The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Yes, should be available with the tempest

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH A COCOBOLO STEM, IM SOOOO STOKED !!!

Will the pre-sale include the coco stem? And any guess when it'll start?

My Dyna days are over, so have no need. I had joy with the Anvil. With a bowl from 0.075-0.15 I need the vape to be able to completely extract in a heat cycle. Otherwise it's just not worth my effort.

I plan to get the full Titanium Tempest day one though. If this thing can extract 0.15g in one cycle, and cool effectively enough to be reasonably comfortable, then it will be the new standard of butane vapes.

Infact that would put its performance against something like a Couchlog with waterpiece. For a portable that's just nuts imo.

People can mention the Anvil. But the Anvil had some glaring design problems, all bettered by tempest. I won't go into great detail as this thread isn't for that. But I see the Anvil as an important middle step towards this evolution of the form and format.
I was even considering getting a ball injector vape like the b0/1/2, and now im like .. meh lets wait for some comparison reviews with the tempest.

RedZep

I was even considering getting a ball injector vape like the b0/1/2, and now im like .. meh lets wait for some comparison reviews with the tempest.
I have a B-zero. You know what I've learned with ball vapes. They perform their best around 0.1-0.175g. Better extraction and better high. More than that is a waste. And needs loads of stirring, and a much bigger glass piece to cool.

It's why there is a lot of attention on the 14mm ball vapes and the Couchlog recently. It just hits the sweet spot.

The Tempest is targeting that sweet spot. I think your decision has merit. You might just find the Tempest gives you everything you want from a ball vape. It will certainly be easier to clean which is a big plus for me. I detest the upkeep of large glass pieces for ball vapes. Tempest for me will just go in a dube tube with hot water and dish detergent each night.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have a B-zero. You know what I've learned with ball vapes. They perform their best around 0.1-0.175g. Better extraction and better high. More than that is a waste. And needs loads of stirring, and a much bigger glass piece to cool.

It's why there is a lot of attention on the 14mm ball vapes and the Couchlog recently. It just hits the sweet spot.

The Tempest is targeting that sweet spot. I think your decision has merit. You might just find the Tempest gives you everything you want from a ball vape. It will certainly be easier to clean which is a big plus for me. I detest the upkeep of large glass pieces for ball vapes. Tempest for me will just go in a dube tube with hot water and dish detergent each night.
I have the Stunner which along with the Thermal Accumulator is the closest thing to the Tempest that's available now. The Stunner is amazing and I reach for it often so I've no doubt the Tempest will be great too.

Also as you mentioned, I'm currently looking into getting a Couchlog because I was so impressed with the Stunner.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer

Thanks for your reply. Well, tbh, I was thinking about using it with a glass piece, but something simple (to clean) like a globe / cube XL. But perhaps natively will be fine as well, seeing as the revolve still offers the best cooling of any stem.

OGablogian,
Reactions: RedZep

leanpubpackage

Yeah I don’t use my ball vapes anymore for the reasons you listed, which is why I am SO intrigued by the tempest. I’m a fan of narrower bowls

RedZep

Thanks for your reply. Well, tbh, I was thinking about using it with a glass piece, but something simple (to clean) like a globe / cube XL. But perhaps natively will be fine as well, seeing as the revolve still offers the best cooling of any stem.
That would probably be overkill 2bh. With all the cooling of the tempest stem also. It's possible to cool vapour too much, so that it condenses and you lose potency. For me a j-hook would be better for those seeking more cooling. Just put an o-ring on the Tempest.

This is all theoretical before release. For me if the stem cools enough, then I will be native user. I love elegance in set ups.

RedZep,
Reactions: Zagala

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The device was left in the wand a fair while after the click. How did you time when to take it out?

Also on the title it says the device is uncalibrated, what will calibration change in the release model?
The wand is timed based on the temperature you set on it so it stops heating. At 400C it’s around 30 sec.

Calibration will change when it clicks and the movement of the visual indicator.

kokolokokolokon

Pretty sure the last couple of videos are using an updated unit that has more responsive materials to induction.
I was talking about the wand, not the tempest

I notice that the glass model doesn't have the ball vape part like the titanium one does, is that right? https://madheaters.co.uk/collections/tempest
It has the ballvape part…the ballvape part is the head, it is the vape, you can’t get a vape model without the vape…it would be the stem, or the sleeve…
This is the head:

kokolokokolokon,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Does the Tenpest require spinning, when heated with a torch?
Maybe you can record an other video with a torch?:love:
It's not necessary but turning it about 180 degrees during the heating is recommended to get the most even heating.
I thought the lower the temp the lower the timer, and at 120C the timer is around 40s 🤔
I use it until it stops blinking, time out is about 50sec and should be the same no matter the temp I think?

Last edited:

RxPlorer

It's not necessary but turning it about 180 degrees during the heating is recommended to get the most even heating.

I use it until it stops blinking, time out is about 50sec and should be the same no matter the temp I think?
That's pretty damn impressive

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Brenyo

PeePhlegm

Does the herb ever fluff up during vaping and hit the ball ccd screen and get combusted or cooked a lot more than the herb that's deeper in the bowl?

How much clearance is there from that screen to the top of the bowl?

PeePhlegm,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Does the herb ever fluff up during vaping and hit the ball ccd screen and get combusted or cooked a lot more than the herb that's deeper in the bowl?
No, unless you overheat it and compress it too much into the bowl choking the airflow. With normal use the heating is very even through the bowl.

How much clearance is there from that screen to the top of the bowl?
3mm

kokolokokolokon

The wand uses the temp as a timer but it is not a regular timer like I thought. Seems like it depends on the magnetic mass (?). I did a “quick” test.

If someone did this with a better method, please share it and the results.
I counted the blinks (i think every blink is like a second…more or less) and I chose 2 temps and 2 levels of flame (eu version). 120c and 170c (10 steps to have a simple calculation) and 1 and 2 flames for the same reason.

[The calculation is made considering that the timer is made to calculate a linear, not exponential, heating…in case this happen on the IH’s]

I don’t count the “final blink” (when the light stays on).

Stunner Zirconia balls:

-120c 18 Blinks
-170c 22 Blinks (4/10=0,4 Blink per step)

-1 Flame 22 Blinks
-2 Flames 27 Blinks (5/2=2,5 Blinks per level)

Fusion:

-120c 26 Blinks
-170c 32 Blinks (6/10=0,6 Blink per step)

-1 Flame 31 Blinks
-2 Flames 43 Blinks (12/2=6 Blinks per level)

Armored+5fin Ti tip:

-120c 21 Blinks
-170c 26 Blinks (5/10=0,5 blink per step)

-1 Flame 27 Blinks
-2 Flames 35 Blinks (8/2=4 Blinks per level)

Captive+5fin Ti tip;

-120c 28 Blinks

No more test on the captive since i can break it exposing it to a long time heating passing the second click.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
The wand uses the temp as a timer but it is not a regular timer like I thought. Seems like it depends on the magnetic mass (?). I did a “quick” test.

If someone did this with a better method, please share it and the results.
I counted the blinks (i think every blink is like a second…more or less) and I chose 2 temps and 2 levels of flame (eu version). 120c and 170c (10 steps to have a simple calculation) and 1 and 2 flames for the same reason.

[The calculation is made considering that the timer is made to calculate a linear, not exponential, heating…in case this happen on the IH’s]

I don’t count the “final blink” (when the light stays on).

Stunner Zirconia balls:

-120c 18 Blinks
-170c 22 Blinks (4/10=0,4 Blink per step)

-1 Flame 22 Blinks
-2 Flames 27 Blinks (5/2=2,5 Blinks per level)

Fusion:

-120c 26 Blinks
-170c 32 Blinks (6/10=0,6 Blink per step)

-1 Flame 31 Blinks
-2 Flames 43 Blinks (12/2=6 Blinks per level)

Armored+5fin Ti tip:

-120c 21 Blinks
-170c 26 Blinks (5/10=0,5 blink per step)

-1 Flame 27 Blinks
-2 Flames 35 Blinks (8/2=4 Blinks per level)

Captive+5fin Ti tip;

-120c 28 Blinks

No more test on the captive since i can break it exposing it to a long time heating passing the second click.
I noticed this back when I had one the timer seemed to vary even on max

Top Bottom