The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Shorner

I don´t know what the problem was, the code was correct ;)
I was really disappointed at first, cause I should have had a concert at this time today, but I got sick and so I thought, the upside is to order a Tempest :)
But all is well now, Brenyo´s got my back, this guy is absolutley fantastic! :)
I pressed send the code to mobile number and a 4 digit code kept popping up which I put in.and had a different code resent at least 10 times until they finally sold out I then saw a post saying they were up again yet again the code didn't work...I finally read the actual text message and it was a 6 digit code and not a 4 digit code🤣🤣so fuck knows what that 4 digit code that kept popping up.was🤣
Oh well I managed to snag one in the end.

Jojofernz

Question, since there won’t be a manual with these pre release kits, is this FC thread probably the best place to look through for useful info on it haha?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: lluther

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Question, since there won’t be a manual with these pre release kits, is this FC thread probably the best place to look through for useful info on it haha?
There is a link included with the kit for the unfinished manual.

Thanks for all the orders, I guess I should've got more again... hopefully it'll be ready soon! :tup:

This is how the indicator moves in the wand:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Just removed the click disc from mine, it was quite a ways off from where I've dialed in with the visual indicator. I've been running bypass helix tube at 555 on the wand; that usually brings me in right before the second mark, I get nice tasty pulls with vapor tailing off a bit as it cools; then I torch it back up to the second mark and get thick full extraction. Let it cool off and sometimes dump some of the spent material and I can get another full cycle of the tasty beginnings to roasty completion!

mcscruffy

There is a link included with the kit for the unfinished manual.

Thanks for all the orders, I guess I should've got more again... hopefully it'll be ready soon! :tup:

This is how the indicator moves in the wand:

Having finally had a chance to enjoy this out of a small confined negative-pressure space, I'm of the same mind I was before but have also discovered another thing to like about the Tempest-Wand combo... if you cut the bottom two rings as @Brenyo suggested so you can see the indicator while heating, the flashing light from the wand allows you to easily see the temperature indicator in pitch-black darkness during heating to keep the follow up heat cycles in check flawlessly.

My wife did burn her hand last night her first attempt using it despite my safety warnings, so I would suggest making it *abundantly* clear what areas to NOT touch if anyone has someone try it that is not used to the style of vape.

TedJones

Yea I WAS going to wait for it to be completed and was eying green primary w/ Ti secondary. The all Ti is slick though and could throw some color on it later ;) I’ve been “skim lurking” here without paying too much to preferred settings, but will go back more thoroughly. I’ve found searching This Thread, along with Member (name) .. is useful :tup:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yea I WAS going to wait for it to be completed and was eying green primary w/ Ti secondary. The all Ti is slick though and could throw some color on it later ;) I’ve been “skim lurking” here without paying too much to preferred settings, but will go back more thoroughly. I’ve found searching This Thread, along with Member (name) .. is useful :tup:
Curious have you been sneak checking in on Redzep :)

VapingYogi,
Reactions: TedJones

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Took a few more pictures of the green version I got with much better lighting.

I have never been into green but I don't mind that its not too green for me
Was thinking about unfollowing this thread and wait for the release but I checked out the timer on the website, put it in my cart and got one. Couldn’t resist. Now the long wait for it too get to my home.
Its hard to resist temptation when you want something and you know its going to be a while

VapingYogi,

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
welcome and awesome, long time lurker or new recruit because of the Tempest?
We could say long time lurker. Liked to check what people have to say before buying...started in 2014 with Arizer Solo, then HerborizerTi...later switched to Qaromashop and Mighty, but I recently sold Mighty as I want something small and battery free for my portable, and Tempest seemed like a great option.

BushRanger,
Reactions: RxPlorer

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
We could say long time lurker. Liked to check what people have to say before buying...started in 2014 with Arizer Solo, then HerborizerTi...later switched to Qaromashop and Mighty, but I recently sold Mighty as I want something small and battery free for my portable, and Tempest seemed like a great option.
I have a QaromapShop myself, good device but, in another room so o have to go walking to get it, so I used to use my anvil (still do occasionally) but the Tempest has taken over most of the time. Nice to meet you mate.

bhasma

I love all Mad Heaters products and I'm sure the Tempest will be no exception. I have plenty of vapes, but I'll be getting a Tempest as soon as it's finally released. The various reviews are all interesting, although some comments have left me wondering. And my own comments have been misinterpreted. Explaining explanations is tedious, but I hate misunderstanding.

@RedZep
Yes, I know you think the Anvil is "conduction heavy" and I haven't suggested otherwise (although I don't agree and have explained why). And I thought that "speedy" and "head spinning" were "heady" effects, but I have clearly misunderstood. If those apparently cerebral effects are not related to a heady signature then I suppose it can only be potency, but when the Sticky Brick, Anvil and Tempest are all potent vapes I don't understand why the Tempest always feels grounded while the other vapes can induce spinning out. Perhaps it is the speed of extraction, but you have done one hit extractions with the Tempest without such problems, so I don't understand your experience (and perhaps I shouldn't try). Everyone's physiology is different, and the way in which a device is used can make quite a difference, which complicates the subjective assessment of any signature. But I don't think that vape signatures operate in anything like the quantum realm where all possible outcomes are true. And an objective assessment of degrees of roasting is certainly possible by direct observation rather than subjective feelings.

@Ann_evans96
I certainly don't claim that effects are the same regardless of heating method, except in the case of riding the line, where everything is extracted to the verge of combustion. And your criticism misrepresents what I have said. Everything is everything, and if the effects are different then the extraction must be different and something is being lost or left behind. Is there really a different effect from an almost charred RTL hit from an Anvil, a Tinymight, or any other vape? If there is a difference that everyone apparently knows, then I don't notice it, and it seems to defy rational explanation. The taste might be different on the way to such a complete extraction, but the final effect is the same.

And I listed different varieties of herb, different temperatures, different modes of heating, and different vapes, as all causing different flavours and feelings (i.e. different signatures), attributing the cause of all such signature variations to different proportions of active compounds. I know that convection and conduction feel different, but also that different temperatures in both heating scenarios can make just as much difference to the feeling. I'm not sure where the logic is missing.

@RxPlorer
You did say that vapes with conduction feel more body stoney than full convection vapes using the same flower, as opposed to the more heady stone of the Tempest. I could have chosen another example of this truism, but yours was near at hand. And I assumed the general equations: conduction = more body stone, and convection = more heady stone. But there are other contributions to the signature and the feelings themselves are not exclusively related to the manner of heating. This seems to be true, and I'm not sure of your disagreement.

And what was I on about? Well, my last post was trying to explain one paragraph in a previous longer post considering the nature of signatures. RedZep seemed to object, and my "clarification" drew a stronger objection. As explained above, I had wrongly assumed that head spinning was a heady effect (perhaps a failure of grammatical logic). But I stand by the other seven paragraphs, which shouldn't be controversial. And I think there was also confusion over the equivalence of terms. Convection might imply a heady effect, but a heady effect needn't mean convection; and likewise for conduction and body effects.

Dynavap is basically conduction, but there's a difference between low temperature (more heady) and high temperature (more body) effects. And Tinymight is basically convection and its heady effects always make me smile, but a light roast in the Anvil does the same.

In the Anvil thread I have considered the degree of conduction, which varies with heating, timing and airflow. And with a light roast it is mostly convection, but a dark roast (from examining the herb after heating without inhaling) can have up to half of the herb lightly roasted by conduction.

And Brenyo has explained that the Tempest also has some conduction, ensuring an even roast, but some comments seem to dismiss that fact. And the potential to add more conduction by different heating has been discussed. I don't doubt that the Tempest works mainly by convection, but exactly how much conduction contributes to the heating and the actual bowl temperature remain unknown, and if no one wants to try the suggested experiment (removing convection from the equation) I'll have to wait until I get a Tempest to see for myself.

This response took my addled old brain quite a while (and many Anvil hits) to formulate, not wanting to cause more confusion, and the thread is racing ahead, but I hope that any misunderstanding is now understood.

Ann_evans96

@bhasma

Reading your response, there’s a fundamental disagreement we have here.

You believe that there isn’t a difference in effect solely between convection and conduction style extraction. You use an RTL hit (full extraction of psychoactive compounds) with convection versus conduction, and yourself not being able to feel any difference as an example of this. You then theorise that the supposed differences myself and others feel can instead be ascribed to the different variables you mention.

That’s fine but I disagree. For me there is a clear difference in effects with convection and conduction independent of other variables, one which I do feel.

That is also what I mention when I say there’s a gap in the logic that can explain this difference adequately. I’m sure eventually we’ll understand why, but currently we do not. You yourself even state that it defies rational explanation. That is currently the case, I agree with you. There is not a satisfactory explanation.

So here we have the source of our disagreement. My opinion is underpinned by being able to feel said difference, while yours is underpinned by not being able to feel it. That is subjective on both sides.

That’s just fine. We’re all different. That also means we will have to agree to disagree, as this is a somewhat circular discussion which is also off topic.

Last edited:

RedZep

I love all Mad Heaters products and I'm sure the Tempest will be no exception. I have plenty of vapes, but I'll be getting a Tempest as soon as it's finally released. The various reviews are all interesting, although some comments have left me wondering. And my own comments have been misinterpreted. Explaining explanations is tedious, but I hate misunderstanding.

@RedZep
Yes, I know you think the Anvil is "conduction heavy" and I haven't suggested otherwise (although I don't agree and have explained why). And I thought that "speedy" and "head spinning" were "heady" effects, but I have clearly misunderstood. If those apparently cerebral effects are not related to a heady signature then I suppose it can only be potency, but when the Sticky Brick, Anvil and Tempest are all potent vapes I don't understand why the Tempest always feels grounded while the other vapes can induce spinning out. Perhaps it is the speed of extraction, but you have done one hit extractions with the Tempest without such problems, so I don't understand your experience (and perhaps I shouldn't try). Everyone's physiology is different, and the way in which a device is used can make quite a difference, which complicates the subjective assessment of any signature. But I don't think that vape signatures operate in anything like the quantum realm where all possible outcomes are true. And an objective assessment of degrees of roasting is certainly possible by direct observation rather than subjective feelings.

@Ann_evans96
I certainly don't claim that effects are the same regardless of heating method, except in the case of riding the line, where everything is extracted to the verge of combustion. And your criticism misrepresents what I have said. Everything is everything, and if the effects are different then the extraction must be different and something is being lost or left behind. Is there really a different effect from an almost charred RTL hit from an Anvil, a Tinymight, or any other vape? If there is a difference that everyone apparently knows, then I don't notice it, and it seems to defy rational explanation. The taste might be different on the way to such a complete extraction, but the final effect is the same.

And I listed different varieties of herb, different temperatures, different modes of heating, and different vapes, as all causing different flavours and feelings (i.e. different signatures), attributing the cause of all such signature variations to different proportions of active compounds. I know that convection and conduction feel different, but also that different temperatures in both heating scenarios can make just as much difference to the feeling. I'm not sure where the logic is missing.

@RxPlorer
You did say that vapes with conduction feel more body stoney than full convection vapes using the same flower, as opposed to the more heady stone of the Tempest. I could have chosen another example of this truism, but yours was near at hand. And I assumed the general equations: conduction = more body stone, and convection = more heady stone. But there are other contributions to the signature and the feelings themselves are not exclusively related to the manner of heating. This seems to be true, and I'm not sure of your disagreement.

And what was I on about? Well, my last post was trying to explain one paragraph in a previous longer post considering the nature of signatures. RedZep seemed to object, and my "clarification" drew a stronger objection. As explained above, I had wrongly assumed that head spinning was a heady effect (perhaps a failure of grammatical logic). But I stand by the other seven paragraphs, which shouldn't be controversial. And I think there was also confusion over the equivalence of terms. Convection might imply a heady effect, but a heady effect needn't mean convection; and likewise for conduction and body effects.

Dynavap is basically conduction, but there's a difference between low temperature (more heady) and high temperature (more body) effects. And Tinymight is basically convection and its heady effects always make me smile, but a light roast in the Anvil does the same.

In the Anvil thread I have considered the degree of conduction, which varies with heating, timing and airflow. And with a light roast it is mostly convection, but a dark roast (from examining the herb after heating without inhaling) can have up to half of the herb lightly roasted by conduction.

And Brenyo has explained that the Tempest also has some conduction, ensuring an even roast, but some comments seem to dismiss that fact. And the potential to add more conduction by different heating has been discussed. I don't doubt that the Tempest works mainly by convection, but exactly how much conduction contributes to the heating and the actual bowl temperature remain unknown, and if no one wants to try the suggested experiment (removing convection from the equation) I'll have to wait until I get a Tempest to see for myself.

This response took my addled old brain quite a while (and many Anvil hits) to formulate, not wanting to cause more confusion, and the thread is racing ahead, but I hope that any misunderstanding is now understood.
I'll keep this short. As this is really taking off topic now as we are getting into vape theory :D also I'll quickly state that in no way are we in some kind of argument. It's fun talking about these things. But if we want to continue in a deep sense we should probably take it to DM's which I would be happy to do.

I think the discrepancy between our understanding is that we ascribe different variables to signature. You seem to be ascribing signature purely to potency and convection/conduction. I believe it's a combination of many things... potency, convection/conduction, speed of delivery, materials, heat source, terp extraction, vapour path, bowl size, extraction window, air restriction, and a bunch of others I can't even fathom.

Either way vapes behave differently in effects, even when it seems like they shouldn't.

Also don't mistake my use of "grounded" to mean lacking power. This vape is a powerhouse.

Again if you want to discuss further, let's take it to DM's. I'll be happy to discuss.

Top Bottom