The Picture Thread

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Mount Etna, Sicily, taken last month.
LXsL5J0.jpg

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I thought that looked like my old stomping grounds...I lived in different parts of San Diego County for over 20 years before moving back to Florida. For those of you who haven't experienced San Diego coastal weather, it is by far the best in our entire nation...expensive to live there though.

Bazinga

I thought that looked like my old stomping grounds...I lived in different parts of San Diego County for over 20 years before moving back to Florida. For those of you who haven't experienced San Diego coastal weather, it is by far the best in our entire nation...expensive to live there though.
My son lives in San Diego. Wonderful place to live or visit. Just too damn expensive for us to move there. My other son lives near LA. Also, too damn expensive to move there. Gotta win the lottery !!

Vitolo

Vaporist
In my view, @Bazinga is a good fellow. Practical, pragmatic and cautious when need be.
Now the question...
Due to his colorful avatar, does anyone else besides me, hear Sheldon's voice when reading his posts??
I even see Sheldon's mannerisms! :lol:
Sheldon is a good fellow. Practical, pragmatic and cautious when need be.
I find his quirks acceptable!
Obligatory Picture for the thread....
Photo-on-7-21-20-at-2-09-PM-4.jpg

Dressed only in FC Swag from Puufitup

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@ChooChooCharlie this is all your fault, lol...gave me inspiration to post about one of the best cities I've ever lived for sure...San Diego, California and it's surroundings.
Balboa Park
6DQgkwq.jpg

clvrcE8.jpg

N6OlA9e.jpg

Hotel Del Coronado
qtq1cEy.jpg

First place I worked in San Diego, NAS North Island. HC-1
sRQKIHn.jpg

Mission Bay
3N4EzKR.jpg

Ocean Beach Pier, where I stopped surfing forever....because a 15 foot Great White swam about 10 feet below me...I was done.
Rt9O1uS.jpg

Sunset Cliffs
DWXLr9s.jpg

La Jolla
Ts2QWet.jpg

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
A blue-green flash at Paranal Observatory, Cerro Paranal, Atacama Desert, Chile. I have personally witnessed this phenomena when I lived in San Diego.
8by0cCJ.jpg

From the website where I found this image....
The green flash is a rare optical phenomenon due to the refraction produced by the Earth´s atmosphere It is typically observed at sunset or at sunrise and more likely in clear atmosphere, where the light is less scattered by the air. In very exceptional atmospheric conditions, a blue flash can be seen. The event captured in this picture taken from Paranal Observatory, clearly shows a green and a blue component. As usual, the Pacific Ocean, only 12 km away from the observatory, is covered by clouds. Cerro Paranal is a 2600 m high mountain, located in the driest area of the Atacama Desert, in the II Region of Chile. Thanks to its exceptional atmospheric conditions, Cerro Paranal is home of the Very Large Telescope (VLT), the most advanced optical-infrared ground-based astronomical facility in the world.

Tabris

Ouroboros
IMG_20210322_171434.jpg
The result of today's work.
I love this moment because at a certain point I look away, go back to look at the result and I realize that eyes have appeared looking at me.

And if I have a certain mood, I think back to Nietzsche's words:
And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you”.

Top Bottom