The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

DNice

First of all hallo :)

I don‘t know how the previous drops went so from your experience

will it be one of those nerve-racking races for those precious units where everything will be gone in 30 seconds?

And

What do you think will be the most in demand color options?

My favourite is the primary black with the blue heat shield but I feel like that will be a hot option for a lot of people :brow:

will it be one of those nerve-racking races for those precious units where everything will be gone in 30 seconds?

And

My favourite is the primary black with the blue heat shield but I feel like that will be a hot option for a lot of people :brow:
It is the one I am looking at also. Good luck to all

BadDuckChuck,
Reactions: DNice

Jojofernz

And

Last drop seemed like they were available around 10-15 minutes. Might not be as bad since some have gotten theirs and not everyone knows about the drop

Is there a time set for the drop on the thirteenth or will it be open from midnight on will it be UK time. Sorry if this has been answered already!

BadDuckChuck,

TedJones

Just took her apart to check and broke the internal oring down at the mouthpieceb
Dam!... still usable? Mine has a small tear on it. Probably from yanking it out and putting back in aggressively at first. Didn’t realize one was hidden in there. Now I gently coat the tubing with lip balm so it slides in easier.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I love the excitement around a new test kit drop... I look forward to seeing the updates :)

The first drop was a bit like that but we had 10 units, the second with about 50 was a little slower (Brenyo slowed it down on his end), there was competition last time with more people wanting a test kit than was able to get them so I expect the people who missed out last time (maybe 100 ish people) might be trying again this time.
Last drop seemed like they were available around 10-15 minutes. Might not be as bad since some have gotten theirs and not everyone knows about the drop
being a couple of days in advance - word will probably spread.

Last edited:

RedZep

Wood is here.
Just some thoughts for those who maybe ordering their first Tempest in next few days and are unsure on which config to go for.

I have used the TI and glass stems a lot. I have not vaped with the wood stems yet (lungs a little sore from COVID) but I've tried heating the device up 4 times in a row to see how much heat gets transferred, which is the main performance benefit of wood. I can confirm it does a great job of not absorbing the heat. Wood is an exceptionally poor conductor of heat. Something about it not having movable ions. This makes wood a brilliant material choice for some vapes or accessories. This also means there is less mass absorbing the heat, which gives it less cooling. However this seems negligible due to the cooling properties inherent in the Tempest system. You can simply adjust the device anyway you choose and get more cooling whenever you want. I will test this in the coming days. Brenyo confirmed a while back that the wood stem cools less, but only by a small degree. We will have more than enough leeway in our settings to make up for that.

So a quick run down.
TI - Well rounded. Indestructible. Perfect ergonomics, as the rocker action when using the carb is perfect. Looks cool as hell. Easy to clean as submergible in iso. Can get a little hot to the touch lower down the stem when doing back to back heat cycles. I consider this stem to be the one I would most advise for most use cases, as it's so well rounded. If you have this stem, you don't need any others. But you will probably want others for reasons below.

Glass - My least favourite due to lack of ergonomics. Just feels like a smooth tube of glass in the hand. Easy to clean. Possible to break. Also gets hot to touch on repeated heat cycles. I actually think the glass is a little worse than TI for this. Confers better flavour, which is noticed more with low temp vaping. I use this stem when I'm consciously deciding to vape at low temps.

Wood - Again, lovely ergonomics. Nice thickness. Feels really nice rocking on the carb. It does convey a blunt like hand feel. Stays cool to touch, best stem for extended sessions with repeated heat cycles. Looks really nice. I prefer the Ebony which I'm surprised at. It has a more subtle beauty that is only revealed in the light. The Rosewood has a more obvious smack you in the face beauty (both seen below) Most difficult to clean, as it's not submersible. You don't want to get iso on the beautiful wood. You just need some q-tips and iso, to wipe the inside of the lined wall. It's not difficult to clean relative to other devices, just takes more considered effort than the other two stem choices. The quality of these wood stems are top notch. Great value for how much they cost. I would consider these MH wood stems over third parties currently just due to the ergonomics. How these stems feel in the hand is important I feel. I consider the wood stem also a good choice for those of us who covertly use vapes outdoors and don't want to draw too much of an eye. The TI stem is so futuristic and cool looking that people look at it and want to know what it is. A sleek dark wood stem is much more covert, and will be my choice when I'm have a cheeky vape outside a cafe in the springtime (illegal country, but not heavily enforced).

Due to the price of glass and wood stems from MH, I would consider them must haves accessories for future purchases fron Tempest owners. For those who only want one stem I would suggest TI, closely followed by wood. The glass stem seems more supplementary, due to it's breakable nature, and lack of ergonomics. The bonus taste from the glass is nice, but it must be noted that Tempest is a great tasting vape, regardless of stem choice. So it's a minor gain, but will be worth it for low temp flavour chasers.

Please note this is all subjective, but hopefully it can help prospective buyers make a decision based on what is important to them.

Last edited:

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs

F6000578-6558-4E01-88CF-C30EF61D3A8E.jpg
OMG 🥹😭 that is actually freakin beautifully AMAZING! Oooof I hope I can snag me one of those beauties! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

TedJones

Awesome pics & vid of the wood. Have the ebony on the way since I thought it’d look better with my torched up cap. @Shorner , looks a bit colder in your spot (garage?) .. noticing any differences?

TedJones,
Reactions: RedZep

Shorner

Awesome pics & vid of the wood. Have the ebony on the way since I thought it’d look better with my torched up cap. @Shorner , looks a bit colder in your spot (garage?) .. noticing any differences?
It's my kitchen 🤣 I'm in the UK and it's been really cold for the last week or so., I have used my tempest outside in 1c and not noticed a massive drop in performance tbh.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Wood is here.
[...]

What a lovely mini-review, thanks for sharing!

To all with a Tempest and a V2 reload ... How do they interact? Does the magnet/decapper still remove the Tempest cap? Im unclear about this (not having a Tempest yet), would one of you be willing to shoot a short vid? Pretty please?

Edit: Lol, I should have watched @Shorner 's video first. Well, that completely answers my question. Thanks ^^

RedZep

What a lovely mini-review, thanks for sharing!

To all with a Tempest and a V2 reload ... How do they interact? Does the magnet/decapper still remove the Tempest cap? Im unclear about this (not having a Tempest yet), would one of you be willing to shoot a short vid? Pretty please?

Edit: Lol, I should have watched @Shorner 's video first. Well, that completely answers my question. Thanks ^^
V2 Reload was designed with Tempest in mind. Works perfectly, and has Tempest only features, like how the de-bowler tool has a screen setter on the reverse. The connection from the Reload magnet to the Tempest is solid as well. You either need a Reload or something else with a really strong magnet. Those weak standard dynamags you see everywhere don't really cut the mustard.

rebelFarmer

I have used it at around -15C a few times, ran out of bud before I ran out of heat although I do like a lighter roast and have been chasing flavours!

rebelFarmer,
Reactions: TedJones

Cannabiker

The connection from the Reload magnet to the Tempest is solid as well.
Not only that, but the other side of the lid has a socket that fits the Tempest tip, so even if you monkey-fist that tip onto the bowl, you can still release it, even if it's hot. I've never even had to use it, but that's still one of my favorite features, just for showing that extra level of design intent.

RedZep

Not only that, but the other side of the lid has a socket that fits the Tempest tip, so even if you monkey-fist that tip onto the bowl, you can still release it, even if it's hot. I've never even had to use it, but that's still one of my favorite features, just for showing that extra level of design intent.
I forgot about that. I've used it actually, when I overtightened the bowl one time. Allowed me to still do a hot reload.

RedZep,
Reactions: Brenyo

Feyd2blak

Great impressions of the wood stems. I've ordered the rosewood and plan to pair it with plain TI parts
That's what I have, arrived today as well, looks lovely, still got that beautiful sleek look with added class. Feels great, noticeably lighter in the hand, and really holds the heat well, barely warm after 2 back to back bowls. Definitely missing the dimples for the bowl to lock into, felt the bowl spin a little in the stem taking the cap off but really liking this new look, great job Brenyo!

Top Bottom