The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
A final question on the comment above. Are we minimum 2 months away from full release which would be minimum 2-4 weeks from the pre-order? Or minimum 2 months away from pre-order opening?
I think we can start the preorder in about 4-6 weeks and potentially shipping in 2 months.
Will bog oak be a option for the wood stems?
No, maybe in the future.

Wiggle

I placed an order on the site for the Tempest, was not aware it's not available for preorder and it was just uploaded to prepare the site for release. It let me checkout and all and gave me an order #. Should I be concerned about anything?

Wiggle,

Laggel

Will the tip fit into a VapOven? I am looking to build one but obviously only if tempest compatible

Laggel,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will the tip fit into a VapOven? I am looking to build one but obviously only if tempest compatible
It will but it's very tight. I'd recommend getting the glass for the Tempest Wand adapter and use that for the build.
It might not be very convenient to keep the button pressed for 30-40s so a "timed" IH like the Wand is a better fit for these devices I think.

alex91

I remember some complaints about the PVD Revolvers peeling and I guess the black is DLC, not PVD (correct me If I’m wrong, please), which is much more durable. I’d love to have the black titanium, but also I wouldn’t want to risk any peeling at all. Would the black (If it’s DLC) be safe to go or the raw/silver titanium would be a safer choice?

Thanks.

Last edited:
alex91,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
So MH are making there on adaptor or is there another site?
Yes, there will be a 14mm ID adapter available on the website, compatible with the Anvil as well.
I remember some complains about the PVD Revolvers peeling and I guess the black is DLC, not PVD (correct me If I’m wrong, please), which is much more durable
The parts were coated twice because they didn't manage to do it properly first and the layers didn't adhere onto each other. I've changed the company and there were no issues since. DLC is tougher than PVD but both of them are safe. If it's "peeling" or the coating is coming off it will happen straight away with an ISO clean and I replace it under warranty if that happens.
Raw is always the safest choice if you have any concerns. The other colors are now anodised, not PVD coated.

RedZep

Yes, there will be a 14mm ID adapter available on the website, compatible with the Anvil as well.

The parts were coated twice because they didn't manage to do it properly first and the layers didn't adhere onto each other. I've changed the company and there were no issues since. DLC is tougher than PVD but both of them are safe. If it's "peeling" or the coating is coming off it will happen straight away with an ISO clean and I replace it under warranty if that happens.
Raw is always the safest choice if you have any concerns. The other colors are now anodised, not PVD coated.
Will the coloured Tempest parts also be anodised?

RedZep,

RedZep

@Brenyo Would you say there is an advantage to having the heat shield be a different colour to the parts that get hot?

The Anvil benefitted from this, as it was easy to accidently touch something very hot, especially if passing to new people.

Is the Tempest similar in this way?

RedZep,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo Would you say there is an advantage to having the heat shield be a different colour to the parts that get hot?

The Anvil benefitted from this, as it was easy to accidently touch something very hot, especially if passing to new people.

Is the Tempest similar in this way?
The stem won't get hot anywhere, just the bowl and cap.

Wish.V

Can you compare between The Tempest and Revolve Gen2 with Anvil USA Kit, please.
It will be good information for me to make a decision.

Wish.V,
  • Haha
Reactions: xamlord

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Can you compare between The Tempest and Revolve Gen2 with Anvil USA Kit, please.
It will be good information for me to make a decision.
Comparing in device threads is frowned on here. Some of the info you'd like can be found here:

Although I suspect there will be more about the Tempest once it is actually released.

Wish.V

Comparing in device threads is frowned on here. Some of the info you'd like can be found here:

Although I suspect there will be more about the Tempest once it is actually released.
Thank you, I will explore more information
From that threads.😊👍🏻

Shane54club

Yes it is, however it won't look great with the Revolve Ti sleeve. The wood and glass sleeve will work and look good with it.
The Cooling Unit + MP combo is compatible with any Sleeve, including the new Tempest Ti.
The Revolve CU has the DRC and Reclaim Mesh feature, the Tempest CU doesn't as it's built into the Tempest Head. The Tempest CU is a more simplified design.

No, just working on the kit builder so I had to upload the products. We're still at least 2 months away :D
I'm waiting so much for this already it feels like eternity to me I really like your creations I'm with revolve 1 and 2 with me everyday they're geniuses Thank you for existing

PeePhlegm

Neither. It'll likely come with 2.5mm rubies only, other options are sold separately.
I see on the website that you made the decision to go with x85 zirconia ceramic balls instead of rubies, what made you decide upon the change in material?

I do think I've seen people say they prefer the ceramic as you get really tasty dense hits using it and it "dumps" the heat better also (not sure what they mean by that).

Also what mm are the zirconia balls you went with? 85 seems like a lot of balls haha

Top Bottom