The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

eyevape

👀
Does it fit tight or does it move inside?
I can’t speak for the tempest, as I’m waiting for my first one. But forum says that the dimensions are almost similar to the anvil + XL mouthpiece.

The anvil has almost no wiggle in the case cause of the strong magnet in the cap. For that little extra tightness I put a thick circle punched piece of leather in the bottom, which squeezes the device in. Now it sits bomb proof, even if dropped hard.

Last edited:

grognard3r

So the Tempest comes with the leather case, which is really nice. But did any of the beta users found an airtight storage solution? I need one for the time I'm not at home, don't like the flower smell in my backpack. For my dynavaps I use the Slingstash, but i figured out the Tempest won't fit (at least when looking at the dimensions). So I'm searching something similar like the dynavap Slingstash for the Tempest.

When I am out and about, I often use my BB9 stem with the Tempest head. To store safely and minimize smell, I use the solution depected: home-made Tempest-BB9 case from pvc. I'd recommend painting one end cap a special color to remind you to only open that end up. As you can see, my cap is black, so I always hold that end up. You can easily customize the length of your storage tube. This is not 100% smell proof, but to my nose, it hides the dankness rather well.

Make sure you have cooled your Tempest before sliding in the pvc. Usually about 60 seconds is enough time for that to happen.

To reduce smell even more, I store all my "smellies" in that Stashlogix carry pack. That small one is for when I must be away from home, but I have a larger bag, also from Stashlogix, that I use for glass and miscellaneous equipment that is prone to smell. Their zippers hold out better than cheaper "smell-proof" bags.

**Edit: some of the Stashlogix bags/purses come with a lock. The one time my lock malfunctioned, the Stashlogix people fixed the problem right away (replaced the product).

mcscruffy

When I am out and about, I often use my BB9 stem with the Tempest head. To store safely and minimize smell, I use the solution depected: home-made Tempest-BB9 case from pvc. I'd recommend painting one end cap a special color to remind you to only open that end up. As you can see, my cap is black, so I always hold that end up. You can easily customize the length of your storage tube. This is not 100% smell proof, but to my nose, it hides the dankness rather well.

Make sure you have cooled your Tempest before sliding in the pvc. Usually about 60 seconds is enough time for that to happen.

To reduce smell even more, I store all my "smellies" in that Stashlogix carry pack. That small one is for when I must be away from home, but I have a larger bag, also from Stashlogix, that I use for glass and miscellaneous equipment that is prone to smell. Their zippers hold out better than cheaper "smell-proof" bags.

**Edit: some of the Stashlogix bags/purses come with a lock. The one time my lock malfunctioned, the Stashlogix people fixed the problem right away (replaced the product).
I love Stashlogix but I have bought a few SafeDelux bags because they were so much cheaper and ($<20 for the large bag) and on lightning deal I figured why not? All of them have performed as well if not better than my Stashlogix bags. The biggest difference with the larger sizes is they aren't hard shell like Stashlogix.

If the budget isn't there for Stashlogix, I would recommend giving the SafeDelux options a try... that said, I use the Alma to store my Revolve Gen 2s and Tempest (I don't store them until they are cooled enough to handle) and it is a great solution which also holds my extra stems. There's a post from me many pages back that should have a picture of it.

PossumMD

Is there a specific reason why you dont send to every eu country?
Like Austria for example?
Nice Greets!
"Poland, India, Greece, Austria: We can't ship to these countries due to customs issues."

From the madheaters UK site.

PossumMD,
Reactions: Octavia

vaping herbs

@Brenyo
What is the e-mail address of the EU store?
I would like to add something to my existing order, I tried a few days ago on the page under the category "Change/cancel order" but no response.

vaping herbs,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo
What is the e-mail address of the EU store?
I would like to add something to my existing order, I tried a few days ago on the page under the category "Change/cancel order" but no response.
I'm doing the customer support currently, you can use the contact us page to send an email or a PM here.

can't order to belgium from the eu page either :s
Belgium is now available

Silonation

How many average puffs of vapor, with the beta-tempest, do you have during a session? I always prick up my ears when I read about joint comparisons here.

Silonation,
Reactions: Tellus

Phil9000

"Great that there is now shipping to Belgium. Any idea when the full titanium will be back in stock? Because if it takes too long, I'll order the wood version and later a titanium shield."

Phil9000,

RedZep

How many average puffs of vapor, with the beta-tempest, do you have during a session? I always prick up my ears when I read about joint comparisons here.
Not sure. Here is a video I made a while ago. Should give an idea. Some puffs are bigger than others. So depends on size of your puffs and your material. Video is with flower. If you fill it with hash, you can toke on it for ages and just quickly reheat using VI when it drops below vaporisation temp. Feels like lighting a blunt when it goes out.

Last edited:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Did ya'll get an email about the pre-orders opening? I 100% signed up for the announcements but I never got anything. My fault for trusting technology to work I guess
I got one on Saturday for the opening of the eu site and preorders, but I signed up months ago (probably around q1 2024?)

Octavia,

RedZep

Thanks for your insight. The session probably went on a little longer. Counted nine cloudy puffs in the minute.
It went on a little longer. Imgur only let's you do 60 second videos. I don't think it was much longer though. 1-2 puffs max.

When you are fast with your reloads, you can get the next bowl up to temp really fast with the residual heat in the balls. So you can carry on the session. Think of it like lighting the joint that went out. In this use case the length of the joint like session will depend on your tolerance levels. I wish I could sit there for 45 mins doing it, but it would get me far too high.

eyevape

👀

Just found this nice little titanium wpa. This will be the perfect companion for my preordered tempest head 🤝
Look what’s in the mail today 😍 It took only 2 days to deliver, look and feel is perfect, no branding.. I love it! Can’t wait to put a tempest head on it.

delta hotel

Look what’s in the mail today 😍 It took only 2 days to deliver, look and feel is perfect, no branding.. I love it! Can’t wait to put a tempest head on it.

I really like this. I didn't formally have a Dyna so I don't have a collection of 10mm stems or adapters. I've seen several 10mm Dyna stems, but is there a specific one anyone would recommend similar to this? I'd really like to order this one but the overseas pricing kills it, and I can't find one locally.

Silonation

It went on a little longer. Imgur only let's you do 60 second videos. I don't think it was much longer though. 1-2 puffs max.

When you are fast with your reloads, you can get the next bowl up to temp really fast with the residual heat in the balls. So you can carry on the session. Think of it like lighting the joint that went out. In this use case the length of the joint like session will depend on your tolerance levels. I wish I could sit there for 45 mins doing it, but it would get me far too high.
High and fast, that won't work for me. But I'm even more hyped. For me, the constant reheating is the biggest negative point with the Dynas. I want the session to be as long and relaxed as possible.

Top Bottom