Discontinued The Sublimator

Tweek

Because my first few sessions with new vapes are usually less than stellar until I start getting some of my usage patterns right. I was wondering how much tweaking you have done with your method and if it is getting any better.

green2brown...sick fucking hit!

I definitely spent a good part of my first day playing with getting the temp right. Once I realized I needed to take the temp down a bit compared to my other units, it started to fly.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I played around with it until I got the dial set so it produces a nice even light-medium brown in 1-2 hits and not harsh at all with no water (haven't had water in it yet today). The dial is pretty darn sensitive so it takes some tweeking :) ... I used liquid paper to put lines on my wheel so I have marks. I've obviously got it set pretty high still as it's still knocking me out pretty good (mind you I haven't been sleeping much so it's tough to tell ...)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would pay to see Paka after a friday night with the sublimator :spliff:

me too...going from the mflb to this would be fun to watch!

Well. I have the Adapt-A-Bong now. I'm looking forward to giving this a workout but I have to wait for my lab partner, who I won't see until Friday night. He's the one with the bong.

Ok, that's just not fucking allowed. you, sir, go out and get some kind of cheap bong for that thing....waiting until Friday is totally UNACCPETABLE.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well the unit arrived. I am doing the recommended procedures first like turning it all the way to max and turning it down. How far down on the dial are most people going from max to reach their desired temperature?

If all goes will I will report back here once I have finished my first session.

green2brown

Well the unit arrived. I am doing the recommended procedures first like turning it all the way to max and turning it down. How far down on the dial are most people going from max to reach their desired temperature?

If all goes will I will report back here once I have finished my first session.

Make sure you give it an ISO wipe down too. And then let it do a burn off at max for about a half hour. These units seem to need a good cleaning out of the box. Then turn it down about 1/4 and start there. I marked mine just a bit above a quarter turn back from max.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yes, make sure you clean with ISO. Then initial burn off period is very important. I just pulled the Lower bowl/atomizer off my water pipe and blew air through the top. Lots of fumes came off the device... all the machine oils and stuff. I have repeated this twice and every time the fumes are less and less.

I got the 18mm version and there is a slight bit of wiggle room between the water pipe's joint and the atomizer. I was told this will expand when heated and not wiggle as much. Currently it is sitting a little off kilter in the water pipe because of the wiggle. I am resetting the connection periodtically so that when it does start to expand it will rest more evenly/level on the water pipes joint.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Enchantre

green2brown

I got the 18mm version and there is a slight bit of wiggle room between the water pipe's joint and the atomizer. I was told this will expand when heated and not wiggle as much. Currently it is sitting a little off kilter in the water pipe because of the wiggle. I am resetting the connection periodtically so that when it does start to expand it will rest more evenly/level on the water pipes joint.

Set the Apollo on the atomizer and then the atomizer onto the stand. This way when you set it into the joint it will still seal nicely, but won't get stuck like if you heat it up while it's sitting in the joint.

green2brown,
Reactions: Tweek

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I was doing that to start, but the balance is a little top heavy and I did not want it to fall over. I figured it was safter to put it in the water pipe and reset the joint over and over till it expanded. It does get pretty sung though... I guess leaving the 18mm in the water pipe for extended periods of time might not be a good idea.

Slightly Medicated,

JCat

Accessory Maker
First session ended in combustion... turned it down and going back in soon once it cools some.

Tried to be cool and drop my screen in the atomizer, but it did not lay flat. I had to get a poker and push it into place.
Me too :)

Edit:

@Enrico: I was wondering about cleaning the Apollo heating unit itself ... it does get some discoloration and does get dirty through normal use especially with concentrate so I was wondering about cleaning it. Does it disassemble to clean more thoroughly like the atomizer? It would be nice to be able to drop the cover of the head of the heating unit in some ISO for cleaning ...

Top Bottom