The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Do we have any news regarding Spain? I would want to order one at the end of the month if possible
Not yet, but it might be available by then.

Hope they restock soon..

It’s not likely that there will be more of the full Ti. However, there will be more of the mixed colors once every pre-order is shipped out and I can do a proper stock check.

Next batch is probably coming in the next 6-12 months.

Does it hit as hard as torch and how many tempest bowls does the batteries last?

Almost as hard, but it’s much more convenient. I counted 15 heat-ups from cold with zirconia and 18 with glass. You have to raise the temperature slightly at 50% and 25% battery remaining to get the same effect.

Is the wand the most compact?
It's a different shape but I'd say so.

Oden

Next batch is probably coming in the next 6-12 months.
I wanted to thank you for posting some fully raw tempest a few days ago on the European site, because my friend was able to buy it 😎
I am really happy.
But I wanted to know why we will have to wait up to 12 months for the next batch?
I imagine a lot of people were waiting for their paycheck at the beginning of the month to buy the tempest 😂😂

Datoneguy

@Brenyo Is there a chance the raw ti version will get more options for the heatshield before that 6-12 month restock you mentioned? Like would that maybe be a part of you taking stock of things and updating the site? Lol asking because I'm trying to get a raw ti with a blue shield and the parts are there but not coupled together atm lol.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

Enki

@Brenyo has there been any consideration of a 316SS version? Some of my friends are interested until they see the price of titanium.

Enki,

GnarlyVandal

@Brenyo tempest’s are going to get shipped out this month, right? Cause I’m not going to be at home a lot next month, from the beginning of the month, and it would suck to miss the delivery..
Like, you have them all in stock, you’ve cleaned them, need to put them all in packaging I’m assuming?
I was under the impression it’d be sent within 2 weeks, but I am a little worried ngl.

GnarlyVandal,

Deluecks

@Brenyo Is there a chance the raw ti version will get more options for the heatshield before that 6-12 month restock you mentioned? Like would that maybe be a part of you taking stock of things and updating the site? Lol asking because I'm trying to get a raw ti with a blue shield and the parts are there but not coupled together atm lol.
I waited for the same combination (Ti with blue outer shell) it was sold out over days but from time to time it was in stock again. So seen in the EU shop. Maybe have a look from time to time. I think canceled ones get back in the shop.

Good Luck!

Deluecks,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
But I wanted to know why we will have to wait up to 12 months for the next batch?
I'm trying to be less optimistic with my estimates than before and it takes a long time to make a batch of these.

@Brenyo Is there a chance the raw ti version will get more options for the heatshield before that 6-12 month restock you mentioned?
Yes, but there’s only a small chance.

@Brenyo has there been any consideration of a 316SS version? Some of my friends are interested until they see the price of titanium.
Yes, many times. It's not worth making both, unless I can order tens of thousands of the SS.

@Brenyo tempest’s are going to get shipped out this month, right?
Yes

Like, you have them all in stock, you’ve cleaned them, need to put them all in packaging I’m assuming?
That’s right, but I’m still just cleaning them and trying to answer the seemingly infinite number of emails in the meantime, which is definitely making the process a little slower than expected. :D

HaggisHunter

That’s right, but I’m still just cleaning them and trying to answer the seemingly infinite number of emails in the meantime, which is definitely making the process a little slower than expected. :D
Won't lie, I'd really enjoy that, cleaning them all before going out :lol:
I used to clean/maintain surgical tools and equipment, last person to touch them before the surgeon opens the kit for an operation.
There's an odd satisfaction I get from stuff like that haha

Moro

So it's not necessary for us to give them a good ISO bath before first use? Or is this still recommended?

shadymilkman

I want to know if I can get an assist for the cost of the upgrade kit for the betas... i know there was supposed to be some sort of discount IIRC, but checked out at full price, dont think thats what the deal was with the early units... unless something changed.

shadymilkman,

karuzo

One thing is that the color black absorbs more light and therefore black surfaces exposed to the sun heat up more...quite another is that it cools the vapor in your vaporizer better. The black one doesnt cool more than the raw one

The DLC coating is top notch for durability.

I'm following the conversation here with great interest. My technical knowledge is rather limited in this area. I ordered a colored version. Are we talking about technical details and small differences in effectiveness? Or is it a significant difference in terms of color and material? Thanks in advance for your answers :)

eyevape

👀
I'm following the conversation here with great interest. My technical knowledge is rather limited in this area. I ordered a colored version. Are we talking about technical details and small differences in effectiveness? Or is it a significant difference in terms of color and material? Thanks in advance for your answers :)
I’m sure it’s marginal and you couldn’t tell the difference in a blindfold test.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
My gut says it’s probably marginally cooler to hold since while black coatings absorb more light and heat up more that way, carbon tends to be an insulator otherwise. At worst it’ll be a hotter draw and cooler stem, but I doubt there’s much of a noticeable difference other than the DLC coating being more durable.

mcscruffy

@Brenyo you have me curious now with comments on a stainless version (Ti all the way for me) and I can't help but ask if you are willing to share any details on how many you've sold? If not, I totally understand but I'm curious how wide of an audience found the last device they need 😉

mcscruffy,
Reactions: sedentree

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey @Brenyo , is there any advantage to getting the head only on preorder compared to after the official launch? TIA

@Brenyo I tried to ask the other day but my question got missed in all the excitement. Are there any advantages to buying the head only on pre order compared to after release?

Hey @Brenyo , please could you address this question? I'd rather not jam up your email more than it needs to be but maybe I should just email you?

Cheebsy,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
So it's not necessary for us to give them a good ISO bath before first use? Or is this still recommended?
It's not necessary, but still recommended as always. It's pretty clean, balls as well.

@Brenyo you have me curious now with comments on a stainless version (Ti all the way for me) and I can't help but ask if you are willing to share any details on how many you've sold? If not, I totally understand but I'm curious how wide of an audience found the last device they need 😉
Around 1500 so far

Hey @Brenyo , please could you address this question? I'd rather not jam up your email more than it needs to be but maybe I should just email you?
Sorry I missed it twice :doh: No extras with the head, same as after the pre-order

Datoneguy

Gonna order here soon I think. Should I add the leathercase to my cart or does it get added to your order automatically later?

Edit: Nvm, My bad, was confusing this with the wood sleeve, woops lol.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

AndyO

I didn't quite realise til the last few days how much the Tempest had been designed to work with the Wand, I was kind of working on the assumption that post-Forge/Flare it would be considered old tech.

For those who have the Tempest beta, are you using the Wand or a torch more? I never really took to the Yll Vape with Dynavaps, and I've always only used my Anvil/Stunner/Dani Fusion 2 with a torch.

Is the Wand a worthy addition, or am I likely to find myself with more expensive tech on the shelf?

AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
For those who have the Tempest beta, are you using the Wand or a torch more? I never really took to the Yll Vape with Dynavaps, and I've always only used my Anvil/Stunner/Dani Fusion 2 with a torch.
I prefer the torch to the wand for the Tempest ... but I prefer the other induction heaters over the Torch....

I used to take my tempest and wand to dinner with my girlfriends old's before I got the flare/forge... there is definitely something about the lack of torch noise that I like but more.... I do really feel that induction heating brings out the best in the Tempest. I just couldn't get the wand to work the way I wanted it to.

this is more of what we need :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom