENED to get lucky and get in on the first toad batch... but even if I didn't, I can't imagine being pissed that Dan is making more than 1 device? I look at it the opposite way and think its a good thing that he's expanding a bit...

Top Bottom