Discontinued The Sublimator

kingtut106

What are people using as a sweet spot for double deckers? Thinking of the difference in sweet spots for flowers and oil - I end up with oil running into the bowl if at flower temperature (29-31W), but turning it up to a more oil appropriate temp (40-42W) would cause flower combustion.

I usually end up doing one or the other, dabs for a session or flowers for a session, with the occasional (somewhat underheated) sublimate dab doubled up with flowers.

First world problem to say the least!

Let me say my sub runs around 58 max. I use 38-40 for flower and 50 for oil. I think whether you have a higher pulling sub, 60 watt, or lower pulling sub (the original one without a timer box) which pulls 45 (i think) the difference between your flower wattage and oil should be about 10.

This is a very rough estimate haha, please do not hold me to this. It is just what I have observed from my own experience and what some people have mentioned previously.

Tweek

Let me say my sub runs around 58 max. I use 38-40 for flower and 50 for oil. I think whether you have a higher pulling sub, 60 watt, or lower pulling sub (the original one without a timer box) which pulls 45 (i think) the difference between your flower wattage and oil should be about 10.

This is a very rough estimate haha, please do not hold me to this. It is just what I have observed from my own experience and what some people have mentioned previously.

Mine is an original without the timer and it still pulls 60 watts max. If I went to 40 for herb, it would catch fire and burn. He will just have to experiment with general ranges until he finds a fit.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just try to keep mine around 33 or 34w at all times, sometimes it jumps up to the 35-36 range when our power fluctuates, but I usually notice my herbs getting darker so I will adjust back to the 33-34 spot. This is for anything I vape, oils, hash, herbs... I don't chase after higher temps for my oils, though I have noticed some oil running down the underside of the heater, but it all still gets vaped IMO, it's running down into the bowl, and it's not much as we take dibs instead of dabs most of the time, smaller than a dab is a dib :D

dib, dab, glib, glob, slab, holyshit!

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Should have my 'Sublimator Base Launcher Tube Kit' with both length tubes to play with tomorrow afternoon :tup:

Looking forward to trying the Sub through a dry tube with a whip :party:

Tweek

I just hit buy on the short tube option....hoping it will be more stable than the glass I am using right now.

Edit: Anyone know if the plastic tube can be ISO rinsed without etching or damaging?

Last edited:

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
I think I read about someone's tube cracking after cleaning with iso, it's happened to me with acrylic bongs many years ago..

That would probably be my tube. It has a crack in it, thought it was glass. My fault for the thing though lol.

Tommii,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

I think I read about someone's tube cracking after cleaning with iso, it's happened to me with acrylic bongs many years ago..

Damn, that's not good. How am I going to reclaim? Hmm...wonder if I can find a glass tube the same width and cut my own glass shorty?

Tweek,

grokit

well-worn member
Don't forget about the o-rings Tweek, that sounds like the hard part. It seems like it would require etching grooved rings into the glass.

grokit,
Reactions: Tweek

Tommii

Damn, that's not good. How am I going to reclaim? Hmm...wonder if I can find a glass tube the same width and cut my own glass shorty?
You only really need to reach your dabber in that good good you have piling down there in the joint piece

Tweek

You only really need to reach your dabber in that good good you have piling down there in the joint piece

Yeah, but with my glass piece right now, I get some good reclaim off the tube as well..but you're probably right, now that I look at the design, much of it probably lands along the bottom joint.

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
@Tweek

I was told by PV just the other day that "The Sublimator Base Launcher Tube Kit does not really need a reclaimer as the tube that holds the atomizer easily unscrews to allow you to scrape out the built up sublimate." ;)

Tweek

@Tweek

I was told by PV just the other day that "The Sublimator Base Launcher Tube Kit does not really need a reclaimer as the tube that holds the atomizer easily unscrews to allow you to scrape out the built up sublimate." ;)

I look forward to jamming it full of sublimate...That little tube looks like it's going to be a blast :mmmm:

Tweek,
Reactions: smokum

kingtut106

I always just scoop mine out of my cloud buddy. It feels like it builds up faster that way or maybe I'm just that subbed :smug:

kingtut106,
Reactions: grokit

Tommii

You should pour it over pancakes, like syrup.

Was thinking of making sublimator pills since the stuff is decarboxylized or smoke it. Pretty sure eating a gram of this will get you at a psychedelic weed high.

I haven't gotten any further than really alert when eating edibles (Daryl gave me his hash oil pill mixed with coconut oil, suppose to be 4x cookies each but nothing really happens)

Pic:
Half decarboxylized hash oil and half coconut so it stays in longer to absorb
iPVeTGw.jpg

but I see and hear like I'm at the perfect medicated high. Might take like 5 caps and 10 dabs together. Will do a video if I do!

Last edited:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Ah Tommii 's looking for the psychedelics.. I'm on the same search too. I figure the Sub has got to bring it back. I just need to find that ATF again..

CG420,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
I wish something could get me to hallucinating (I've been thinking about shrooms lately ... been a long, long time ... over a decade)

The Sub usually gets me where I want to be but I can't imagine it even being possible to hallucinate on cannabis anymore! :lol:

Top Bottom