The Screwball by Vapvana

Mine came in. But fucking hell my son burnt his finger on the thing during the burn off. Gonna have to find a better place to run it and keep it.

Also can't find my 14mm to 18mm adapter after some deep scouring. So I'm off to one of my local headshops for a replacement adapter or simple 18mm bong or boffum. Mostly because I want bigger chambered hits than dab rigs can offer.

add1noob

Mine came in. But fucking hell my son burnt his finger on the thing during the burn off. Gonna have to find a better place to run it and keep it.

Also can't find my 14mm to 18mm adapter after some deep scouring. So I'm off to one of my local headshops for a replacement adapter or simple 18mm bong or boffum. Mostly because I want bigger chambered hits than dab rigs can offer.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but on AliExpress search

"Tiodw Heat Stand with 6061 Aluminum Base and Shield/18&29mm Female Grade 2 Titanium Post"

and get the "Color: 18mm Heat Stand" version.

You can see it in the background of this video and they briefly mention it.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but on AliExpress search

"Tiodw Heat Stand with 6061 Aluminum Base and Shield/18&29mm Female Grade 2 Titanium Post"

and get the "Color: 18mm Heat Stand" version.

You can see it in the background of this video and they briefly mention it.

Appreciate that. I'll have to invest in it a bit down the road. Moved my set up more into my desk area proper. It was in a more open area before for the initial burn off and to test the unit.

As far as my issue, the bigger head shops I visited failed me in adapters. The first failed on adapters, bongs with 18mm and even downstems that are meant for both. Went to a second shop and they had more adapters but not the exact one I needed and their 18mm pieces were outrageous priced. Somehow I found an unlabeled super thick beaker (I could rob a bank this shit is that thicc), so I found my white whale grabbed a 18mm dropstem that fit just just right lightly tapping the bottom, and bam.

Testing that out was so much better than before the fit made all the difference in my pull and oof. Haven't had flower actually do it for me in a long time. That was nice.

Plus with my 2 ozs delivered at the same time I had some fresh to preview.

Next up is thca isolate dusted half bowls.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Has anyone tried swapping the handle out? Thinking a 3" shortie wood handle would look awesome and feel better when using a pinch grip.
Swapping out the handle is easy, but you do have to cut the shrink wrap. So it won't be the same again. I don't care about that as I much prefer the upgraded wood handle.

I also replaced the bowl handle.

Mowjo

Has anyone else tried the CH Heat Stand? Mine is currently in the freezer since the screwball head and heat stand are kind of stuck 😬

I really hope I did not goof this one up ;_ ; scared to bend the coil by accident. Will report back after some freezing.

2pumpchump

Has anyone else tried the CH Heat Stand? Mine is currently in the freezer since the screwball head and heat stand are kind of stuck 😬

I really hope I did not goof this one up ;_ ; scared to bend the coil by accident. Will report back after some freezing.
It should free up with at room temperature I don't have that stand but I have gotten different bowls stuck in it before.
I just tuned the pid off and let it cool down

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
If someone changes their handle could you post some pictures? During and after.
I’d like to see what it looks like before I cut into mine.
How are wooden handles mounted? 🤔

2pumpchump

I'll take pictures when mine comes I plan on making changes. I have done one in the past will check for pictures. As for the wood handles I have used are a press in fit and all are that I have seen

Last edited:

EasyVape

Installation is easy, you press the paracord/cable through the slot in the wooden handle, then press the handle into the metal band that interfaces to the heater wire/coil (the metal band and the wooden core are holding the parts together). The drilled-out center part of the handle is shaped to press fit into the metal band part of the coil/cable interface. Some adjustments may be needed, I had to use a single wrap of electrical tape around the metal band to get a tight fit on my smaller ball vape. It may also be necessary to file or sand the center of the handle to make enough clearance for the paracord and/or metal band.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Here's the old handle and the new one:
2024-02-1522-16-577918671244432796944.jpg

Most wood handles for enails have a slit in the bottom to fit the cable. The you slide it over the clamp. I think iDB was the first to use this technique.

Here's a video from Dfreez showing how it is done:

Mowjo

Thanks everyone. After I got it free I said lemme make sure it works... 🙃well it did. Going to make sure I do not set it down so perpendicular that it locks down again.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Thanks everyone. After I got it free I said lemme make sure it works... 🙃well it did. Going to make sure I do not set it down so perpendicular that it locks down again.
If it's any consolation (schadenfreude an' all that! 😏) I did exactly the same thing, and I can't for the life of me figure out how!
In the end, had to let it cool down to rt and then had to very gently use a lever to pry it up, it was so jammed on! And yet ever since, it' not come even close to sticking at all! I do now tend to check when I put it back on the stand that it's free, so maybe this has helped prevent it, but until you posted, I was beginning to think it was just me being me, in my usual cack-handed way.

If I had the tools I'd be tempted to make a replacement post to screw on instead that fitted the SB better, with much lower thermal contact so it doesn't act as a heat sink so much.

2pumpchump

Vapvana_Homebase_fanart_concept_GDH_02032024.png

Here is some concept art I cooked up last night for what I'd like to see in a duel 25mm coil hot hole for a wireless Screwball / quartz labware combo.
I kind a like the other 1 you showed with the temp control knob
I recommend either Dfreez or Ed's TNT. Both usually have stock and both make beautiful wood handles.

Edited to add: Dfreez often has sets. So you can match you coil and bowl handles.
He also makes a wood microdose bowl that works great. I have also seen a 3 peace set coil handle ,bowl handle, and a matching scoop

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
I’ll definitely keep an eye out on dfreeze. A matching set would be amazing.

Can you taste the wood on a wood bowl? 🤔

I have to lay off buying stuff for a little bit. I got case, battery, bubbler, j-hook, numerous stains.
And why is a Pelinail so alluring right now. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I won’t be able to use it this weekend so I want a few new things when I get back to it. 😂

Up next though is setting up a nice safe place for it away from the kids and dogs.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Sorry @ApparentlyStoned, I couldn't resist! Some thing comes over me, and next thing I know, the edit option has timed out, and it's all downhill from there! 🙄

Apropos absolutely nothing, beyond Cal's moves towards a wireless heating head, has anyone in the industry or user for that matter, tried using an induction coil instead of an enail coil in the desktop unit? It just occurred to me, if it'd work then it would be a far safer unit, as the coil itself wouldn't be directly heated, could even open up possibilities to surround it and/or line it with other materials (conductors/insulators/whatever) so it either had a heat capacity of it's own, and/or was better insulated between head and coil (so the hot head wouldn't heat the cold coil).
Maybe it ain't practical, but anyone ever heard of this being done, or at least tried?

General Disaster,
Reactions: 2pumpchump
Top Bottom