Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
So far, I’m happily stuck in wattage mode. I’ve been following the discussion here or in the Z thread about using dosing caps. I love the idea of being able to prefill and swap out. But I think if somebody finds one that fits, it may introduce some conduction. But I’ll leave that to the experts.
Someone need only come up with a case to hold RBT Splinter screens in such a way that your herbs will not spill out. I am thinking two wooden disks screwed together with indentations to hold the screen and then a gap on the top piece where you rotate to the next packed screen to gain access.

Frankly I’m surprised RBT came out with a wooden grinder rather than a stroganoff solution for loaded screens. @RBTcole @RastaBuddhaTao

RxPlorer

Someone need only come up with a case to hold RBT Splinter screens in such a way that your herbs will not spill out

You know, this is totally true! I don't mind using the normal screens as long as I can securely carry and swap loaded fresh and ABV screens. I'm thinking a holder in a "magazine" form factor where the screens are stacked vertically with a thin wood divider in between each "pod". push a finger into a gap on the back of the magazine to release a loaded screen. maybe the entire magazine can slip into a sealed tube for extra security and freshness.

Last edited:
RxPlorer,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
You know, this is totally true! I don't mind using the normal screens as long as I can securely carry and swap loaded fresh and ABV screens. I'm thinking a holder in a "magazine" form factor where the screens are stacked vertically with a thin wood divider in between each "pod". push a finger into a gap on the back of the magazine to release a loaded screen. maybe the entire magazine can slip into a sealed tube for extra security and freshness.
It's a shame S&B Dosing caps do not fit
09-32-08.png

Easywider

Simple is the way
Sad sad day

I left the mod & splinter z in my bag and for some reason it kept firing till the wood burned, I entered the room and found black smoke coming out of the bag, the splinter was smoking after I disconnected the device ...

What the actual heck man, I bought it like a week ago and been waiting for it forever ....

Sorry this happened to you and so soon after you got your device! This sounds like a super freak accident or you may have a defective mod. DNA mods don't have any auto fire capabilities stock or 3rd party and the max puff time is 20seconds and stock puff time is 10seconds. I did some research earlier trying to find a way to add auto fire to DNA mods and I came across a handful of reports specific to Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250 where the device would randomly auto fire and cause a mess. Not sure what mod you have but in all cases the mod was replaced free of charge by Lost Vape.

Edit: Sorry for dbl post, I could not find a way to add a quote to my previous one.

Last edited:

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
I need a Canadian website or vendor where I can purchase the version 2 edition. I don't mind a custom version as long it is version 2.

Most important part of this post is also to find a BOX MOD. I would need a BOX MOD that will allow EVERYTHING like TC but the support of SAVING PROFILES. So may a CUSTOM FIRMWARE like ARCTIC FOX or something of a similar. I do not mind if a the BOX MOD will require more than 1 battery. As long as everything is professional and been tested, then i am fine.

Last edited:
wm762,

Mr. Me2

I need a Canadian website or vendor where I can purchase the version 2 edition. I don't mind a custom version as long it is version 2.

Most important part of this post is also to find a BOX MOD. I would need a BOX MOD that will allow EVERYTHING like TC but the support of SAVING PROFILES. So may a CUSTOM FIRMWARE like ARCTIC FOX or something of a similar. I do not mind if a the BOX MOD will require more than 1 battery. As long as everything is professional and been tested, then i am fine.
Box mod recommendation for you:

Wismec Reuleaux rx GEN3 dual box mod

Get it and enjoy!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
This! I am a big s&b dosage capsule user! With the loading kit I can load 40 caps in 10 mins. Throw them in jar, I'm ready to go to town anytime!
I also just saw this which is closer to what I envisioned. One could stick an empty stem in the selected location and with a short inhale load their stem.
fx-rotary-magazine-177-cal-18.gif

YaMon,

david8613

Looks like a good idea. I run my mv1 with crucibles and my mighty with capsules. I like the capsules better than crucibles because you can actually close the lid and it wont spill herb, I load 40 capsules at a time with the s&b loading tool, toss them in a small smell proof jar, easy and it keeps my might super clean. The mv1 would have been better if the crucible lids locked on. I wish I could have something similar for the splinter z. I read somewhere someone used a deep pocket basket and the put a regular basket on top to keep material from flying around. Anyone try this?

david8613,
Reactions: RxPlorer

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Saw those shortened stems in the Z thread and s/one mentioning using them for S&B capsules. As I had some standard 19/26 cone tubes and capsules at hand, I tried to reproduce that. With the right tools (triangular diamond needle file plus some wet/dry 80 grt & 240 grt sandpaper and a 3 flame jet lighter. Don't forget to add a few drops of water, when cutting/sanding glass), this is work for about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Saw those shortened stems in the Z thread and s/one mentioning using them for S&B capsules. As I had some standard 19/26 cone tubes and capsules at hand, I tried to reproduce that. With the right tools (triangular diamond needle file plus some wet/dry 80 grt & 240 grt sandpaper and a 3 flame jet lighter), this is work for about 10 minutes.

Ver cool! How do you like the performance? Do you need to use more power?

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Ver cool! How do you like the performance? Do you need to use more power?
Can tell you that later, as I just finished it and hadn't a chance yet, to try it out :lol:
But from my experience with capsules in general, it might well need either a few watts, or some puffs more :D

blokenoname,

RxPlorer

Looks like a good idea. I run my mv1 with crucibles and my mighty with capsules. I like the capsules better than crucibles because you can actually close the lid and it wont spill herb, I load 40 capsules at a time with the s&b loading tool, toss them in a small smell proof jar, easy and it keeps my might super clean. The mv1 would have been better if the crucible lids locked on. I wish I could have something similar for the splinter z. I read somewhere someone used a deep pocket basket and the put a regular basket on top to keep material from flying around. Anyone try this?

I ordered some vapexhale deep baskets since I heard elsewhere that they should work with stock RBT stems. Will report back next week.

https://www.xhl3.com/products/baskets

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Interesting idea! Never thought about using an ELB screen with the Splinter, as it gobbles up a wagon load of material and I'm more the micro dosing type. But we'll see, what I can make of it :D
Have still one lying around.

ETA: Nothing much, it seems. ELB is too fat for the stock 19/19 V2 stem, at least :(
Would fit one of my self cut stems of course.

Last edited:
blokenoname,

david8613

Saw those shortened stems in the Z thread and s/one mentioning using them for S&B capsules. As I had some standard 19/26 cone tubes and capsules at hand, I tried to reproduce that. With the right tools (triangular diamond needle file plus some wet/dry 80 grt & 240 grt sandpaper and a 3 flame jet lighter. Don't forget to add a few drops of water, when cutting/sanding glass), this is work for about 10 minutes.

Mind blown!!!

david8613,
Reactions: Megaton
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom