The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

mook2420

I feel it would be worth it too if it was a possibility as it turns out. They did offer me a decent price breakdown illustrating why I should just pony up and buy a pinnacle pro, haha. Specifically they also said if it was the board (because of what I was describing) it could not be replaced or fixed. So I told them I'd just stick with the non pro and mess around with it. At first I was thinking hey no big deal I tried to get it fixed even out of warranty and they cannot fix it... but after some thought I'm kind of pissed because they do continue to sell the original pinnacle, it isn't like it is obsolete. Oh well. I'm going to try to take off the heating collar and sensor connections to see if that is what's wrong.

mook2420,

mook2420

I feel it would be worth it too if it was a possibility as it turns out. They did offer me a decent price breakdown illustrating why I should just pony up and buy a pinnacle pro, haha. Specifically they also said if it was the board (because of what I was describing) it could not be replaced or fixed. So I told them I'd just stick with the non pro and mess around with it. At first I was thinking hey no big deal I tried to get it fixed even out of warranty and they cannot fix it... but after some thought I'm kind of pissed because they do continue to sell the original pinnacle, it isn't like it is obsolete. Oh well. I'm going to try to take off the heating collar and sensor connections to see if that is what's wrong.
Yeah under the collar, that's where the evidence was. A little melty where the sensor was - indeed that would explain why it would just heat up forever. So it seems I was not incorrect in the method of adjusting the temp settings, I just did it too much not realizing I was only increasing the temps and it melted the sensor. Hey maybe VB will send me the part and I can fix it after all...

UPDATE:
They cannot (or will not) provide me with a replacement board or heating chamber.
Which is perfectly fine. I guess.

Last edited:
mook2420,
Top Bottom