The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie

davesmith

Glass Blower
So heres that video. Its a half bowl at a low temp with some notes about use and heat up/cool down times.

https://streamable.com/ljwyo9

To quickly answer:

-Cool down time is up to about 5 mins

-You can vape as little as you can pack, if you really wanted to micro dose you could use a metal screen, although the unit shines with medium to large doses

-it handles traditional hash pretty well but a screen either metal or a few glass balls above the indents helps stop it melting through the gaps

E2a i cant seem to get the link to embed, im just making a new vimeo account to try and use that. Will edit when ive got it sorted.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Wait a minute! He said I got the last one lol. Well played Charlie! :rofl:
Haha yea i had to have a dig around and find the parts to make you another. Technically his was the last of this batch but i was able to put one more unit together for you.

More materials arrive monday so shouldnt be too long before the next drop for all you waiting patiently.

Keep it Tasty!

Seantagon

Haha yea i had to have a dig around and find the parts to make you another. Technically his was the last of this batch but i was able to put one more unit together for you.

More materials arrive monday so shouldnt be too long before the next drop for all you waiting patiently.

Keep it Tasty!
Nice, thanks I appreciate it! Just ordered a new bigger torch so excited!
Once the first batch is done I’ll be holding a little givaway for the initial supporters
Hoping to be invited still lol 🙌

davesmith

Glass Blower
Picked up this morning. Kids just gone to bed. 2 back to back bowls in (2nd was close to the line but sooooo good) and shit the bed im outside looking at the sky. Its good. Ill write something sensible when I come back down. Great job dude, cracking piece of kit.
Tasty Tube

This is the kinda review that makes it all worth while. Enjoy dude!

Stueylakes

This is the kinda review that makes it all worth while. Enjoy dude!
It really really can knock a bowl into smithereens. I have a ton of vapes, not many can do this Hotrod, Anvil, B2.....all require a fiddle. 20 secs big torch till good n yellow around the base of the bowl. Then do that primer toot for terps, magical then another 8-10 depending on size of bowl for kamikaze hit. Mega dude mega. Sorry about the dribble....

And then the resulting ABV was close but still a bit in there.....he he. I went to bed soon after this....

Oden

Hello glass master.
I only own one portable vaporizer which I have been using for 1 year lo. The Tetra p80 from Lamart.
And I would like to give him a new companion.
I want something completely different from the p80 because none in its category equals it.
And your vaporizer by reading the whole file, is a real favorite 😍.
How can I get your vaporizer?

Seantagon

Been enjoying my Tasty Tube for the last several days now. It’s hard to try it too often because it gets me so wrecked lol!

It took some trial and error, but the learning curve was quick. For me, I never used a bigger torch so that was the main thing.

I especially like using with the wpa, but native cools surprisingly well. The only thing about the latter is it’s easy to get little bits in the mouth (some while priming). The bowl is made up of 4 dimples and can allow some herb to pass. Also make sure to use a plastic pick! It gets better after you use it, and the inner glass gets sticky. I tried a screen from my Argo and that sits nice. Perhaps a honey comb screen could be a future option?

I uploaded a couple of videos of my set up and demo. I need a bigger rig lol. I can feel the heat on my face! This is vaping in its purest form! Thanks @davesmith for your great work and excellent customer service!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hello glass master.
I only own one portable vaporizer which I have been using for 1 year lo. The Tetra p80 from Lamart.
And I would like to give him a new companion.
I want something completely different from the p80 because none in its category equals it.
And your vaporizer by reading the whole file, is a real favorite 😍.
How can I get your vaporizer?

Hi you can DM me to see if i have a spare vape lying around but the best way is going to be through vapefiend. The second drop will be available within 2 weeks and i belive you can register with them for the updates.

As a note this thread will act as the home of my vape, all news and updates ill be sure to pop past here first to let you guys know.

Im loving all the feedback on the first batch now they're all in the wild. Thank you all for the kind and constructive words, it means a lot to me.

Big luv FC and Keep it Tasty out there.

-charlie

Oden

Hi you can DM me to see if i have a spare vape lying around but the best way is going to be through vapefiend. The second drop will be available within 2 weeks and i belive you can register with them for the updates.

As a note this thread will act as the home of my vape, all news and updates ill be sure to pop past here first to let you guys know.

Im loving all the feedback on the first batch now they're all in the wild. Thank you all for the kind and constructive words, it means a lot to me.

Big luv FC and Keep it Tasty out there.

-charlie
Thanks for the reply 👍.
It's cool, I know the Vapefiend site well.
I will wait 2 weeks and sign up for the second drop.
I can't wait to discover your work, in real life.
Good luck for the rest and everyone here will be delighted to discover the rest of your work in the future.
Sorry for this noob question lol, but what is the torch
of butane that you use or advise to obtain the best heating performance for your vaporizer?

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
@Oden
Personally i use a blazer big shot. Its the torch i use for dabbing and they are the best larger torch on the market imho. That being said they are very expensive and there are definitely cheaper alternatives that work well. For example i have a “kitchen craft” creme brulee torch i got from amazon for about £15 which works just fine.

In short any of the larger butane torches works well.

Oden

@Oden
Personnellement j'utilise un blazer big shot. C'est la torche que j'utilise pour tamponner et c'est la meilleure torche plus grande sur le marché à mon humble avis. Cela étant dit, ils sont très chers et il existe certainement des alternatives moins chères qui fonctionnent bien. Par exemple, j'ai une torche à crème brûlée "artisanat de cuisine" que j'ai reçue d'Amazon pour environ 15 £ qui fonctionne très bien.

En bref, toutes les grandes torches au butane fonctionnent bien.
Nice sir 👍

davesmith

Glass Blower
Thanks for all the videos!

I said I’d do a givaway for the early adoptors so if you bought a Tasty Tube before yesterday just send me a DM and ill add your name to the hat. Ill probably draw the givaway on my IG and with only a max of 25 entries you got a good chance.

The prize is yet to be decided. Ill call it monday assuming most people have got their names over (i wont be chasing people)

Thanks everyone and keep it tasty!

Dreadvik

Peeps talking about storage. What about male joints on stands like what is used for other glass vapes. For travel something made from the fire retardant stuff glass blowers put on their grab tools looks like it would work or thick leather.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Mine sits on its WPA that' goes on one of these.
20210915_130345.jpg

The hot bit is out of the way of everything and it works well!

Top Bottom