The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

High and fast, that won't work for me. But I'm even more hyped. For me, the constant reheating is the biggest negative point with the Dynas. I want the session to be as long and relaxed as possible.
Tempest re-heats feel very different. The residual heat in the balls means subsequent bowls require less energy. Takes around half as much time compared to hearing cold. A Tempest heat cycle also can easily fully extract a full 0.15g bowl.

So you are not re heating for the same bowl like a Dyna. It just depends how many bowls you want to vape.

When you are chaining bowls you can go through a lot of material in a small amount of time if you want to. So it doesn't feel fiddly or like you are wasting your time.

btka

Might be ok with a DV, but I think will get too hot for the digits with a Tempest head on it, a lot of heat.:2c:
I imagine it will also work like a heatsink and will „rob“ (extra) heat from the tempest…
Let us know how it works please
Otherwise looks very good…

btka,
Reactions: eyevape

Madao

Tempest re-heats feel very different. The residual heat in the balls means subsequent bowls require less energy. Takes around half as much time compared to hearing cold. A Tempest heat cycle also can easily fully extract a full 0.15g bowl.

So you are not re heating for the same bowl like a Dyna. It just depends how many bowls you want to vape.

When you are chaining bowls you can go through a lot of material in a small amount of time if you want to. So it doesn't feel fiddly or like you are wasting your time.
I like the sound of this, I know that wasting your time feeling all too well. lol

Madao,

eyevape

👀
Might be ok with a DV, but I think will get too hot for the digits with a Tempest head on it, a lot of heat.:2c:
I hope you’re wrong on that 😅 My bong is 14mm, so the massive 18mm part sticks out. It’s a lot of metal in this spot, so hopefully the wpa can be touched there. Otherwise I'll build some leather thing to hold. I will report, I’m just one tempest head short for testing :)

Last edited:

Datoneguy

I'm gonna attempt to wait until certain color variations are available again I think lol. Is there any sort of timeline for when we'd see more of these options become available again? Trying to get myself into the idea of a colored tempest but not sure I'm into the concept when it comes to cleaning and being able to easily see what's going on in terms of buildup (bit ocd on keeping vapes clean).

scotcan

I'm gonna attempt to wait until certain color variations are available again I think lol. Is there any sort of timeline for when we'd see more of these options become available again? Trying to get myself into the idea of a colored tempest but not sure I'm into the concept when it comes to cleaning and being able to easily see what's going on in terms of buildup (bit ocd on keeping vapes clean).
Black is likely to be the most durable and black surfaces have the best cooling

DaBouse

Anyone know of a good cost effective hard case that will fit the wand and reload? I should’ve got the vaphit case from vgoodiez, but I checked out too quick like a goon.

Could always go for the hard gun carry case from harbor freight also.

DaBouse,

scotcan

Anyone know of a good cost effective hard case that will fit the wand and reload? I should’ve got the vaphit case from vgoodiez, but I checked out too quick like a goon.

Could always go for the hard gun carry case from harbor freight also.
Have a look at the Peli Ruck cases

scotcan,

kokolokokolokon

do you confirm this? I thought that all-titanium is best?
One thing is that the color black absorbs more light and therefore black surfaces exposed to the sun heat up more...quite another is that it cools the vapor in your vaporizer better. The black one doesnt cool more than the raw one

The DLC coating is top notch for durability.

scotcan

Is it really? Shouldn't raw titanium be more durable?
DLC coatings are “diamond like” and consist of a very hard, very tough surface. Titanium itself is relatively soft and will scratch and mart more easily. A DLC coating will prevent scratches but if it does scratch will show the base metal. Titanium itself may be repolished or brushed to return the surface finish.

As to temperature, black surfaces by their nature absorb and emit heat as infra red light more easily than a metallic surface that reflects. Titanium is a relatively poor heat conductor (good for the outer shield and also not losing too much heat from the bowl) and technically a black coating should help the cooling part cool a little faster than raw titanium. For an j treating article on this see https://ttu-ir.tdl.org/server/api/core/bitstreams/3fcd3713-fa49-4e3b-8523-e0ac077c508e/content where a DLC coating has been used to improve passive cooling in space applications

Atom Flower

EU webshop does not send to Spain.... :mmmm:
why???

I saw the EU shop rapidly selling out so I placed an order through a friend in the UK, with SiC balls for sick action... looking forward to the portable ball vape!! :rockon:

TBH, demand for this in Spain will be so low that I don't blame MH for not bothering!

Last edited:

Dacrysis

EU webshop does not send to Spain.... :mmmm:
why???

I saw the EU shop rapidly selling out so I placed an order through a friend in the UK, with SiC balls for sick action... looking forward to the portable ball vape!! :rockon:

TBH, demand for this in Spain will be so low that I don't blame MH for not bothering!
Don’t say that, I’m in Spain and I want the raw titanium one… I would also want to know when they fix that or if I have to buy from third party

Do we have any news regarding Spain? I would want to order one at the end of the month if possible

Moro

Don’t say that, I’m in Spain and I want the raw titanium one… I would also want to know when they fix that or if I have to buy from third party
The full Ti was sold out super fast, at the moment is only the Ti stem with purple heatshield or wood available.

HashOnMyMind

Thinking of buying the wand as a Torch (Rhonx dual currently) kinda guy. Is it worth the 120 Euro + Adapter/Stand?
Does it hit as hard as torch and how many tempest bowls does the batteries last?
Or should i rather go for flare? Is the wand the most compact?
Sorry for all the questions haha hope everyone has a good one.
Cant wait for the Tempest to land and take me to Nirvana... :leaf:

HashOnMyMind,
Top Bottom