The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

garett

@VapingYogi awesome you finally got yours. Curious about your opinion.

I think my preferred way is closed airflow on the cap, and open at the mouthpiece. First few draws i hold the airhole and do MTL and then feathering. In This way the flavor is really awesome till the end. Yesterday it was not that cold and windy, and i had a really long session with one heat up. The clouds were phenomenal, Tinymight like tbh. Today i can test it indoors together with a friend.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I think this vape is exactly what I’m looking for to end my VAS.
If only that was how VAS works :p my partner threatened to write up a contract recently, that will restrict my purchases, for a time to be determined by her at "a later date" because of the amount of time I have been spending of FC, she said something about being worried I'd throw the bank at the computer trying to get the things I want, I said "so can I borrow your credit card?" and I copped a jelly bean to the head :)

RedZep

@RedZep did you do a teardown video? was thinking, every person who gets the Tempest (regardless of kit) will need to take the Tempest apart, clean it (as per the instructions) and then reconstruct it. I was just wondering if anyone had done a video of the tear down process or the reconstruction process for those people who have two left thumbs?

Yes I am asking because my test kit just arrived and I was taking it apart and... *laughs* I was holding it like it was precious and I would some how break it, break titanium *shakes head*... I was being so gentle the radiator and heat shield didn't want to come apart, I could see them moving but I hesitated because I didn't want to break it... I am still laughing at myself.. its apart, I took the one o-ring that isn't iso safe - just out of habit and its (about to be thrown) in a bath of of ISO to get it cleaned up.

Anyway... I just thought someone who hasn't had a Revolve, might get confused as to how to take it apart or put it back together and a little video intro would be useful... something for later... that... and the basics of using the wand, emptying and reloading when hot etc.

Also, @Brenyo just wondering about maintenance, that o-ring inside the cooling unit where the helix tube slots in, my (non-mechanical brain) wonders how often that one might need to be changed? it doesn't look like its in the airpath itself so I guess it shouldn't really get to dirty so it should have a longish life span.
Congrats! Glad you will soon get to try it.

My parts are still drying. I don't mind recording putting it together again later. It's very intuitive once you've done it to be honest. All the parts line up in clear ways. Each part has two distinct ends also.

Only trouble I recall having was removing MP. Mine needed a good strong pull first time. I was afraid I was going to damage something, but that was silly as all parts seem unbreakable to be honest.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Only trouble I recall having was removing MP. Mine needed a good strong pull first time. I was afraid I was going to damage something, but that was silly as all parts seem unbreakable to be honest.
that was my second point other than the heat shield where I was being to gentle; getting them apart was hared than the Revolve Gen 2 (as I got that out beside it to double check I wasn't breaking something - yeah titanium *shakes head*) and I agree its easy once you have done it but again, think of the person who hasn't don't it before, we questioned things and we had an idea.

VapingYogi,

PossumMD

I'm basically all in on picking one up this weekend then getting the rest of the goodies later on. Then again, it's my birthday this Saturday and I intend to get druuuuuuunk, so I may sleep through the drop hahahaha.

Billazoot

If only that was how VAS works :p my partner threatened to write up a contract recently, that will restrict my purchases, for a time to be determined by her at "a later date" because of the amount of time I have been spending of FC, she said something about being worried I'd throw the bank at the computer trying to get the things I want, I said "so can I borrow your credit card?" and I copped a jelly bean to the head :)
Oh my god! That’s hilarious. I’d say I’m lucky not to have a partner, but I’ve EASILY spent nearly £5000 on vapes. You name it I’ve probably tried it. Like most, it all started with a £50 dynavap M which probably tells you how long I’ve been afflicted :p They should have a warning on the packaging, proper gateway drugs them ones

Although… the anvil seems to have killed my hybrid vape VAS, I’ve not looked at another hybrid since this thing landed. I’m hoping the tempest does the same for my convection vape VAS!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Also, @Brenyo just wondering about maintenance, that o-ring inside the cooling unit where the helix tube slots in, my (non-mechanical brain) wonders how often that one might need to be changed? it doesn't look like its in the airpath itself so I guess it shouldn't really get to dirty so it should have a longish life span.
Probably never, only if you tear it somehow.
getting them apart was hared than the Revolve Gen 2
The o-ring that holds the airflow tube is a bit tighter now so when you pull it out of the leather case holding the MP you won't pull them apart slightly from the CU.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Oh my god! That’s hilarious. I’d say I’m lucky not to have a partner, but I’ve EASILY spent nearly £5000 on vapes. You name it I’ve probably tried it. Like most, it all started with a £50 dynavap M which probably tells you how long I’ve been afflicted :p They should have a warning on the packaging, proper gateway drugs them ones

Although… the anvil seems to have killed my hybrid vape VAS, I’ve not looked at another hybrid since this thing landed. I’m hoping the tempest does the same for my convection vape VAS!
I tend to give away vapes as they are replaced in my rotation, I only keep things I use or where I have made up a specific scenario that this particular vape would be perfect for but that situation never happens - but it might! I understand however.

Last edited:

Billazoot

I tend to give away vapes as they are replaced in my rotation, I only keep things I use or where I have made up a specific scenario that this particular vape would be perfect for but that situation never happens - but it might! I understand however.

Oh yeah, I’ve kept the anvil, DV, wand and TA. And the supreme.

I’ve had a very active eBay seller page over the years:rofl:

Your tempest looks incredible by the way!

Mine is going to be all black with the rosewood sleeve, and I’ll get a custom wooden tube case made to hold the smell

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Finally it arrived :clap:

The black coating is coming off very easily on the inside of the black debowler unfortunately. It would be fine for the final models but I decided to not to include these with the kit or make them available at all. I'm not keen on the looks and it gives extra mass to the bowl so it's another variable. The debowler will be attached to the leather case somehow, I'm working on it now. If you have a Reload it's not needed anyway.

You can push the heat shield slightly further down to make the airport centred on the opening of the heat shield. Probably just my OCD :D

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Finally it arrived :clap:

The black coating is coming off very easily on the inside of the black debowler unfortunately. It would be fine for the final models but I decided to not to include these with the kit or make them available at all. I'm not keen on the looks and it gives extra mass to the bowl so it's another variable. The debowler will be attached to the leather case somehow, I'm working on it now. If you have a Reload it's not needed anyway.

You can push the heat shield slightly further down to make the airport centred on the opening of the heat shield. Probably just my OCD :D
I put the debowler on for the photo (MAD nice front and centre) and I will follow the makers instruction and fix the gap

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Smknbud

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Sorry for all the website traffic @Brenyo, I keep looking to see if I can play dress up with the Tempest customiser to tide me over until release. Do you have an idea when this will be ready? I'm grasping for anything to make the wait a little bit easier :lol:
I’ve yet to pick the final colors, still waiting for some samples. Probably in the next 2-3 weeks :)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So there’s another drop this weekend? Have logistical details been released?
there was an update on the Test kit page, the next pre-release kits are expected to drop on the 18th, more info will be shared [on the Tempest Test Kit] page by Friday.

VapingYogi,

PossumMD

Link to the test kit page?

Also, @Brenyo you make the installation of the newer click discs look relatively easy, yet I am somewhat confused as to how the whole process is. Will there be written instructions to go with these? Or a video with narration to explain what exactly is happening? Cos right now I'm a bit wary of the process.

PossumMD,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will there be written instructions to go with these? Or a video with narration to explain what exactly is happening? Cos right now I'm a bit wary of the process.
I plan do make a full assembly / disassembly video, but I can’t promise that it’s going to be ready for the release.

@Brenyo, are the tempest glass sleeves the same as the revolve v2 glass sleeves?
No, it’s 1mm wider in diameter and borosilicate instead of quartz.

Top Bottom