The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
How much does the bowl hold?

From the MadHeaters thread:

I managed to post this in the wrong thread, thanks for linking the video! :freak:

Few notes:
- indicators are not calibrated and not working as they should yet
- there will be over 60 balls in the final model
- bowl size is 0.1 / 0.175g approx, adjustable
- there will be an optional debowler on the cap
- The reload’s magnet can be used to remove the cap
- the outer SS layer is not magnetic yet on the beta so it’s slower in an IH
- It’s mainly for DL as it’s convection heavy, but can be used as an MTL device like he does on the video with the airflow adjusted to low.

Expected release before the end of the year.

RedZep

Agreed (edit, just saw it was answered).

And how does it do with micro amounts like .05?

Device looks awesome btw.
I imagine Brenyo will give a better answer. But from my experience with these style of vapes (Dynavap, Anvil) it will most likely microdose easily.

With the amount of heat stored in the balls during the heat cycle, there will be more than enough to completely vape small amounts.

The shape of the herb chamber on these kind of devices are advantageous to microdosing also, as they are taller than they are wide. Utilising a small diameter screen which can be covered by a very small amount.

Datoneguy

Is there plans for a compact carrying case that can handle the device while still hot? Just crossed my mind because I have to pocket my vapes pretty often.

Aegisz

Had my Gen 2 Reload waiting for me when I came home from work yesterday as a nice surprise, really impressed!

You can really appreciate the iterative improvemment of the design when looking side by side with the other Reloads. The threads are a great improvement, it feels vey secure and well sealed. I love the matte finish for the black and I'm looking forward to pairing it with the Tempest soon.

Cheers Brenyo, looking forward to whatever comes next!

bhasma

Excited about the Tempest release and considering the myriad of options and accessories. It seems there are three wooden sleeve designs: the Revolve Wood Sleeve, Wood Sleeve Gen 2, and a (grooved) Wood Tempest Sleeve. Is this correct?

JJ785

If i already have the revolve v2 what parts on the website will i need to have the full tempest? And is there a differance between the tempest colling unit and the revolve cooling unit?

Tempest Head (with or without optional debowler) and either of the new sleeves.

There is, the Tempest CU doesn't have the mesh and DRC feature.

Good morning, so using any compatible Revolve 2 parts within the Revolve 3 (Tempest), will hopefully work out cheaper than buying the whole Tempest?

Will using the older CU be a slight downgrade as such?

Last edited:
JJ785,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Good morning, so using any compatible Revolve 2 parts within the Revolve 3 (Tempest), will hopefully work out cheaper than buying the whole Tempest?

Will using the older CU be a slight downgrade as such?
Yes it's cheaper without the CU, there is no performance difference between them.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
After 9 heat-ups on the Wand the battery just gone down to 2 bars (on standby) which started to feel a bit weaker or you’d have to heat it longer than the timer would allow. I expect that at this point it would still work fine with the new induction compatible layer - I hope to be able to test it soon.
With the induction layer it heated up much quicker as expected and 15 times instead of 9.
Lower weight balls like ruby should be able to do at least 1 or 2 more bowls as it needs less heating time compared to zirconia.

Last edited:

RedZep

With the induction layer it heated up much quicker as expected and 15 times instead of 9.
Lower mass balls like ruby should be able to do at least 1 or 2 more bowls as it needs less heating time compared to zirconia.
Did you say zirconia was standard that ship with device?

Frosch5

I am wondering how the airflow of the Tempest is, compared to a DV. Is the airport necessary to have an open draw resistance?

RedZep

You need a Revolve @RedZep ;]
My Dyna days are over, so have no need. I had joy with the Anvil. With a bowl from 0.075-0.15 I need the vape to be able to completely extract in a heat cycle. Otherwise it's just not worth my effort.

I plan to get the full Titanium Tempest day one though. If this thing can extract 0.15g in one cycle, and cool effectively enough to be reasonably comfortable, then it will be the new standard of butane vapes.

Infact that would put its performance against something like a Couchlog with waterpiece. For a portable that's just nuts imo.

People can mention the Anvil. But the Anvil had some glaring design problems, all bettered by tempest. I won't go into great detail as this thread isn't for that. But I see the Anvil as an important middle step towards this evolution of the form and format.

Top Bottom