The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

rebelFarmer

Long term lurker at FC, just registered as I intend to catch the kit on Friday, on a break until Dec 1st so will be the perfect treat for the end of it! Very excited, this looks like the device I have been dreaming of. I use a dynavap with dosing caps with rubies in em for vaping hashish so this seems like the vape I have dreamed of!

Excited!

bhasma

Returning to heat indicators, Dynavap clickers are not separately tuned and apparently click at around 190 - 200°C, and the Anvil has custom clickers each indicating a different temperature, although the exact temperatures have not been revealed. The known click temperatures of the Tempest (170°C and 210°C), especially combined with the progressive visual indicator (from 100°C to 240°C), gives a much better idea of heating than any other purely mechanical device. And searching for bimetallic coil indicators it seems that only the Plenty employs something similar in its analog thermometer.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Adds resistance, reduces flavor

Yes…but not that much. I’m dialing in my technique with my Tempest and am now getting flavor better than all my other vapes save only ZX. And I have never hit Tempest without the SCU.

ETA: currently doing a lower initial soak (535 on the wand), then I let it settle for maybe ten seconds and get a super flavorful but whispy(er) first pull, hit it with a single flame until it gets up to second score mark on mine, thick flavorful hit. Then I let it cool way down and run it through the wand again. Rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

harmando

Not sure if it’s honeymoon or what but I haven’t picked up any other vape since getting this last week.

Most flavorful hit for me came from closing the air intake in the cap fully… There is a lot of resistance, kinda like a packed DV with the airport closed, but the flavor is amazing… the balls seem to stay hot longer as well. Currently using the helix with scu, I bet direct tube would be even tastier!!

mcscruffy

Yes…but not that much. I’m dialing in my technique with my Tempest and am now getting flavor better than all my other vapes save only ZX. And I have never hit Tempest without the SCU.

ETA: currently doing a lower initial soak (535 on the wand), then I let it settle for maybe ten seconds and get a super flavorful but whispy(er) first pull, hit it with a single flame until it gets up to second score mark on mine, thick flavorful hit. Then I let it cool way down and run it through the wand again. Rinse, repeat.
There's a reason I've yet to take my SCU out! It is more than satisfying flavor with it in and I'll take any extra cooling I can get if I'm hitting it really hard.

techtoker

Welp, I just did my second cleaning, and after finishing my first bowl, the ball screen and all the balls fell out and scattered everywhere.

I think I found most of the balls, but now I can't get the screen back on. I haven't taken it off before, so not sure how it goes.

Aaaand the screen is all bent and busted too. Sad times. ☹️

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Welp, I just did my second cleaning, and after finishing my first bowl, the ball screen and all the balls fell out and scattered everywhere.

I think I found most of the balls, but now I can't get the screen back on. I haven't taken it off before, so not sure how it goes.

Aaaand the screen is all bent and busted too. Sad times. ☹️
It’s important to keep the screen flat and not to over tighten it otherwise there is no friction and it can just come loose. If you have a reload roll it over the screen from both sides repeatedly to flatten it

techtoker

It’s important to keep the screen flat and not to over tighten it otherwise there is no friction and it can just come loose. If you have a reload roll it over the screen from both sides repeatedly to flatten it

Thanks for the tip and reply! Trying to flatten it now. I felt such despair when everything fell out.

Is the ball screen supposed to screw in? I never actually loosened it on purpose..

techtoker,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Thanks for the tip and reply! Trying to flatten it now. I felt such despair when everything fell out.

Is the ball screen supposed to screw in? I never actually loosened it on purpose..
Yes it screws in, you can use the reload debowler if you have it. Try to keep it centered and push it slightly to start screwing it into the thread.

It was probably me then, I think I might have over tightened a few before realising this. Sorry! :uhoh:

Everyone with a tempest please make sure that there is enough friction with your screen and that it doesn’t screw out too easily. If it just turns smoothly without friction please flatten it and re-insert, it has to be almost completely flat, not concave. Only tighten it finger-tight until it’s touching the balls.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Its a really small review as I like to work things out properly before I start expressing my feelings, but I am finding that the feeling you get from the Tempest is actually stronger than you would expect from so little product

Are there any hardcore Anvil RTL users that have recieved a Tempest yet ? Does it hit as hard that's what I want to know 🤔
I just had a hit from the tempest that reminded me of when I use my Anvil and I remembered you asked this question, what do you mean "hit harder" exactly?

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Anyone here try the Tempest head with the SKCreations V2 XL iSpire wand insert? (Wow that's a mouthful to type out!)
It's supposed to work with the Dyna Armored Cap so hoping it fits the Tempest too: https://www.skullkandyvapor.com/dynavap

And also curious how hot the revolve Gen 2 wood stem or glass stem get with the Tempest head.
as the new glass is thicker I expect the glass would get warm, I have a 12mm wood stem and revolve gen 2 so I'll hookem up later

Last edited:

garett

After reading about the Ball screens, i was checking mine. It sits tight, but one fin of the screen is bent in a bit. I screwed it off and tried to flatten it, which work fine. But after installing it, the same fin is bent in again. I can also hear the balls rattle, but i heard that before too. The screen sits tight, but can the bent fin lead to become a loose screen?

garett,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
After reading about the Ball screens, i was checking mine. It sits tight, but one fin of the screen is bent in a bit. I screwed it off and tried to flatten it, which work fine. But after installing it, the same fin is bent in again. I can also hear the balls rattle, but i heard that before too. The screen sits tight, but can the bent fin lead to become a loose screen?
mine is concave but its relatively tight so I feel secure its not going to drop out

VapingYogi,
Top Bottom