The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

sedentree

I said it before - I really like the Ronx Dual torch with the Tempest.

Using the single flame setting, setting the flame to be about as long as the cap, heating the cap with a wave motion, from bottom to top - taking care to end the heat cycle at the top of the cap - just under visual indicator. Ending the heating cycle with the flame at the top of the oven, helps to limit the amount of stabilization time you need to cater for / wait for - you can stop heating as soon as the second click happens / or as soon as the visual gauge nits the final mark and then hit the Tempest straight away.

This is a one heat clear of the full bowl packed full.

It’s probably the most effective method for heating the Tempest I’ve found yet and the effects are … just what I’m looking for, Stoney and a good pain killer.

I would say that this sized single flame torch, something with a good 2.5cm flame is about the right size to get the most out of the Tempest. In all the mucking about with the Cyclone triple torch, the best way to use it is to do a a 2 heat clear, I find myself re-heating it after the VI drops below the bottom mark - however with the Ronx with the size/method above is a perfect single heat clear.

I'll do a video of it tomorrow start to finish to show vapour quantity and the AVB properly; my VI is jumpy and sticky, nothing major but I damaged my cap testing.

This is the strongest hit I have got off the Tempest and I would be comfortable saying its as good of an extraction as I have achieved with the Anvil using the same torch.
Off topic for this thread in a way but also not so apologies if this is the wrong place, but have you used this torch with your TA3? If so, how did you find it?

sedentree,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
any updates?? been a bit quiet about the release is there any progress to release this month(May) or are we waiting even longer?
I don't know about the release timeline - but I know the time for bug reporting has come to an end - I reported my last bug about a week and a half ago - so I am pretty hopeful we will get some more information soon.

Off topic for this thread in a way but also not so apologies if this is the wrong place, but have you used this torch with your TA3? If so, how did you find it?
I have; I will put a video in the TA thread (a bit later), I prefer the dual setting for the TA's but it's doable.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Any update on the EU website @Brenyo ? We are eager.
Will be ready when the Tempest pre-order starts

any updates?? been a bit quiet about the release is there any progress to release this month(May) or are we waiting even longer?
There's another 5-day holiday in China until Monday :( I'm not sure when it's going to be ready; the timeframe that the manufacturer gives me is usually very inaccurate. It should be ready soon, but it's out of my hands now.

grumpy.guy

There's another 5-day holiday in China until Monday :( I'm not sure when it's going to be ready; the timeframe that the manufacturer gives me is usually very inaccurate. It should be ready soon, but it's out of my hands now.

Am I interpreting this correctly, all parts are final and it's just a matter of delivery from China?

ljstavy

appreciate the honesty! hope things get sorted out soon

HaggisHunter

I really like the Ronx Dual torch with the Tempest.
These things are great, been telling folk about them for years.
I'm still on my first I bought 3 years ago.
It went a bit funny last summer so I bought a replacement, it's still in the box as my original kicked back into life again.

Been using the wand most of the time but I'm gonna give this torch method a shot later today.

HaggisHunter,
Reactions: sedentree

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Am I interpreting this correctly, all parts are final and it's just a matter of delivery from China?
Yes the parts are final in design but not all of them are finished with the manufacturing. The new magnetic parts are very hard to machine, harder than titanium so it takes a long time, but they’re almost done afaik.
Leather case and box is also in progress, but I’m confident those will be ready by the time we need them.

ljstavy

Yes the parts are final in design but not all of them are finished with the manufacturing. The new magnetic parts are very hard to machine, harder than titanium so it takes a long time, but they’re almost done afaik.
Leather case and box is also in progress, but I’m confident those will be ready by the time we need them.
box like a package type box we will receive the units in? or like a box/dugout type thing where it holds the device and can be purchased?

grumpy.guy

That sounds great, i am eager like a kid on x-mas :)

grumpy.guy,

Duba

Accessory Maker
This is the strongest hit I have got off the Tempest and I would be comfortable saying its as good of an extraction as I have achieved with the Anvil using the same torch.
I tried the ronx one flame at the beginning that I had the Tempest but I wasn't happy with the results, too random. I've loaned it out but when it comes back, I'll try your technique, thank you for sharing!

To tease you, I'd say it took you months to achieve this result with the tempest, whereas you certainly got it straight away with the Anvil.;)
That's probably the trade-off for all the adjustment possibilities offered by the tempest.

I can't wait to get my hands on this calibrated click and some quality screens to make up my mind about this Tempest.

Orvaxxx

I tried the ronx one flame at the beginning that I had the Tempest but I wasn't happy with the results, too random. I've loaned it out but when it comes back, I'll try your technique, thank you for sharing!

To tease you, I'd say it took you months to achieve this result with the tempest, whereas you certainly got it straight away with the Anvil.;)
That's probably the trade-off for all the adjustment possibilities offered by the tempest.

I can't wait to get my hands on this calibrated click and some quality screens to make up my mind about this Tempest.
I can’t wait for it to finally be released. Was very happy with it at first but after I got the new TA I have not touched the Tempest.
Hope to have the calibrated discs soon.

HashOnMyMind

I think the TA is nice, but it’s much closer to a desktop vape experience.
Its even greater heat matrix makes it more and more impractical to move around with the heat retention, etc.
For me, the Tempest is in a sweet spot to be usable as a portable device, while something like the TA seems not worth it unless I want a bigger bowl than 0.15 as i can already single extract in a tempest with a torch.
That being said, back-to-back sessions on the Tempest seem also quiet easy.

Hope the Tempest is being finalized/released soon to not give up more hype around the product over time.

alex91

Anyone has both the Ronx and Blazer Firefox torches to compare how they work with the Tempest?

alex91,
Reactions: gosta

HashOnMyMind

Most comfortable torch I’ve used so far ;) Single flame turned down would be fine for Dyna. I’d imagine it could heat the Anvil cap just fine. Dual flame works pretty good on the Dani caps imo.
Awesome looking forward to it! Im kinda over messing with 12 Aomai lighters in rotation ;)

HashOnMyMind,
Reactions: TedJones
Top Bottom