The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Raskolnikov

I went through putting down my best friend of 12 years, because of a cancerous throat growth. I remember lying with her as she was put to sleep as well, and I sat with her body for like an hour after that before I let them know that I was ready to continue.

It wasn't the first time I went through the death of a loved pet, but it was one of the most difficult, after that dog had been with me through so many life changes. So yeah, I get it. Sorry for your loss, my friend. It's never easy.

I have a new dog now, who's a year and a half old. So I still worry that I will live long enough to have to go through that again.
It's never an easy thing to go through. My story echoes yours. We lay together for ages and you know it's for the best but it's heartbreaking. I've went through it more than I care to remember but my Shar pei was the most upsetting.
I had a Chow Chow for a few years but gave up on him eventually as we don't have the sort of life style to look after a dogs needs anymore. The Chow Chow was the devil in a furry suit which made it easier to get rid of him in the end. A well respected breeder told me, " you get dogs, cats and chows are in between" They have lots of feline traits. Very cute when puppies but very strange dogs.

Raskolnikov

I went through putting down my best friend of 12 years, because of a cancerous throat growth. I remember lying with her as she was put to sleep as well, and I sat with her body for like an hour after that before I let them know that I was ready to continue.

It wasn't the first time I went through the death of a loved pet, but it was one of the most difficult, after that dog had been with me through so many life changes. So yeah, I get it. Sorry for your loss, my friend. It's never easy.

I have a new dog now, who's a year and a half old. So I still worry that I will live long enough to have to go through that again.
That’s the only problem with dogs. I’ve got used to it as I suppose all dog people do. Unfortunately we will outlive them. The relationships we build make it worthwhile though.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
IMG-1766.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Top notch dogs!

Top Bottom