Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Just tamp your bowl lightly and it should prevent most falling bits. After the first couple of hits the plant bits will cling together when the resin oozes out.

Chainfish

On the battery point, surely even in a single cell mod is fine with a samsung 30q. Even at 50watts a .24 coil is pulling less than 15amps and @35watts only 12amps. More I use the v1, more I like it

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So some bits will inevitably fall, what’s the best way to clean the internal screen?

I take my first hit upside down so the load stays put afterwards. For any loose bits, they can be blown out and/or poked with a toothpick. I also remove the stem with the vape upside down when turning or stirring or emptying the stem... If you really need to bc if a stain somehow, you can use an iso damp qtip to blot the internal screen with the vape upside down as well then let air dry.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
On the battery point, surely even in a single cell mod is fine with a samsung 30q. Even at 50watts a .24 coil is pulling less than 15amps and @35watts only 12amps. More I use the v1, more I like it

Yeah 50W is really the limit for the 30Q/HG2/VTC6 as the drain on the cell will increase when its voltage drops and the mod tries to keep outputting the same power. It's less of an issue in unregulated mods as the power just drops with the voltage.

Also the 18A CDR figure is valid only when the cell is new. It slowly degrades over time, most often coupled to the increasing internal resistance (I say most often as the link is not that simple in reality)

Then keep in mind that any cell operated at its CDR will have a shorter service life. It's like always driving your car at its maximum speed: it can do it but it doesn't mean it likes it!

PS: but as always, it's okay if you don't care as they are less than $5 a pop...

Summer

Long Island, NY
I don't know how long Ryan will keep up his IG stream that he put up 12 hours ago, but in it he demos the repairing of the bowl glass when it becomes dislodged.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: -dab8-

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, those of you who have the V1. Someone in another thread has said that their joint is 22mm deep rather than 19mm. Is that correct? I thought Ryan said they would be 19mm and others had confirmed that.

cybrguy,
Reactions: ataxian

eideal852

Mine is 22, same exact depth as my Mi2. Fits both 19 and 22mm deep, with a rimmed top hat in it too.
waaaaiiiiitttttt. I've also been cautious: might I have just not checked?
I've a dec Mi2, a v1 and a v2, I was warned by Ryan not to try the Mi stems w the Splinter v1, though the splinter stems would fit the Mi.
I know the (presumably 19/22) greenie stems That I got when I ordered Mi2 DO NOT seat in the Milaana with a RIMMED basket (the hard metal ringed lip) though it works (in the Mi2 at least) with the NOrim (or rather no HARD RING RIM) basket screens that came with the Mi.

Oy vey, now to carefully try it all?

Also, what is the proper nomenclature for: Basket with NO rim at all (old Milaanas, inserted DOWN IN stem) Brimmed basket, no hard ring, and RIMMED BASKET?

eideal852,

started@52

waaaaiiiiitttttt. I've also been cautious: might I have just not checked?
I've a dec Mi2, a v1 and a v2, I was warned by Ryan not to try the Mi stems w the Splinter v1, though the splinter stems would fit the Mi.
I know the (presumably 19/22) greenie stems That I got when I ordered Mi2 DO NOT seat in the Milaana with a RIMMED basket (the hard metal ringed lip) though it works (in the Mi2 at least) with the NOrim (or rather no HARD RING RIM) basket screens that came with the Mi.

Oy vey, now to carefully try it all?

Also, what is the proper nomenclature for: Basket with NO rim at all (old Milaanas, inserted DOWN IN stem) Brimmed basket, no hard ring, and RIMMED BASKET?
All all I know is all of these plus other 19/22 not pictured work with room at the bottom so even the hard rimmed screens don’t contact the heater screen.

eideal852

All all I know is all of these plus other 19/22 not pictured work with room at the bottom so even the hard rimmed screens don’t contact the heater screen.

Whats a good "with room at the bottom" test? I know with my Greenie, like the one pictured (or at least my original one, RIP) didn't "bite" on the ground glass. so it wouldnt stick at all, and i never pressed the issue, so to speak, after reading the cautions.

How can you tell if there is room to spare?

eideal852,

started@52

Whats a good "with room at the bottom" test? I know with my Greenie, like the one pictured (or at least my original one, RIP) didn't "bite" on the ground glass. so it wouldnt stick at all, and i never pressed the issue, so to speak, after reading the cautions.

How can you tell if there is room to spare?
With all these you can feel the ground glass locks before I feel any resistance from the heater screen. Depth measures the same on both Mi2 and my V1. Maybe the heater screens stick up farther on other v1’s but mine is exactly the same as my Mi2. I personally prefer a filled top hat in a 19/19 and an internal filled screen with an empty top hat cap on the 19/22 but they both work on mine.

started@52,

Grifo

Huh so you cant use rimmed screens on the xl8rjr or male to male adapter. EDIT: wait my rimmed screen looks nothing like the metal ring the pictures of the V1 show. My screens just use the screen its self as a rim, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Grifo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is no danger to placing a stem in to see if it fits btw, the heater screen is much more durable than to budge for a stem resting on it. Just do not push it down further as only force could possibly dislodge the screen. Also all glass will have some variance regardless fyi

Grifo

There is no danger to placing a stem in to see if it fits btw, the heater screen is much more durable than to budge for a stem resting on it. Just do not push it down further as only force could possibly dislodge the screen. Also all glass will have some variance regardless fyi
Yeah seems like the stems i just got all fit they just sit deeper in. Now i need to find screens that fit cause the ones that came with the splinter originally (screen rimmed) dont work. Sucks i gotta change settings but looks like i should be good to go once i do that since i only have one of the short adapters.

Last edited:

eideal852

Yeah seems like the stems i just got all fit they just sit deeper in. Now i need to find screens that fit cause the ones that came in dont work. Sucks i gotta change settings but looks like i should be good to go once i do that since i only have one of the short adapters.
Yeah that was my point, the RIMMED (HARD RING RIM!) no good on greenie 19/22 in Mi2 either (it WILL fit with the included-with-my-milaana2 screens. Those have a "brim" but no metal "KungLao" ring.
ufda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom