• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

pudgewack

Does anyone know of a WPA for the Nomad 2? Ideally looking for 18mm in glass, but could probably manage with different size and material.

As much as I love the craftsmanship of my Nomad, I find that I am not using it that much. Instead, I reach for my vapes that work well with j-hooks (TM, FW7, P80, etc). Hoping to get a WPA for the Nomad to see how well it works with a j-hook.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. Did not have any luck searching since 'WPA' is only thee characters.

jbm

Does anyone know of a WPA for the Nomad 2? Ideally looking for 18mm in glass, but could probably manage with different size and material.

As much as I love the craftsmanship of my Nomad, I find that I am not using it that much. Instead, I reach for my vapes that work well with j-hooks (TM, FW7, P80, etc). Hoping to get a WPA for the Nomad to see how well it works with a j-hook.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. Did not have any luck searching since 'WPA' is only thee characters.
Try this in Google
site:fuckcombustion.com WPA tinymight

jbm,
Reactions: jds

pudgewack

Thanks @jbm ! Had to change the search to Nomad, but that was an easy change. This is an awesome tip not only for this question, but for future searches as well.

With that said, I couldn't find much on a glass WPA. Talks about a wood one though.

If anyone has any info on a glass WPA, please share.

Thanks!!

Vaporware

I know @Ed's TnT has made Nomad stems with ends made to mate with glass, and I’ve heard people say they just stick their standard stems right into 14mm glass, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Glass on glass always worries me a little if it’s not a smooth connection because I don’t want to risk breaking off and inhaling tiny pieces of glass. That has me looking for a little better connection…maybe just a small wood piece that fits over the end of the stem and prevents it from hitting the ground glass joint without putting much of the wood in the vapor path?

My concerns here are probably not warranted, but whenever I used my FW7 with a glass adapter in a j-hook, since there was no water to filter out particles I was always a little worried about it…

Another decent solution would be any kind of silicon ring around the stem to pad it. I think I’ve even seen people do it with rubber bands.

If anyone has a really good solution for this though (other than wooden stems which are an option), I’m looking for one too!

jbm

Thanks @jbm ! Had to change the search to Nomad, but that was an easy change. This is an awesome tip not only for this question, but for future searches as well.

With that said, I couldn't find much on a glass WPA. Talks about a wood one though.

If anyone has any info on a glass WPA, please share.

Thanks!!
Duh. Brain fart. Forgot which thread I was in. Glad it was still useful.

jbm,

Razhumikin

The wood stem acts as a 14mm WPA.

szano

I know @Ed's TnT has made Nomad stems with ends made to mate with glass, and I’ve heard people say they just stick their standard stems right into 14mm glass, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Glass on glass always worries me a little if it’s not a smooth connection because I don’t want to risk breaking off and inhaling tiny pieces of glass. That has me looking for a little better connection…maybe just a small wood piece that fits over the end of the stem and prevents it from hitting the ground glass joint without putting much of the wood in the vapor path?

My concerns here are probably not warranted, but whenever I used my FW7 with a glass adapter in a j-hook, since there was no water to filter out particles I was always a little worried about it…

Another decent solution would be any kind of silicon ring around the stem to pad it. I think I’ve even seen people do it with rubber bands.

If anyone has a really good solution for this though (other than wooden stems which are an option), I’m looking for one too!
what i do is take a piece of paper and make a ring then tape it closed that fits over the stem end which keeps the glass on glass problem from happening.

pudgewack

Thanks @Razhumikin and @papapotbelly ! It does look like the wood stem will work as a WPA. Need to find my 14mm to 18mm adapter to use with my main jhook.

I also have a TRWW tip for a Tinymight that should work as well. Need to get some thinner orings to confirm though. With this tip, I should be able to use the glass stem.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

jds

I know most people in this thread probably never bring their Nomad II outside with them out of fear of breaking it, but I encourage everyone to do so.

I have been using mine when out and about, at parties, in the city, while walking home from work, even when hiking up a mountain or when I'm out in the woods, etc. I've even dropped it a couple of times. I'm actually using it the most I can so the wood can eventually develop a nice patina from use.

Sadly for me, though, it still looks basically brand new after all this use in the last months.

I figure that at worst, I break a glass stem. Nothing else on this vape feels like it would break unless I hurl it down a cliff.

With this in mind, it has become my only daily use vape. I use it both at home and outside. Who needs desktop vapes anymore?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I know most people in this thread probably never bring their Nomad II outside with them out of fear of breaking it, but I encourage everyone to do so.

I have been using mine when out and about, at parties, in the city, while walking home from work, even when hiking up a mountain or when I'm out in the woods, etc. I've even dropped it a couple of times. I'm actually using it the most I can so the wood can eventually develop a nice patina from use.

Sadly for me, though, it still looks basically brand new after all this use in the last months.

I figure that at worst, I break a glass stem. Nothing else on this vape feels like it would break unless I hurl it down a cliff.

With this in mind, it has become my only daily use vape. I use it both at home and outside. Who needs desktop vapes anymore?
This is what initially attracted me to this device. I wanted a vape that was durable, simple, and on demand. There's NO wires no springs and no clips to break. Everything is solid brass and magnetic. No plastic or glass either (lookin at you tinymight). The solid wood and brass construction, magnetic button, and magnetic bottom make it so durable. Very excited for mine!!!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

what i do is take a piece of paper and make a ring then tape it closed that fits over the stem end which keeps the glass on glass problem from happening.
Teflon Tape FTW!

papapotbelly

Who made your glass @papapotbelly ? :love:It looks so cool!

Your nomad is, of course, also stunning. Glad to know the wood stem acts as a wpa, I was also having trouble finding this info so I'm glad it's come back up.
Thanks! Johnny Landini glass blowing, he’s on Instagram only I think. Amazing artist, reasonable prices considering how heady it is and quality of work. 3-6 month lead time but I think if you’re on this forum, you’re no stranger to waiting lol.

Top Bottom