The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oh my, I'm interested!!!

Futurama Buy GIF

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
I'm still not sure that this is a new TA iteration. I mean, it looks great and I certainly want/will buy one, but it looks very different from the legacy TA we have and I still hope that @phattpiggie will come up with a new drop anyway.
I personally see the Tempest as another vape, not as a TA2.

Anyway, Mike, if you're reading this, I love you! My wife and kids will understand. :D
Agreed. This seems like a different beast than the TA. I'd love to have both.

floribud

It is nice to see a portable butane ballvape with temperature indicator (the visual one is a mindfuck),
Watching CannaCareGB review/preview video and this device looks incredible.
"basically a fucking lightsabre that gets you high!" -- I like 99% believe that to be genuine, I'm all in, take my money!!

For the first time the "bottomless" aspect of the The Wand become a strength. It's like it was made for the Wand ... was it?

Last edited:

Nishno8

This thing definitely looks hella cool. What I'd like to know: will it be grade 5 titanium? I don't really want aluminium in my vape so it would be awesome if it's gonna be made of grade 2 titanium completely.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
hey the 3D and the 3D 3s from vaphotbox will be compatible with tempest
Think he was making a lighthearted joke that one of the creators of this vape promised a IH a long time ago and has done everything including releasing the revolve, reload and now this instead of the IH that was supposed to come a long time ago

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
As you can see the Tempest is the slim version I hinted at a while back.

For a while Bren and I had been bouncing ideas back and forth looking for a way to step away form the offerings available for a vape with this form factor.
I put a couple of prototypes together to prove the concept at this size then stepped back from the design work to concentrate on the TA range.
Bren has the resources to try out different ideas so he went for it.
We knew from the TA release that the Tempest had market viability.

When it comes to using readily available IH please keep an eye on the insulation layer on the work coil. We are running hotter and longer than heaters designed to work with the VC.

The rayon pucks I use look the same as when used in the TA so we've kept the convection bias.

This is my mobile IH I mentioned in the TA thread.

And with a bit of butane.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Now I'm glad I waited on the anvil. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Is M2L necessary for this vape? Is there significant draw resistance?

Last edited:

ondemander

Looks sick. I love my Revolve V2 and look forward to trying this. Based on the video it takes about 60 seconds in the Wand for the 2nd click. Hopefully there will be other IH's that can power it less time.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Based on the video it takes about 60 seconds in the Wand for the 2nd click. Hopefully there will be other IH's that can power it less time.
The outer SS layer is not magnetic yet on the beta, it should be quicker on the final model. You don’t have to wait for the timeout message (cannacare did) which is an extra 10-15 sec I think. I’m hoping to have a heat time of about 30-35s with the wand. Once you’ve set the “timer” on the wand it’s pretty much automatic, you don’t have to listen for the clicks.

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will there be a carb-less option for the stem?
Not from the Ti, there is a closed option on the stem for that. It doesn’t provide a 100% perfect seal, but it will be very close I hope so it’s not noticeable at all - it’s going to be improved over the revolve g2.

I might get a few of the new thick glass sleeves without an airport if I don’t forget, those will be 13.5mm OD and Pyrex.

Top Bottom