The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm wondering if perhaps the issue isn't so much caused by the ISO alcohol itself, but rather an additive to the ISO (I know some brands add extra denaturing and hydrophobic agents to prevent consumption and water absortion). Perhaps we should take into account the brand of the ISO that people who have had clouding issues have used?

Because if Engineering is able to soak test units for long periods of time in some types of ISO but others are getting fog near right away - perhaps we're dealing with different chemical makeups here?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I said something similar a lot of post before. They addressed the issue simply fogging the mouthpices and making them black. That's why I didn't order a Pinacle in the end, I was really interested in this vape...

I think they should use the same plastic Iolite uses in his tubbing, I always cleaned soaking in ISO and never had a single problem.

My iolite tubing was black. who knows if it reacted to iso or not given its color.

stickstones,

needalift

That's what I figured , gonna order now:tup:. If anybody else is curious about the experience , I will drop a few words when I get my things..
So, just to let anyone know that has never ordered directly from VB , I personally had a good experience and recommend ordering from them if the need arises .

needalift,
Reactions: ShipDit
:doh: as i was opening the front door i saw the ups truck drive off yesterday! here goes waiting in anticipation again today. I'm so excited to try out the pinnacle after reading all the reviews... just a few more hours.

Vapingaway818,
Reactions: Shmoo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am not worried about clouding from iso but more of the breakdown of the mouthpiece. I won't use iso on it because of the reported issues but that doesn't make me feel any better. It could be breaking down from heat as well we don't really know. I think a new material is in order not making it dark to disguise the issue.

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
:doh: as i was opening the front door i saw the ups truck drive off yesterday! here goes waiting in anticipation again today. I'm so excited to try out the pinnacle after reading all the reviews... just a few more hours.

i'm hoping that doesn't happen to me today. im at work and watching the UPS tracking, hoping they put my Gong back in the box otherwise I will have to order another. also hoping that they don't need a sign, cause then I will go pick it up lol. my pinnacle had to be sent in for a fix, and I must say, fast service in getting it back to me. Thanks a lot TRVB.

IF II INI C IHI,

JoeKickass

i have used 70% iso and a q-tip to clean my mp without any problems. but i have never soaked it in iso
There we go! The thing I keep remembering is trvb and engineer both use 70% all the time with no problems...

Guy I really think it's just concentration, if you have >90% iso just add the same amount of water. 50% iso should clean well enough and might be ok for overnight soaking too!

i'm hoping that doesn't happen to me today. im at work and watching the UPS tracking, hoping they put my Gong back in the box otherwise I will have to order another. also hoping that they don't need a sign, cause then I will go pick it up lol. my pinnacle had to be sent in for a fix, and I must say, fast service in getting it back to me. Thanks a lot TRVB.

lol hopefully we both get to enjoy our pinnacle tonight !

Vapingaway818,

b0

Cloudy...
My iolite tubing was black. who knows if it reacted to iso or not given its color.

I always let my iolite tubing in iso, sometimes for half an hour and I never saw any erosion or breakage. Independently of it being black, the tubing always was smooth in the inside and outside. I always used 99% iso.

I really thing that plastic was better and could be a solution.

b0,

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
ZombiezAteMyD0G,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I was looking through the reviews of the Pinnacle on GotVape and saw that two people said that they can use it while it's plugged in: http://www.gotvape.com/vaporizer/portable-vaporizers/pinnacle-portable-vaporizer.html
What do you guys think of this? Is it possible to do, but somehow bad for the device?
I saw that as well, Shmoo. I accidentally started the heating cycle for a few seconds one time while it was still plugged in. Flashing blue light came on and I turned it off quickly, but it made me curious. I'm assuming since the instruction that the "Pinnacle should not be used while charging" is printed in RED, it may not be safe for the unit. Perhaps Engineer can comment on this.

Crohnie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I saw that as well, Shmoo. I accidentally started the heating cycle for a few seconds one time while it was still plugged in. Flashing blue light came on and I turned it off quickly, but it made me curious. I'm assuming since the instruction that the "Pinnacle should not be used while charging" is printed in RED, it may not be safe for the unit. Perhaps Engineer can comment on this.

The TRVB Engineer already stated in an earlier post.

That you CAN NOT use the Pinnacle while charging.

Yes, it will work while being plugged it.

But it is not charging while in use.

OCrBKRy.jpeg

Shmoo

The TRVB Engineer already stated in an earlier post.

That you CAN NOT use the Pinnacle while charging.

Yes, it will work while being plugged it.

But it is not charging while in use.
Thanks. But just some clarification: will the battery drain while it's plugged in and in use? Or will it run straight off of AC power and thus not affect the battery level? Sorry I can't find the post.

Shmoo,

nort

After using the Pinnacle for a while I thought I'd give my thoughts.

The good: Portability, stealth design, taste, medicates very well. easy of use with the bullets esp if you have a few that are pre-loaded.

The not so good: The mouthpiece is pretty loose as many have said and can come off pretty easily in my pocket which can be messy. It has also tuned on a couple times on accident so I see the power button as somewhat of an issue. I imagine you have to replace the bullets after a while as well. The screens are a pain in the ass to set if you take them out for a cleaning. I've already tossed one pretty quickly that got caked.

Overall: Still very happy with my purchase but wonder how the mouthpiece will be affected after time with it constantly coming on and off. Other than that really, I couldn't be happier with this tool, esp with it's stealthiness. The charge is plenty for my use and the functionality is great when you pre-load your bullets. Very easy and fast. I do not have the water attachment. I've started using first on high, then went to low for quite a while and now find that the high setting works best for the results I'm looking for.

Thanks VB

and reading back a bit, I have also found the flavor tips to be pretty worthless. They do not hold there shape and just end up falling off. Not sure if it's from the heat, or the moisture but they do not fit very well at all.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

nort,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Nort we were told do not use the flavor tips because they melt.

Please share with us how you are carrying your bullets including a cover if you use one. TIA

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks. But just some clarification: will the battery drain while it's plugged in and in use? Or will it run straight off of AC power and thus not affect the battery level? Sorry I can't find the post.

It seems to me the way it is designed is as a pass through system. If this is the case it would bypass the battery completely to run the unit completely off of the power supplied by the wall adapter.

I too cannot find the post - but if someone can verify that the wall adapter exceeds 5v @ 3000mAh then it is pretty safe to say that this is the case. Engineering verified the consumption a while back.

CentiZen,

Shmoo

It seems to me the way it is designed is as a pass through system. If this is the case it would bypass the battery completely to run the unit completely off of the power supplied by the wall adapter.

I too cannot find the post - but if someone can verify that the wall adapter exceeds 5v @ 3000mAh then it is pretty safe to say that this is the case. Engineering verified the consumption a while back.
The back of the AC adapter says the output is 5 V @ 3000 mAh.
I was thinking, if it could run off AC power, then wouldn't VaporBlunt want to advertise this as a feature, instead of telling us that the "Pinnacle should not be used while connected to the charger."?
I'm hoping it works but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Shmoo,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
The back of the AC adapter says the output is 5 V @ 3000 mAh.
I was thinking, if it could run off AC power, then wouldn't VaporBlunt want to advertise this as a feature, instead of telling us that the "Pinnacle should not be used while connected to the charger."?
I'm hoping it works but it just doesn't make sense to me.

The pinnacle does not work while charging. It does not allow you to use the ac power to power the device. If your battery is dead, the only solution is a quick charge to get a session.

Edit: I would be skeptical of any reviews that say otherwise, sounds very shillish. There is nothing worse than an uninformed shill.

Shmoo

The pinnacle does not work while charging. It does not allow you to use the ac power to power the device. If your battery is dead, the only solution is a quick charge to get a session.

Edit: I would be skeptical of any reviews that say otherwise, sounds very shillish. There is nothing worse than an uninformed shill.
That's what I thought, thanks for clearing that up. I had a sneaking suspicion that they weren't legitimate reviews, typical GotVape bullshit. :lol:

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...

So if you don't mind me asking since the unit will heat while plugged in (pushed the button on accident while plugged in once also) is the battery getting any charge or once the unit is heating does it bypass any recharging at all.? Doesn't bother me at all either way just like the techy stuff.

Also any word on the "clicking/cracking" noises that are happening to the units while heating and cooling that was discussed a few pages back? I tested the heating without the bullet and got the cracking so I know it is not that. Would just like to know for sure what material might be expanding/contracting to make sure it's safe. The sound makes me think about burning beans back in the combustion days. Nasty.

lovinlivinlife,
Hey TRVB not sure who does your glass blowing for the PN WT, but they do an awesome job. Mine is virtually flawless, I think there may be one bubble on the whole thing. It's perfectly straight and stands mostly level. There's a very slight amount of wiggle, but nothing I'm concerned with.

I haven't measured the glass thickness with calipers (loaned out), but it's at least as thick as my SSFG travel beaker. Actually feels thicker, but I could be wrong.

I'd prejudged the perc through my research as rudimentary, but it's actually nice and works quite well. The slits are nicely spaced - I counted eight. Most importantly, all fire when the PN WT is filled with enough water. I fill my PN WT with roughly two tbsp of water.

The splashguard works tremendously well, provided you don't inhale too hard. Having the Lev lattice bubbler has helped train me away from the traditional bong approach of hauling with all my might on the MP to fight the chug. A slow, smooth but steady inhale is all that's required from the PN to percolate fully and avoid water in the mouth. I've not swallowed any water since getting this piece.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the size. It really is fucking tiny. I measured it at 5.1 inches, which is about 13cm. That makes it 2.5 inches shorter than the aforementioned SSFG, which itself already felt tiny in my hands. It's also slightly shorter than the Solo with a GonG stem inserted.

This post really got away from me so I think it's best I stop here. TL;DR I like the PN WT.

Top Bottom