The Nomad From Morwood

namasteIII

thanks for the advice, i already did the full cleaning when i received both units so i think it's more a question of practice.

About the heaters, does anyone know if they have been modified over time since 2018? They seem to respond differently than those on the more recent Toad, but maybe I'm getting the wrong idea (I put the Toad's high heater in the Nomad and it seems punchier than the Nomad1's one).

Yes the OG Nomads up until about the time of Toad production had a low and a high heater. The low requires a preheat and a slow draw. The high is more similar to other unregulated on demand vapes where you feather the button on and off to modulate power, and can draw harder.

Then I believe the low was replaced with a medium essentially which is what it sounds like and what ships with the toad.

Ok to be honest I could be wrong especially on the names of what was phased out and what replaced it. But its something like that, and hopefully someone can correct me.

I love the OG low and once you get your technique you can get big satisfying hits. I also like the toads more powerful medium. The OG high mostly sits in a drawer, never was able not to hotspot with it and was satisfied with the others.

A tip aside from keeping the contacts clean which I will second, is that herb grind, dryness, and how you pack all have a huge impact on the session. IME Nomads and toads like dry, fine and uniform grind with no tamping. Even the vacuum method of filling them can be worse then using a funnel and dumping the herb in. You can find Dans posts and science talking about it but you want the path air will take from top to bottom of the bowl as uniform as possible.

I’ve posted this before but if its useful to someone these are so much better for contact cleaning then pencil erasers. 10 dollars and probably a lifetime supply.

Also @fangorn cool as fuck the see the whole Dan Morrison collection! You’re gonna have a complicated will to write when the time comes haha.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Otherwise yes the resistance values were tweaked at some point compared to the first batch heaters.
Yes the OG Nomads up until about the time of Toad production had a low and a high heater. The low requires a preheat and a slow draw. The high is more similar to other unregulated on demand vapes where you feather the button on and off to modulate power, and can draw harder.
Thank you for your answers.
This really helps me get to grips with the Nomad55, as the combined effect of the lower heater and the more open airflow were quite unsettling.
I'd imagine that the right settings will help you get the most out of it, but my habits with the Toad, whether with the high or low heater, are interfering with my learning curve.
I put the Toad's high heater in the Nomad and I have to say that the results are exceptional.

I've just placed an order for these little polishing pads, which are very, very good indeed.

I'll be taking a small family photo soon. what a unique universe!

seriousTone

crushed noo GIF

Duba

Accessory Maker
I've been playing with the Nomad for several weeks and decided to modify it a bit to increase performance to my preferences.
I put the High heater from the Toad (more powerfull) and i added a little leather reducer to minimize the airflow.
Beyond the diameter of the reduced hole, depth also plays an important role. It's placed close enough to the heater without touching it.

I'm not a fan, nor am I used to slow, long draws, and these 2 slight modifications have changed all that. It's more intuitive now and has more response. I love it!

I also love using this glass stem from High Artisan , which seems to have been made for it in terms of color (but not really at first as it was for the Toad).
IMG-20240109-134958.jpg
IMG-20240111-161203.jpg

Last edited:

seriousTone

I've been playing with the Nomad for several weeks and decided to modify it a bit to increase performance to my preferences.
I put the High heater from the Toad (more powerfull) and i added a little leather reducer to minimize the airflow.
Beyond the diameter of the reduced hole, depth also plays an important role. It's placed close enough to the heater without touching it.

I'm not a fan, nor am I used to slow, long draws, and these 2 slight modifications have changed all that. It's more intuitive now and has more response. I love it!

I also love using this glass stem from High Artisan , which seems to have been made for it in terms of color (but not really at first as it was for the Toad).
IMG-20240109-134958.jpg
IMG-20240111-161203.jpg
NICE! I've wondered about blocking off some of the air path as I really enjoy tighter mtl draws; nice to know it works.

seriousTone,
Reactions: fangorn

PossumMD

So this vape looks beautiful. Is it a on demand microdoser or? From what I can see the bowl is very small which i like. Also where can I buy this thing?
You can't buy it at this stage. All preorders have been stopped.

PossumMD,

PossumMD

Thanks will do!
No worries. I'd offer to message you when preorders open again (I mean, look at them, they're beautiful, EVERYONE should have one!) but I have ADHD and can't remember what I had for lunch 6hrs ago, I ain't gonna remember to send that message!

PossumMD,
Reactions: envyxoa

envyxoa

No worries. I'd offer to message you when preorders open again (I mean, look at them, they're beautiful, EVERYONE should have one!) but I have ADHD and can't remember what I had for lunch 6hrs ago, I ain't gonna remember to send that message!
They really do. Ive been wanting a stealth portable vape and with it being unregulated as well so heat up times seem fast is amazing.

envyxoa,

PossumMD

They really do. Ive been wanting a stealth portable vape and with it being unregulated as well so heat up times seem fast is amazing.
I mean there's stealthier, but it is a pretty small form factor so it's no slouch. I like how the stem is integrated. It's why I use my firewoods when out and about so much. People just assume youre hitting an ecig cos there isn't a massive glass stem.

PossumMD,

envyxoa

I mean there's stealthier, but it is a pretty small form factor so it's no slouch. I like how the stem is integrated. It's why I use my firewoods when out and about so much. People just assume youre hitting an ecig cos there isn't a massive glass stem.
Fair. I also like how small the toad/nomad are and im a convection snob im not big on hybrid or conduction vapes.

envyxoa,

PossumMD

Fair. I also like how small the toad/nomad are and im a convection snob im not big on hybrid or conduction vapes.
The firewoods are about as conduction heavy as I get. Everything else I have is 100% convection. So, yeah, I hear you hahahahaj!

PossumMD,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
How long ago did Batch 2 sign up for the waitlist?
I'm in batch 3. Originally was offered a spot in batch two about 3 years ago after joining the waitlist in 2018. I turned it down financially and joined in on batch 3 back in 2021. So it was about 2 years of waiting before a spot was offered to me in batch 2. That was 6 years ago now.

I am the last of batch 3 and I believe he stopped taking nomad orders after me so I'll be seeing mine in the early 2030s probably haha. Or maybe next year or the year after, more seriously speaking. The toad is the way to go for now. Even I'm getting one on the next road batch to tide me over to the nomad

Top Bottom