Discontinued The Okin by D.M. Pipes

Electrofever

Dude nice! I'm pretty sure that grobet brass handle is the one I have and what he changed to after doing the wooden handles for a while.

What do you mean by screen placement?

I feel like it's a decent multi session vaporizer but you're right it takes a lot of herb. I only fill the chamber like halfway at most, hit it until the charcoal is done. Then later I give the whole thing a stir and use up another charcoal, the material usually comes out very evenly dark brown.
I was actually wondering how many sessions or bowls could be done with one charcoal. I guess I have a better idea now !

fangorn

Ok... I open hostilities!

Happy December 24 to you!
I wish you the best Christmas Eve possible! 🎄

Long live Okin 👑 and its creator 🤴!

I took my first quiet opportunity 😁
I have one last coal left, this one in perfect condition... so maybe I'll come back and toast. 🥂

Have fun ! 💚

seriousTone

I was actually wondering how many sessions or bowls could be done with one charcoal. I guess I have a better idea now !
Yeah and the ONLY negative towards the Okin I've ever thought of is that I wish you could sip on it a little slower but the charcoal goes out within a minute if you don't inhale.

Which is actually at least 50% a good thing because that's what makes this vape a damn fine on demand, for a hit here and there.

Once the charcoal is going nice and hot, I love the way I can gently sip on the okin in small hits, very pipe like and satisfying mouth to lung, my favorite; you just can't stop doing it very long lol.

Nice to see the thread spring back into life, thought I would ready my Okin to join in the festivities. Good vibes to all
:peace:
Hell yeah dude, NICE!! Sick to see people jumping back into the Okin!

Happy December 24 to you!
I wish you the best Christmas Eve possible! 🎄

Long live Okin 👑 and its creator 🤴!

I took my first quiet opportunity 😁
I have one last coal left, this one in perfect condition... so maybe I'll come back and toast. 🥂

Have fun ! 💚
NICE looking photos and session dude, thanks for getting the festivities started! A Christmas Eve Okin session is my new tradition.

I went with an Irish coffee and a fire for this afternoon; the first time we've seen the sun in weeks.

fangorn

Yeah and the ONLY negative towards the Okin I've ever thought of is that I wish you could sip on it a little slower but the charcoal goes out within a minute if you don't inhale.

Which is actually at least 50% a good thing because that's what makes this vape a damn fine on demand, for a hit here and there.

Once the charcoal is going nice and hot, I love the way I can gently sip on the okin in small hits, very pipe like and satisfying mouth to lung, my favorite; you just can't stop doing it very long lol.

Hell yeah dude, NICE!! Sick to see people jumping back into the Okin!

NICE looking photos and session dude, thanks for getting the festivities started! A Christmas Eve Okin session is my new tradition.

I went with an Irish coffee and a fire for this afternoon; the first time we've seen the sun in weeks.

Awesome man, Merry Christmas!

I really feel like I'm sharing a session with you, it's very cool! Thank you 🙂

Irish coffee goes very well with an okin session! I like this !
With an extra fire...
you will remember it 🙂

I know sunlight is needed, so make the most of it while you can!

and if it's become your new ritual for December 24, I'm in! 😁

Happy holidays to everyone !

seriousTone

Awesome man, Merry Christmas!

I really feel like I'm sharing a session with you, it's very cool! Thank you 🙂

Irish coffee goes very well with an okin session! I like this !
With an extra fire...
you will remember it 🙂

I know sunlight is needed, so make the most of it while you can!

and if it's become your new ritual for December 24, I'm in! 😁

Happy holidays to everyone !
Nice dude, I was hoping you'd say that!

Merry Christmas to you as well and to everyone.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Nice to see the thread spring back into life, thought I would ready my Okin to join in the festivities. Good vibes to all
Awesome!
:party:
Cheers guys, and happy christmas!!

The spirit of charcoal is with us :
IMG-20231225-230916.jpg

IMG-20231225-232235.jpg

IMG-20231225-232245.jpg

IMG-20231225-232033.jpg

This special session was my best yet, tasty at the start and strong at the end.

fangorn

Thank you @Duba for your participation in our 2023 Christmas tea 😁

I hope we will have the opportunity to toast for real one day!
Can you imagine, 2 Okin together? Is it like the highlanders, they recognize each other and vibrate as they approach?! 🤣

In the first image... your crown is blue... is it the color of the oxidation or just the lighting in the photo?

and the spirit of charcoal is great 🙂 that one is cute!

I hope you had a great holiday! 💚

Electrofever

Okin and champagne…. Such a classy setup ! With 500 coals, you should go a long way :myday: does Dan make the coals ? Or did you source them somewhere else ?

Electrofever,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

Okin and champagne…. Such a classy setup ! With 500 coals, you should go a long way :myday: does Dan make the coals ? Or did you source them somewhere else ?
Dan still makes them. he has a great setup in his outdoor workshop and he has perfected his technique...

he made a tutorial for us to make our own coals... but they won't be as well done and require a lot of effort!
although I hope that a second user will jump in... to honor Dan's tutorial!

and yes... 500 should actually keep me going for a while...
and I will be able to have “Okin evenings”!!

I'm going to allow myself a session this weekend with my last coal in any case 🤤

fangorn

it was nice !!!
I heated my charcoal well and got steam from the first puff...lots of flavor, then lots of steam.

I certainly could have pushed it a little further!

One question... what do your coals look like at the end of a session??

Happy end of weekend everyone!

fangorn

I just received a package from Dan... and therefore collected 500 coals for the Okin and a drill holder...
I'm back in business 😁

I hope to find time over the weekend to prepare some coals and familiarize myself again with this unicorn!

I'm super excited!!!

fangorn

The coals have arrived...
I prepared a few, quickly, so I could get used to this incredible vaporizer!

My first session wasn't great... I used a lot of breath for little results.
the second session was much better! I really need to inhale harder/faster than I would naturally.

Another observation is that the Okin slaps me. I realize that my tolerance has increased a lot... and Okin is breaking my habits. so I don't have the same tolerance with him!
That’s a very good point!

seriousTone

Finally used my Okin again last night. Nice to see you got your charcoal @fangorn !

Yeah, you do have to inhale fairly hard but you'll literally feel the difference between the hot air and when it changes over to vapor. It's at this point you can start taking small lighter inhales, similar to puffing on a pipe, which keeps the charcoal going.

Here's what my charcoal and load looks like after a session. This load is fairly dark for a single charcoal; usually I use 2 charcoal per session with a stir after the first charcoal. I could have not loaded as much as well.

This load is pretty well done although if I'm being ocd I like it a little more even.

The other reason why I'd like to try charcoal double the length, because really only half is usable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom