The Ripper - Stainless Steel Grinder

started@52

XL HR med/fine plate vs BCG Fine plate. I have yet to clean the BCG.
E018069-A-3-A94-4-EA1-ACFB-F21-F9-E57-CE19.jpg
239-DFAFE-1067-4-C4-C-A6-C5-7-D4-E88-FE2210.jpg

Vapster707

So did tha ripper go though a 3rd version ??? Still looks like a great grinder and I want one but kinda waitin to see if a final version happens ...

Vapster707,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Friggin awesome.

I bought one these new mini rippers in 3 pc
received it the other day
so far its been awesome!
perfect size for Dynavap and filling stickybrick bowls
its as heavy as a medium 4pc SCS!

might order a larger 4 pc soon!

Kevin seems like an awesome guy to do business with.

Mr.Sifter

and as usual, these nice paraphernalia are not available in Europe :|

I would like to have a small Ripper 3pc to update my S&B grinder

Mr.Sifter,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Got a second hand HerbRipper by @kimura , thank you guy, that's a nice add to my tools. I thought it was the XL version but it doesn't look like since it's only 5cm wide... I would prefer a slightly larger grinder but not a big deal though. Previous owner sold it cause he founds the grind size too coarse... personnaly I'm fine with the grind.
Since I have another grinder which is thread-less I'm not anymore fan of the threaded bottom but it's only a 1/2 turn to open it, another "not a big deal though"!
Have fun grind!

purepotstill

Ordered a 3p XL two days ago. Shipping for Europe is really affordable (15$). Does anyone know if they send a mail when shipping ? I'm OK with no tracking given the price, but I'd like to know if it's processed or not.

purepotstill

Received a mail, it's shipped. Was really surprised to see they're using DHL for shipping. I mean, with 15$ shipping fees. DHL is usually much pricier. It's a good thing because it means quick delivery (should be here Thursday) and tracking, but unfortunately, it also means I'll have to pay VAT and customs...

Edit : that's why I hate these transport companies : DHL's fees were more than the VAT. Fuckin' thieves... In the end, it will cost me a bit less than 170€ for a 3p grinder. The 4p was 199€ in Europe. Don't really care for the extra piece with the mesh and tbh, I bought it from the maker because I wanted the coarse grid and it wasn't available here, but still...

Last edited:

purepotstill

It's here !! It was fast.

1st, it's a beautiful object. It's heavy, but not as much as I thought. Very pleasant to hold in hand I must say. Finish is perfect, there's no play between the different parts.

After a ISO soak and water rinse, decided to try it with a big fat bud from my home grown Pineapple Glue Auto, which is a bit moist too (my jar is 61% RH). Didn't break the bud before, just put the whole on the plate to give it a true baptism of fire. Had to make two or three whole turns to finish it, but the result is a fluffy and evenly coarse grind. Was struck by the smell, my weed seems to stink much more than in my others cheaper grinders. Must be because of the coarse grind though.

The thing turns very smoothly despite the amount I put in, and I didn't have to put much strength in. There's enough grip for the hand not to slip on too.

Long story short : I'm pretty happy with my new purchase ! Should be even greater with a more sensible amount of weed to grind in.

purepotstill

This is the next (and final?) grinder on my list, can you compare it to the BCG?
Unfortunately no, don't have a BCG. After thinking about it a while, I've decided my premium grinder purchases will be stainless steel only. I'll probably buy SS BCG when it's available though.

After 10 days of use, I'm still very happy with my Herb Ripper, as I'm glad I've chosen the coarse plate. Didn't feel the need to grind upside down yet.

purepotstill,
Reactions: Therapy

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
This is the next (and final?) grinder on my list, can you compare it to the BCG?
I have both. The BCG feels like a work of art, and the Ripper feels like a tool. Both are great. I have a coarse plate HR and find it good and not really too chunky FWIW.
BCG is substantially lighter but really is a premium, game changing grinder IMO. They both feel like end game grinders to me.

purepotstill

I have both. The BCG feels like a work of art, and the Ripper feels like a tool. Both are great. I have a coarse plate HR and find it good and not really too chunky FWIW.
I agree with the Ripper feeling like a tool, but a perfectly finished tool you will keep your whole life.

BTW, have you got the BCG coarse plate, and if it's the case, is it the same coarseness than the HR ? The HR coarse plate is perfect to me, exactly the kind of texture I was after.

purepotstill,
Reactions: cilantro

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
I agree with the Ripper feeling like a tool, but a perfectly finished tool you will keep your whole life.

BTW, have you got the BCG coarse plate, and if it's the case, is it the same coarseness than the HR ? The HR coarse plate is perfect to me, exactly the kind of texture I was after.
I opted for the BCG medium plate, as the consensus seemed to lead towards it if only getting one plate. As a bit of an admitted convection snob, I also like the HR coarse, though find the SCS fluff something truly special and ideal. I’m digging all glass with no screens lately in my Vaponic and Elev8r so appreciate some even chunks. First world problems :lol:

For those pondering color choices, I have the all amber combo and find it beautiful!

Therapy

BCG is substantially lighter but really is a premium, game changing grinder IMO. They both feel like end game grinders to me.
I feel this, can't compare to the Ripper but to my SCS.
As much as I like the BCG, it's almost as if it is ... too smooth. If that makes any sense.

Therapy,

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Recently joined the Herb Ripper crew with an XL 3-piece! I really enjoy the action and s
Smoothness. Opted for the Medium grind.

Love my SCS, got the UMG too and it isn't the smoothest action, but the fine plate makes a pretty perfect sand out of moist bud so I am making a use for it.

I find the grind on the HR is really great. Wins my favorite grinder award. Bravo.

Walter Bishop

Question for other HR owners. When you turn the top section to grind, does the friction ring on the second section turn as well? Or does yours remain fixed in place? For the record, initally mine seemed fixed, but now after months of use turns. Just curious how other people's units function. Thanks!

Walter Bishop,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I have multiple Grinders from Kevin. And my ring does turn. If you think it's an issue Kevin is very responsive. If you think something's wrong with your ring he will send you a new ring.

Walter Bishop

I have multiple Grinders from Kevin. And my ring does turn. If you think it's an issue Kevin is very responsive. If you think something's wrong with your ring he will send you a new ring.

Thank you for the response! I was genuinely just curious how other people's functioned because I've never seen another HR in person besides my own. And I only own the one. When the ring began moving I found it felt smoother when it turned. I like it better that way.

Walter Bishop,
Reactions: acstorfer

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
PSA: When I gave my whole grinder an iso wipe before first use, I noticed that the kief pick that they provide, black ink rubs off of it.

microfiber cloth after using iso to wipe down the pic, and pic of the pick provided from herbripper
Yeah man, never a good idea to wipe down printed on plastic with iso or any serious solvent really... especially acetone, heh... which I had no idea: "Acetone is organic, non-toxic, and incredibly versatile, making it a necessary solvent for activities spanning from cleaning and sterilizing, to extraction and chemical"....

Doktor Dub

Hi, i have two questions about the Herb Ripper:
1. is there a EU vendor who has them in stock?
2. is there a difference between the 4 and 3 piece (if i take out the screen piece)

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom