The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

TedJones

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Hey Beansuppa, I am curious if you mind sharing photos comparing the Revolve2 with the Tempest stem? Or anyone else who may have both to compare. Would love to see the differences.
let me know if you still want this as I can upload them (when I get up as its 3am) as I already have the comparison shots.

My fiancé recently said while we were hitting it: “it’s like we are sharing joints again!”
now that's too damn cute

Last edited:

Singularity Walker

Once a week everything gets a full everclear cleaning, soak, rinse, and hand polishing.
If I combust, which seems to happen when I'm playing around with settings, then I clean from bowl to mouthpiece with a quick everclear rinse and wipe.

Last edited:
Singularity Walker,
Reactions: TedJones

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm a little surprised if the balls themselves suffer much in a combustion event. Seeing that they are the heating source and come before the cannabis in the air path, smoke rising from the combustion should be the only way it should dirty the balls. Drawing on the stem would pull the smoke away from the combustion and the balls. Still, they are close in proximity, literally, right next to one another, so it's not impossible, especially if the combustion results in embers that continue to smoke...

Jojofernz

I'm a little surprised if the balls themselves suffer much in a combustion event. Seeing that they are the heating source and come before the cannabis in the air path, smoke rising from the combustion should be the only way it should dirty the balls. Drawing on the stem would pull the smoke away from the combustion and the balls. Still, they are close in proximity, literally, right next to one another, so it's not impossible, especially if the combustion results in embers that continue to smoke...
With or without combustion I think the biggest mess to them comes when heating it in the wand and if particles are falling onto the screen or even bits getting past the screen.

I think with flower and ensuring the pack isn’t just falling out, they should rarely get dirty but if you’re running concentrates more through it possible it leaks down onto them?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: TedJones

RedZep

I’m going to dissent on that. That sort of thing was hilarious in fifth grade but in grown ass men is just kind of juvenile and might be part of the reason that there appears to be few women on this site.
Yes, women all stayed away from FC since it's Inception due to a shared prescient understanding that one day a specific portable ball vape would appear, and three mild innuendos would be made.

rebelFarmer

With or without combustion I think the biggest mess to them comes when heating it in the wand and if particles are falling onto the screen or even bits getting past the screen.

I think with flower and ensuring the pack isn’t just falling out, they should rarely get dirty but if you’re running concentrates more through it possible it leaks down onto them?
That is my experience, hash sticks to the top of the screen sometimes (debowler still handles it) and sometimes flower sticks up their too. I agree in theory it is marginal but it does happen.

I will try and clean them someday but doubt it will be anytime soon :p ! I guess I will know then if it is worth it to me. I always ran my stuff on the dirtier side of most online it seems and am ok with that (lazy? LOL)

rebelFarmer,

RedZep

Interesting timing but I just had my first ball mishap also. I debowled too hard and screen dislodged. Luckily all the balls went into the Reload. But I need to sift through it and get them back before my next bowl.

I have the OG rudimentary ball screen, which as you can see is just a screen shoved in. So I don't think this will necessarily be valuable as a warning to anyone.

Beansuppa

Interesting timing but I just had my first ball mishap also. I debowled too hard and screen dislodged. Luckily all the balls went into the Reload. But I need to sift through it and get them back before my next bowl.

I have the OG rudimentary ball screen, which as you can see is just a screen shoved in. So I don't think this will necessarily be valuable as a warning to anyone.

So TIL that other folks' Tempests have different ball screens. Mine looks like a bigger dynavap tip CCD.

What happened to the cap that necessitated the debowler being used on it? That is super unfortunate lmao

Beansuppa,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Jojofernz

So TIL that other folks' Tempests have different ball screens. Mine looks like a bigger dynavap tip CCD.

What happened to the cap that necessitated the debowler being used on it? That is super unfortunate lmao
I think his is super early beta and that’s why

Jojofernz,

RedZep

I have one of the first beta units sent out, before the specially made ball screen existed. The new screens looks much better than mine. Mine is just a temporary solution. I'm actually surprised I went three months and it only happened once.

I normally give the ball screen a light scrape with the de-bowler. I should probably just give it a little tap in future.

TedJones

I’ve combusted a bit with another portable and here are the zirc’s that are a bit discolored. Could have been some specs of abv up in there too. Still work just fine but won’t ever be as clean as when they were new.

TedJones,
Reactions: ezpz

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This makes sense, and especially if one is using a fine grind. I always use a medium grind and I think I'm probably less likely to dirty my balls or their chamber.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Yeah, you can avoid all of this by just avoiding pointing the tip towards the ground, while heating it or otherwise. If you let gravity do the work for you then no bits can ever get up there.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Jojofernz

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While that may be true, I think the vast majority of people using the wand will be putting their Tempest or other device into the wand rather than putting the wand on the Tempest. It is easier and more intuitive. I have not been a fan of fine grind anyway, and my medium grind does not seem to get past the ball screen.
The biggest upside to doing it your way is the ability to see the VI more easily without pulling the tempest to look at it, but I haven't (yet) found that necessary. I am new to watching the VI, however, and that may change.

RedZep

While that may be true, I think the vast majority of people using the wand will be putting their Tempest or other device into the wand rather than putting the wand on the Tempest. It is easier and more intuitive. I have not been a fan of fine grind anyway, and my medium grind does not seem to get past the ball screen.
The biggest upside to doing it your way is the ability to see the VI more easily without pulling the tempest to look at it, but I haven't (yet) found that necessary. I am new to watching the VI, however, and that may change.
Aye, I admittedly often cram too much in, and don't leave a slight gap between material and ball screen. It's why I normally give it a little scrape with de-bowler. I think it's just a bad habit. Still, didn't seem like I needed to clean the balls often. I will try keep on top of it more now I know how easy it is. Medium grind for me also. No urge to experiment with grind.

RedZep,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah, it's not intuitive to heat with the tip facing up but worth it I feel. Even if stuff doesn't get past the ball screen, if it's touching it then it'll likely combust and introduce a slight char to the taste. This used to drive me crazy until I figured it out and now I just avoid the conditions for it happening.

Once you take that first hit, you can be a bit more liberal with pointing the tip down because the flower gets all shriveled and sticky.

TigoleBitties,

techtoker

The problem with smaller one would be the heat retention more than the draw resistance. If the sic balls are too small maybe they work more like the 3mm zirc.
I think im going to order 100 2mm balls again to try it
Hey @kokolokokolokon, where did you order them from? I've been wanting to get some replacements just in case a ball accident happens to me (again).

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but has anyone found screen replacements for the bowl?

techtoker,

TankeyPankey

@Brenyo with the debowler now being attached to the leather case, is it still a separate add on? Or is it just part of every leather case? Are there any concept sketches of what it'll look like?

TankeyPankey,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo with the debowler now being attached to the leather case, is it still a separate add on? Or is it just part of every leather case? Are there any concept sketches of what it'll look like?
Yes it's still separate.
I don't have a sketch or a good way of showing it yet, it's only in my head until the click disc is ready. I tend to change things too many times :D
You can pull it out easily from next to the Tempest and use it as a debowler or screwdriver. It will be Ti, matched in color to the Tempest and when it's in place you'll only see the Mad logo.

Yeah, it's not intuitive to heat with the tip facing up but worth it I feel. Even if stuff doesn't get past the ball screen, if it's touching it then it'll likely combust and introduce a slight char to the taste. This used to drive me crazy until I figured it out and now I just avoid the conditions for it happening.

If it's combusting on the ball screen then I'd suggest pushing the adapter higher so the top of the balls are not as hot. You may need to slightly increase the timer as well.

You could try to put a bowl screen under the ball screen which should help with bits falling down without restricting the airflow too much, however it might be easier to just put the cap in ISO as well along with the stem.

Last edited:

RedZep

Decided to just clean the tip and cap last night. I'm going to clean the stem less to let the honey gather along the spiral. I want to try wiping it up with a nug before vaping it (idea came from another poster several pages back). Saturday morning is marked for scheduled lift off.

Cleaning tip and cap together makes a lot of sense, as you can rapid dry then with a heat cycle also.

Top Bottom