The Toad from Morwood

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hopefully the tracking is accurate, because mine appears to suggest that I should receive it by mid-week this week 😍

way to go kids GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Since image uploads are currently disabled I posted this on instagram.

Still waiting to hit it as I wasn't prepared for it's early arrival so the batts are still charging. I'll be sure to report back unless I forget to.

:peace:

fangorn

Hey @Dan Morrison
I don't want to take your precious time ... but I can't seem to hold back ...

Your post was about lot 1 ...
I've been shipping out batch 1 Toads this week, and the rest from batch 1 are slated to go out in the next few days.

but @Stu posted a message showing that a toad from lot 2 had found its home ...
Still waiting to hit it as I wasn't prepared for it's early arrival so the batts are still charging. I'll be sure to report back unless I forget to.

Did you mean lot 2 after all??!

fangorn,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How do you like using it? Thoughts on performance?
I've only put three bowls through it so far, but I can say that it performs exactly as I expected it to which is pretty much identical to my Nomad. It's got a feeling of familiarity in my hand and during use. I actually prefer the slimmer profile of the Toad over the Nomad, it feels really nice in my hand. The vapor is quite warm and I use the heat on my tongue to gauge when to release the button and when to re-engage. Beautiful simplicity, I love it.

I also really like how the bottom snaps into place with the magnets. The magnets make for a real design improvement over the Nomad 1 and I can see why Dan chose to go that route with the Nomad 2s and Toads.

:peace:

Aclucari

It’s officially in my zip code now. The anticipation is killing me

Edit: Out for delivery! Let's gooooooo

And its here! I'll get some pics later and do some tests, but its so much smaller than I pictured. As someone who has never held any of Dan's work, its unbelievably well crafted. The tolerances on the fits are perfect. The button looks and feels amazing to press. Even just the simplicity of flipping the base to cut the connection feels great.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Mine didn't arrive today, but it made it to my state this morning.
So, hopefully tomorrow.

**edit**
Tracking just updated to show that my Toad is now in my zip code. So I should definitely have it tomorrow.
I'm gonna be stalking the postal delivery worker in the morning! 😁

So Excited Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Aclucari

I’ve had a couple bowls now and I am in love with the simplicity of the device. There is a learning curve, since this is my first unregulated vape, but with a little guidance by my second bowl I was pretty happy with the outcome.

As I said before, it’s smaller than I envisioned, which is really nice. It’s compact and perfectly constructed. It feels like a good friend already.

I’m not getting huge clouds or anything yet, which honestly isn’t even my goal, but the heater feels capable of doing that if you practice your technique. Mine were lighter hits with tons of flavor, which I personally prefer. It’s immediately all my other vapes.

Dan was out of pear wood at the time, so I opted for a burl stem, which goes very nicely with the device, and I like the pattern of the wood. The case is a grey case, which has just the slightest green tone to it. There will be other write ups for more experienced users as they get their devices, but wanted to circle back with my initial impressions.

edit: formatting

Top Bottom