Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
My @DDave mod kit finally arrived yesterday. Not quite a month in transit, but close...

I have only tried the 14mm stem so far, but am really liking it. Very smooth (even though I didn't realize until the 3rd bowl that I had forgotten to put my usual cotton filter in the new stem). Early days, but it does seem to offer greater control on my unit, but the big bonus for me is toning down the power.

I have been finding that the sheer volume of vapor (and hot air) that the Milaana pumps out can be a bit much (but oh so good...). The thin stem brings it down a couple of notches. Still very free flowing, and cloudage, but feels more managable for me. Less warm air drying me out.

All the parts fit perfectly (even though my screen depth is less than 1 inch) and feel secure. Nicely made too. Those 14mm tapered stems are very elegant and nice to use.

Oh, and basket screens. ..first time I've even seen one, and so easy to place and use. I can see why people were so keen to try and use them with their Zions and Milaanas in early testing.

Thanks @DDave

Cannot wait to try out the other combos, but even with just the micro stems, i am a happy camper so far.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I have been finding that the sheer volume of vapor (and hot air) that the Milaana pumps out can be a bit much (but oh so good...). The thin stem brings it down a couple of notches. Still very free flowing, and cloudage, but feels more managable for me. Less warm air drying me out.
This is exactly how I feel too. It's much easier on my throat. Tried the stock stem the other night and it's just too much air for me.

Decided to buy a vtc5 battery to see if I can pump some more heat out of this unit. Hope so!!

@vapen00b lol! Was just thinking that haha

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Well, it seems my mild chest congestion cleared up so I can actually take harsh, hot rips without dying.

All I have to say is wood stems for days. By far my favorite way to use my Mil.

I was relying on water cooling and only use ddave mod dry, but after a day of playing around, I've found the wood stems to both easiest (loading/unloading as well as gauging temp) and best (in flavor/vapor quality/density/speed of production)

Obviously a long day of very professional testing... :sherlock:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Ratchett here is my prototype multi tool battery guard that I've been testing. You may want to offer something like this as an option. I know I'd buy one that is made a bit better than mine lol. I will say that this definitely works. A poker/stir stick molded into one side and then a stem lock/holder on the other. Simply turn it just a little to release the stem to stir it and then pop it back in and lock it back.
GlIWdp1.jpg

Lol, yeah I think I could easily do something like that - could you do me a favor and PM me some more info on the whole "stem lock" function, bit confused on that

Now that I have the basic shape, I can easily modify it as necessary to offer different versions. I also thought about one with a raised notch so it's easy find swivel out of the way without looking at the vape

Genius!!! Now thats a fucking must have level useful mod dude. Ratchett this will probably be the one I get from you, let me know if you'd like any input on the design :tup:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My @DDave mod kit finally arrived yesterday. Not quite a month in transit, but close...

I have only tried the 14mm stem so far, but am really liking it. Very smooth (even though I didn't realize until the 3rd bowl that I had forgotten to put my usual cotton filter in the new stem). Early days, but it does seem to offer greater control on my unit, but the big bonus for me is toning down the power.

All the parts fit perfectly (even though my screen depth is less than 1 inch) and feel secure. Nicely made too. Those 14mm tapered stems are very elegant and nice to use.

Oh, and basket screens. ..first time I've even seen one, and so easy to place and use. I can see why people were so keen to try and use them with their Zions and Milaanas in early testing.

Thanks @DDave

Cannot wait to try out the other combos, but even with just the micro stems, i am a happy camper so far.

@Vapenvy Thanks for the feedback! Very pleased to see you like the changes the kit bring to your vaping sessions!

A month in transit! :o Makes me like the shipping process even less.... a necessary evil...

Enjoy! And stay tuned.... there's more to come for the Milaana!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
DAwjtjg.jpg

Finished my travel case. Probably as good as it'll get. Not bad for being cheap and lazy.

Fits 4 18mm stems, 1 14mm stem, reducer, 2 top hats, 2 glass vials for prevape/postvape material, milaana and 2 batteries.

Will just carry any extra batteries on me as I think it's filled to reasonable capacity atm lol.

Meant to post these other 2 earlier but was lazy
zPef07n.jpg

Ey0mL4T.jpg
yyqO8

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
DAwjtjg.jpg

Finished my travel case. Probably as good as it'll get. Not bad for being cheap and lazy.

Fits 4 18mm stems, 1 14mm stem, reducer, 2 top hats, 2 glass vials for prevape/postvape material, milaana and 2 batteries.

Will just carry any extra batteries on me as I think it's filled to reasonable capacity atm lol.

Meant to post these other 2 earlier but was lazy
zPef07n.jpg

Ey0mL4T.jpg
yyqO8
Woooh! Now I'm not the only one posting pics! Awesome setup. Cool knowing other people using the Milaana similarly. That 2nd pic almost looks like a log on ur bubbler with the way the Milaana is positioned.
Nice case too! I'm still using my eGo case and just keep my Milaana on my person or car. Everything else I need fits in eGo case..GH, 2 Doob tubes, 18mm stem 14mm stem, batteries, 14mm reducer, and fits in my pocket. Perfect for me.

4uTM6pP.jpg

Still trying to figure out why my button is so iffy. Sometimes won't heat unit up at all, sometimes only partially. A tiny bit of the button on the right side is lifted. Not the part connected to the wood, but the actual button part that moves. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I have to press very hard to ensure it makes the connection that it should.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Wood stems from @Alan are the way to go if you like harsh dense rips. Also amazing for a e s t h e t i c

The bubbler has too much draw resistance for a nice hit imo. The ddave wand makes cool, dense hits possible but the wood stems offer greater control and a fuller (and obviously slightly different) flavor.

They are super harsh and dry though so you almost need a drink nearby but it's the perfect way for me, using it and taking intermittent puffs or can kill a load in a hit or two if I feather the button. Really really intense flavor thru wood stems at low temps.

I would like the 14mm more, but using glass stems, often the glass will stick to my lip and after my draw, I'll pull the stem out of the unit, which causes a whole mess. Haven't found a good way to fix this but haven't been in a rush since I can pack as much or as little as I want with the wooden stems using the 2 screen method (which is the only way I use them)

Edit:

Now if ddave wand was shorter...

Edit2:

Ok after some more thorough professional testing, I figured I can knock myself out with a dense hit from ddave mod. Wood stems still give better flavor and much quicker and denser cloud but I can really ride the heater and not worry about temp/harshness. My lungs are really the limit with ddave mod, works better for me than the bubbler, but I'm oddly particular...

Anyway, back to "testing" :D

Think maybe I'll make an @AJS tribute vid using wood stems to show how sweet they are

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ok after some more thorough professional testing,
Professional, hahaha. That's awesome.
I figured I can knock myself out with a dense hit from ddave mod.
I think tonight I'm gunna empty out the water and do a full wand assembly and just go for the fattest flavor rips I can possibly achieve. Sounds like a splendid start to my weekend.

And yes do a vid! Mine are so lonely :(

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Mil>m2m>ddave. That's the way to go. With
@cannabis.pro top hat and 18mm to 14mm m2m it kinda emulates airflow of 14mm. You either have to hold it at a specific angle or pull hard enough so that airflow goes thru the tophat and not around it.

Really tasty either way.

Vid may have to wait a bit. I tried to get a similar rip to the one you got in that gif you posted and triggered a coughing attack hahahaha.

Anyway I've been going on about accessories bc I bought a ton but I think that should speak for the quality of this vape. I still plan on getting a FW4 but doubt it'll see much use and I thank the stars I didn't pull the trigger on a GH as a "more portable" unit. Any solution where I'd need a gh and not a mil, I shouldn't be using the damn thing anyway haha.

I will definitely be getting another of these. I really had my doubts at first but couldn't be happier with my purchase. It's been around a month so I guess it was a good time to share those thoughts anyway

Edit:

I guess my 1 regret is how excited I get to mess around with new equipment has a side effect of making me blow thru my stash too quick but, again, speaks for the quality of the device and my ux

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks to everyone for the support on this project. There is two pages on this thread for every Milaana that exist in the wild. It's hard to believe so few Milaana could make that much noise.

Special thanks to everyone for their patience with the poor customer service. RastaBuddhaTao isn't a company, it's a time consuming and expensive hobby. Doing this single handedly means that only a few hours a day can be devoted to CS, Milaana and Zion production, engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, warranty, shipping etc.

Given the low volume nature of niche vaporizers we have decided to move to a batch process. 500 Milaana bodies are making their way across the drill presses to make way to complete the 200 Zion. It is anticipated that these will be the last Milaana and Zion made as it is predicted to supply all of 2017 and some of 2018. By the time these units are sold RBT will be on to the next more commercially viable product.

This change in product philosophy will focus on production rather than sales. Once a stock of Milaana and Zion are complete, sales will resume until they are gone as we develop the next limited run vaporizer(s). Hopefully future designs will have enough commercial appeal for the RBT hobby to have enough support to become a viable business. Regaurdless of RBTs success 200 Zion's and 500 Milaana will be completed to ensure all existing customer commitments are met. Although sales have been slow the Zion and Milaana have helped RBT create a base technology and learn the inner workings of this crazy industry.

Another change in the business plan is knowing that FC is the main customer base it will now be the primary "Social Media" allowing us to streamline the marketing efforts. In the future we plan to leverage Instagram as our only social media outlet given the visual, artisan nature of our product.

Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way as it's been a fun and exiting hobby to say the least. 2017 should be a good year with Milaana and Zion done we can work to introduce a few designs that we believe will have more mass appeal and might allow RBT to find commercial success that will bring some much needed sustainability.

What new designs? Potential products include a Mini Mi (14 mm) a 510 flower, a 510 concentrate, and we are taking with Heat Island about doing an RBT log. 2018 we will target a small portable with voltage regulation / adjustment.

With Milaana nearing completion and Zion on deck there is a light at the end of the tunnel... And man it's gonna feel good to prove the haters wrong ;) with some luck, 2017 should bring the RBT mojo back to life.

Last edited:

ZC

Limited runs with an evolving lineup of vapes seems like a great solution.

I imagine you'll have a lot of repeat business from people who want a Mini Mi or a RBT log. I know I want both.

Looking forward to what comes next.

btka

Thanks to everyone for the support on this project. There is two pages on this thread for every Milaana that exist in the wild. It's hard to believe so few Milaana could make that much noise.

Special thanks to everyone for their patience with the poor customer service. RastaBuddhaTao isn't a company, it's a time consuming and expensive hobby. Doing this single handedly means that only a few hours a day can be devoted to CS, Milaana and Zion production, engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, warranty, shipping etc.

Given the low volume nature of niche vaporizers we have decided to move to a batch process. 500 Milaana bodies are making their way across the drill presses to make way to complete the 200 Zion. It is anticipated that these will be the last Milaana and Zion made as it is predicted to supply all of 2017 and some of 2018. By the time these units are sold RBT will be on to the next more commercially viable product.

This change in product philosophy will focus on production rather than sales. Once a stock of Milaana and Zion are complete, sales will resume until they are gone as we develop the next limited run vaporizer(s). Hopefully future designs will have enough commercial appeal for the RBT hobby to have enough support to become a viable business. Regaurdless of RBTs success 200 Zion's and 500 Milaana will be completed to ensure all existing customer commitments are met. Although sales have been slow the Zion and Milaana have helped RBT create a base technology and learn the inner workings of this crazy industry.

Another change in the business plan is knowing that FC is the main customer base it will now be the primary "Social Media" allowing us to streamline the marketing efforts. In the future we plan to leverage Instagram as our only social media outlet given the visual, artisan nature of our product.

Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way as it's been a fun and exiting hobby to say the least. 2017 should be a good year with Milaana and Zion done we can work to introduce a few designs that we believe will have more mass appeal and might allow RBT to find commercial success that will bring some much needed sustainability.

What new designs? Potential products include a Mini Mi (14 mm) a 510 flower, a 510 concentrate, and we are taking with Heat Island about doing an RBT log. 2018 we will target a small portable with voltage regulation / adjustment.

With Milaana nearing completion and Zion on deck there is a light at the end of the tunnel... And man it's gonna feel good to prove the haters wrong ;) with some luck, 2017 should bring the RBT mojo back to life.
I do not own a mi until now but planning to buy one in the future... In my opinion there were a lot of vaporizer releases this year... also a lot of new vapes... I am alos interessted what the potential market for herbal vaporizers is worldwide... do not know if it is a niche and will further develop in the future... so to speak laybe people on this forum are more early adopters... also it is very hard to get recognized in the vape market... there are bigger firms with bigger budgets for promotion and so on... I would also recommend to get more shops international to carry your vapes... it makes a huge difference if you couod try and see it before you buy it... in my opinion this forum is very International and there would be some members from all arround the world which may help you and demonstrate you product to local shop owners... I would do it... p.m. le if you are interessted could also ask well known shop owner which organizes every year a tradeshow if he would sell display your products (it is a well known trade show called cultiva ... where also a lot of people in europe are visiting it... it is shame that brands like pax get so much attention olthough there products are not nearly as good as others in my opinion... good luck

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@RastaBuddhaTao how will this business change affect lifetime warranties and repairs?

Thanks for the update although it's not something I want to see happen.

But then again who the fuck am I?

I just have a feeling once the Milaana hits the right circles it will be a big deal

On the other hand it does make milaana feel like a 'family dinner' vape...only those in the know get a plate.

...also excited to see what the future holds.

I feel even more honored to own mine.

Thank you.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Surprising that you feel that the Milaana wouldn't be a cornerstone product to keep in the @RastaBuddhaTao lineup Ryan.

On the other hand I think I'd be just as interested in a 'Mini-Mi' as the regular 18mm version, so sign me up to that one for sure!
I hope that it will turn out to be wood (exotic! :D), 'side by side' like the Milaana, and able to maintain Milaana levels of flavour in a micro-dose :drool:.

I should get Dave's 14mm stem for my Mi to try out a skinny stem shouldn't I?
One day soon.....

I'm sorry to say that my experiments with 420EDC's stems aren't working out too well for me so far.
The joints on my 18-18mm adapter are both a touch too long, and foul the heater screen, preventing a seal.
And even un-ground material tends to crumble and find it's way through the glass screens and top-hats (the extremely dry nature of my current material might be contributing to this, but still .)
I'm going to have to add some mesh to eliminate this.
These aren't complaints BTW, I knew the developmental nature of these stems when I bought-in.

I'm hoping that my new spalted has a very slightly lower heater screen than my OG unit.
I think I got a slightly higher heater screen than most, as even RBT's supplied stems were 50/50 re' whether they'd fit or not.

My favourite stems so far have been two wood ones from Alan at Hi/ToastyTop, retro-fitted with RBT made screens.

One is a walnut, around 3"-7.5cm over-all length.
The other is burl wood and only 2 1/2"-5.5cm.

The walnut is now my favourite stem, no contest.
I love the feel of it, the taste it provides and especially the way it looks.
The short isn't anywhere nearly as hot as I'd imagined it might be, really quite comfortable really.

Both are fantastic, and I really recommend picking one up to try:
rkEDYKF.jpg

Left and right on this pic^

I'll try to take more pic's when my spalted Mi turns up.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Copacetic I bet you would be all over the mini mi. isn't your profile pic the CAD mi that was originally supposed to be 14mm?

*nice fucking stems too!*

I think a AA battery sized MI would be dope as fuck (if the heater got hot enough). it would probably also kill the mflb. but the size and stealth possibilities alone are enough to make me drool.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@Copacetic I bet you would be all over the mini mi. isn't your profile pic the CAD mi that was originally supposed to be 14mm?

*nice fucking stems too!*

I think a AA battery sized MI would be dope as fuck (if the heater got hot enough). it would probably also kill the mflb. but the size and stealth possibilities alone are enough to make me drool.
It would be hilarious (but almost certainly inadvisable) if RBT made a vape that would only take Grasshopper batteries!

In all seriousness though, wouldn't 18650 remain an essential ingredient ?(only POWA! battery currently available).

To keep this post on topic:
I believe my avatar is Shit Snack's CGI of the 18650 (before it became the Milaana)

Cl4ud3

Surprising that you feel that the Milaana wouldn't be a cornerstone product to keep in the @RastaBuddhaTao lineup Ryan.

On the other hand I think I'd be just as interested in a 'Mini-Mi' as the regular 18mm version, so sign me up to that one for sure!
I hope that it will turn out to be wood (exotic! :D), 'side by side' like the Milaana, and able to maintain Milaana levels of flavour in a micro-dose :drool:.

I should get Dave's 14mm stem for my Mi to try out a skinny stem shouldn't I?
One day soon.....

I'm sorry to say that my experiments with 420EDC's stems aren't working out too well for me so far.
The joints on my 18-18mm adapter are both a touch too long, and foul the heater screen, preventing a seal.
And even un-ground material tends to crumble and find it's way through the glass screens and top-hats (the extremely dry nature of my current material might be contributing to this, but still .)
I'm going to have to add some mesh to eliminate this.
These aren't complaints BTW, I knew the developmental nature of these stems when I bought-in.

I'm hoping that my new spalted has a very slightly lower heater screen than my OG unit.
I think I got a slightly higher heater screen than most, as even RBT's supplied stems were 50/50 re' whether they'd fit or not.

My favourite stems so far have been two wood ones from Alan at Hi/ToastyTop, retro-fitted with RBT made screens.

One is a walnut, around 3"-7.5cm over-all length.
The other is burl wood and only 2 1/2"-5.5cm.

The walnut is now my favourite stem, no contest.
I love the feel of it, the taste it provides and especially the way it looks.
The short isn't anywhere nearly as hot as I'd imagined it might be, really quite comfortable really.

Both are fantastic, and I really recommend picking one up to try:
rkEDYKF.jpg

Left and right on this pic^

I'll try to take more pic's when my spalted Mi turns up.

I'm using the 420EDC stems and tophats, been using them all this week and my favorite is the 18-14 m2m. I sacrificed a ELB tophat to use as a screen for inside the 420 tophat and it's been working great to keep all particles inside. I'm also liking the extra restriction it adds.

Would love to try some wood stems, @Alan seems to have been mentioned a lot here I should drop him a mail and see what he can do :)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad that everyone is enjoying the wooden stems for the Milaana. I have started using a 10mm glass mouthpiece tube connected with a silicone sleeve on my cherry wood Milaana stem. The glass tube slides through the silicone seal to push the screens out and extends for more cooling. I am finding that the vapor is only condensing inside of the glass tube and leaving the wood fairly clean. The silicone allows it to fit into an 18mm fitting for use in water filtration. A hemp fiber filter can also be added to the glass mouthpiece tube for smoother hits. A whip/hose can be connected to the glass mouthpiece for even more cooling.

milaanastem10mmglass.jpg

Found a piece of bamboo that was just the right size to make a long Milaana stem. I can also make them the short length or line them with 13mm glass tubes. I wonder if a bamboo Milaana is possible.

bamboomilaanastem.jpg

Looking forward to working with Ryan on some projects. Hope it will benefit everyone.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
In all seriousness though, wouldn't 18650 remain an essential ingredient ?(only POWA! battery currently available).

We could also have two 18350 in series (2S) like they did in the Flowermate SwiftPro / Boundless CFV. It could allow to get the same kind of regulation as in the Zion (OKR chip) inside the Milaana form factor...

But, battery capacity would be on the low side, like these two aforementioned vapes (they have 1000mAh 10A 15A cells, so this would amount more or less to a 2000mAh cell)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom