Discontinued The Sublimator

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm really hoping that you can buy the other pieces to expand on the Adapt-A-Bong I bought (since that was all that was available at the time), such as the 'Mercury', or 'Space Travel', or 'High on Gear' kits without the Apollo and other stuff I already have, and at a reasonable price to compliment what I have, as I'd 'really' like to use a hose to intake from.

LoL, the styrofoam that was in my box for packing lasted about 2 seconds, lol.... I need to find or create some kind of hard storage or transport means for the sub + goodies for when not in use or heading out to a buddies.

I also need to do some testing this weekend to find the current draw, voltage/wattage the Apollo needs so I can look into replacing the cord to a 3 prong 'grounded' cord to at lease the heat-sink handle as well as the controller to add either a positive 'click' incremental settings or digital dimmer. <-- not a necessity, as it works as intended, but rather a personal WANT for what I expect with my new device.

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't used any yet, irish, but it smells exactly like the honey that builds up in my other vapes...it just seems to build up faster.

I resolved my screen issue like Jcat did...getting the screen wedged into the upper restriction. The pro is that I don't have to reseat a hot screen that just got dumped out of my atomizer. The con is that it is stuck in there until I want to take it out for cleaning, which will mean reinstalling it just right. If it is a design choice, I still think the bigger one is better.

This vape should probably be the first choice for those that dab a lot. It works really well at that, and even the herb usage is similar to dabbing...quick one hitters that extract everything that you need to hit instantly. It's not for noobs by any stretch, as dabbers are generally a more educated crowd that know their shit and spend more money on product and toys. In my collection, with all vapes heated equally, this one gets me from A to B the quickest.

It's funny, but whenever I think about using the Sub, I hear Enrico's distinctive voice saying 'It's fun to live up there!'

tepictoton

Any of the new subbers have a lasertemperature meter available to maybe find out more about the temperature we are talking about? The range of temperature?

Still really eager to getting to understand more of this machine. Thx for the information that is slowly trippling trough...

tepictoton,

Tweek

Those Fort Mac boys are pretty clever. :rockon:

Tepictoton....I know Pakalolo has one of those ;) I took some basic and probably not at all accurate measurements, with a bbq probe. The probe maxes out at 500 d/f and the Apollo head was definitely exceeding that inside the craters at the setting I was at (Dark brown duff). Up the atomizer without drawing was in the mid 200 d/f if I recall correctly.

Hope that helps in some way.

Tweek,
Reactions: Darb

smokum

I don't believe a laser temp meter could be utilized for other than surface temp of the Apollo which IMO is irrelevant. I can't see how one would be able to get a confirmed temp reading considering the turbulence of of freshair coming in and the atomizers action. :shrug:

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

tepictoton

You might be right smokum...I really have no idea, but guess the more info we have the sooner we will start to understand the process at hand. I think vtac was onto something with his theory.

thx for the info tweek

Detonator

The Sublimator looks like it will be awesome. I am a long time bong smoker who had tried in the past to switch to vaporizing. But I was missing that big hit all at once. From what I have seen this is what I need. I came back to vaping mj just in time to get this new invention. Now I need to find a simple straight piece of glass, I like the one he uses in what to do first video. I saw one close to it at the cave ( high end head shop here in san mateo )but not exactly, I wonder who made that one

I also think securing everthing to a table top is a good idea, when will the full kit be available?

Detonator,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I'm really hoping that you can buy the other pieces to expand on the Adapt-A-Bong I bought (since that was all that was available at the time), such as the 'Mercury', or 'Space Travel', or 'High on Gear' kits without the Apollo and other stuff I already have, and at a reasonable price to compliment what I have, as I'd 'really' like to use a hose to intake from.

LoL, the styrofoam that was in my box for packing lasted about 2 seconds, lol.... I need to find or create some kind of hard storage or transport means for the sub + goodies for when not in use or heading out to a buddies.

I also need to do some testing this weekend to find the current draw, voltage/wattage the Apollo needs so I can look into replacing the cord to a 3 prong 'grounded' cord to at lease the heat-sink handle as well as the controller to add either a positive 'click' incremental settings or digital dimmer. <-- not a necessity, as it works as intended, but rather a personal WANT for what I expect with my new device.
Hi smokum,
Yes, all those kits are modular, so you can just add the pieces you want. They all use the Apollo and atomizer you already own. We will have the new UFO available this week, the UFO is the campfire / torch heated injector. Those with adapt-a-bong kits already have the atomizer section so to use the UFO all you need is the actual UFO part, not the whole UFO kit.

Space travel kits will be coming soon as well as some with the tube and hose. Sublimator hard carry/storage cases are almost ready, they are Pelican style rugged cases that compliment the ruggedness of the Sublimators Apollo.

Apollo uses 45 watts max, so using the formula Watts = Amps x Volts, specifications for the Apollo are:
Watts = 45
Volts = 120
Amps = 0.375

Any of the new subbers have a lasertemperature meter available to maybe find out more about the temperature we are talking about? The range of temperature?

Still really eager to getting to understand more of this machine. Thx for the information that is slowly trippling trough...
We see a lot of temperature questions. The temperature readings from the outside surfaces are just a number with no reference point in comparison to other vapes. The heated air is an indirect votex which is cooler than the surrounding environment of heated stainless. Measuring the temp of the Apollo casing would be like trying to bake a cake in your oven by measuring the outside temp of the oven door, but in reverse.
PV

EDIT:
smokum beat us to the answer
I don't believe a laser temp meter could be utilized for other than surface temp of the Apollo which IMO is irrelevant. I can't see how one would be able to get a confirmed temp reading considering the turbulence of of freshair coming in and the atomizers action. :shrug:

smokum

PV, any chance that the teflon (?) sleeves/adaptors sizes will be available on their own ? no point in spending money on another atomizer assy (cone) to just use with different sized bongs.

Cool !! travel case availability will be awesome !

Thks for the specs.... should be very very easy to find an alternative regulator and cord assy to replace the stock one.

smokum,
Reactions: Darb

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
PV, any chance that the teflon (?) sleeves/adaptors sizes will be available on their own ? no point in spending money on another atomizer assy (cone) to just use with different sized bongs.

Cool !! travel case availability will be awesome !

Thks for the specs.... should be very very easy to find an alternative regulator and cord assy to replace the stock one.

Easiest thing to do would be to purchase a 14mm atomizer and a glass expander(14mm F --> 18mm M) to ensure usability on all pieces right out of the box. If you already have the 18mm atomizer, you could get a reducer(18mm F --> 14mm M), although you'll need to make certain that the atomizer's stem would clear the tapering of the 14mm joint.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: smokum

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I am subbed!!!!!!!

Heavy session tonight guys...really fucked up!

I absolutely love the low temps with this thing. It gives me the strongest sativa type hits of any other tool I have, no matter what the strain, with light abv afterward. I'll leave the high temp quest to SliM, but the low to medium temps are top notch effect over here.

vapirtoo

Cmon sticks you have to give us more feedback than that- just a ,imo,
how does it compare to the cloud ?, better taste than - gasp- the vapolution 2.0 ?!
We are starving for input!

vapirtoo,

goatgobaahh

[media][/media]

I'm not the jealous type, but jesus christ these guys get to vape all day, get baked in public, and have enough money to live off of.

I on the other hand get to be sober(looking for a new job), broke as a joke, and live in a state where its illegal.

Want to switch places?

On topic: Anyone know how much the Hi on Gear sub kit will go for?
And if that plastic tube in the sublimator kit is safe?(as in no BPA or anything) Can you pull the top lid off and use it as a tube? q-q-q-question combo!!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Cmon sticks you have to give us more feedback than that- just a ,imo,
how does it compare to the cloud ?, better taste than - gasp- the vapolution 2.0 ?!
We are starving for input!

I said before that it is not a taste hound. It's very smooth, but I think most of the taste gets caught in the reclaim, which I haven't had enough of yet to sample.

I'm having a hard time comparing it to anything. The only reason this will get compared to vapes like the Cloud is because of its price and it falling into the hard hitter category. I still haven't had it for a week yet, so I'm still sifting through its strong and weak points.

It hits very hard, smooth and fast. One hit last night may have been the biggest I've ever had...at least that's what it made me think. It's tougher than nails and feels like it will never fail...I have no idea where the design weak point is on this vape.
But it also gets hot as shit and takes a while to warm up. The 'weaknesses' are only going to be considered as such by the flowers only crowd, whereas the concentrate crowd already deals with these issues as normal.

Bottom line so far for me is that I have used it as my daily driver since I got it and am nowhere near to switching it out. When a vape sucks it is very hard for me to use it and review it. When a vape is this good and different it captures me and compels me to seek out the proper method. It's not for everyone, but the caveats are right there out in the open from the beginning. The Sub is different enough that it will take a month to really get to know it and report on all its features and quirks.

CheeseSandwich

Thanks for the great update sticks. I'll chime in here as well but i'm definitely not as well spoken. All I have to say is that this thing has been knocking my head off since I got it. Anyone who has tried it was pretty blown away and devastated by the buzz. Just flowers so far, haven't had any hash or concentrates to try other than the one nice sublimate hit i got which was a nice potent hit. I'm having a hard time going back to any of my other vapes but I have had a few cloud sessions and must admit that the cloud excels at taste in my opinion. All in all the sub feels like a perfect fit for me but as sticks has already said its hard to compare it to other vaporizers as it kinda does it's own thing.

edit: Is it just me or does anyone else notice the longevity of the high?

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I said before that it is not a taste hound. It's very smooth, but I think most of the taste gets caught in the reclaim, which I haven't had enough of yet to sample.

I'm having a hard time comparing it to anything. The only reason this will get compared to vapes like the Cloud is because of its price and it falling into the hard hitter category. I still haven't had it for a week yet, so I'm still sifting through its strong and weak points.

It hits very hard, smooth and fast. One hit last night may have been the biggest I've ever had...at least that's what it made me think. It's tougher than nails and feels like it will never fail...I have no idea where the design weak point is on this vape.
But it also gets hot as shit and takes a while to warm up. The 'weaknesses' are only going to be considered as such by the flowers only crowd, whereas the concentrate crowd already deals with these issues as normal.

Bottom line so far for me is that I have used it as my daily driver since I got it and am nowhere near to switching it out. When a vape sucks it is very hard for me to use it and review it. When a vape is this good and different it captures me and compels me to seek out the proper method. It's not for everyone, but the caveats are right there out in the open from the beginning. The Sub is different enough that it will take a month to really get to know it and report on all its features and quirks.

Good points, I wonder if you look at the package, do you think it looks complicated or its very easy to use?

In my eyes the weakness is the design honestly and price tag...

m0sh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
edit: Is it just me or does anyone else notice the longevity of the high?

One of the main reasons I keep coming back. It gives me the strongest, longest head highs. Last night I went to bed at 2am after several sessions and woke up this morning at 7am a little groggy at first, but it was very easy to shake off, like a good head high the night before should be.

mosh...it's not complicated at all. It has a routine, but it is simple and easy to follow. I don't see a weakness in the design yet, just a different set of objectives that no one has tried yet in the vape market.

CheeseSandwich

thanks for the confirmation sticks. I had a lengthy conversation with my dad last week of his first impressions and the long lasting heady high was what he loved the most. He's a 40+ year heavy combuster so he's usually my prime target when trying to flip people over to vaporization. I'm pretty sure he's been converted by the few sub sessions and I also gave him a VG coil that he is in LOVE with, lol. Finally, won him over, it's been a 3 year battle.

smokum

Easiest thing to do would be to purchase a 14mm atomizer and a glass expander(14mm F --> 18mm M) to ensure usability on all pieces right out of the box. If you already have the 18mm atomizer, you could get a reducer(18mm F --> 14mm M), although you'll need to make certain that the atomizer's stem would clear the tapering of the 14mm joint.

True, I should have mentioned I did that with the joint and worded my post a lil better....

I have used a GonG adaptor to adapt my 14mm atomizer to the 18mm pieces, but found that the adaptor was inconsistent with either sticking to the teflon side or nor, giving lil unexpected 'surprises' along the line, lol. Yes, I shld use a kleck (?) I suppose, but didn't think of it until now as I don't own any nor have had a need to (until now).

What I meant was, to be able to purchase the teflon sleeve alone to use 'once I've found which bong I preferred and should it not be with the 14mm option I chose' at a lesser price than a spare different sized atomizer.

Darb

Good points, I wonder if you look at the package, do you think it looks complicated or its very easy to use?

In my eyes the weakness is the design honestly and price tag...
It's really not much different than lifting a downstem to clear a bong.
Other than the fact you don't need a lighter.

Top Bottom