• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Vaporware

How long did you wait for your Nomad? I'm fine with a long wait, I love the concept enough that I'll drop money on it whenever I get the chance. My 3+ year seems longer than what many others are experiencing, but I may just not have the right understanding of the process.

Actually I’m still waiting for my Nomad from Batch 3, but I don’t remember how long I was on the list before that.

I asked for some crazy customizations and I asked him to prioritize other people so he could get the less patient ones done and spend the time mine needed to be done right whenever he was ready to do it, so I can’t really complain about how long I’ve waited for it. :lol:

It’s nearly done now though, and it’s going to be great! :love:

I did get a Toad from Batch 2 recently though, and I bought that a few months ago I guess? I got on that list early.

I would contact Dan to see where you are on the list, but I think a lot of people may have signed up around the time you did… :sherlock:

namasteIII

Actually I’m still waiting for my Nomad from Batch 3, but I don’t remember how long I was on the list before that.

I asked for some crazy customizations and I asked him to prioritize other people so he could get the less patient ones done and spend the time mine needed to be done right whenever he was ready to do it, so I can’t really complain about how long I’ve waited for it. :lol:

It’s nearly done now though, and it’s going to be great! :love:

I did get a Toad from Batch 2 recently though, and I bought that a few months ago I guess? I got on that list early.

I would contact Dan to see where you are on the list, but I think a lot of people may have signed up around the time you did… :sherlock:

Have you or Dan shared photos of these crazy customizations before?

I've been wondering, and really want to see.

In the spirt of this place, I don't mind waiting of course.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I too am waiting from batch three. I can't wait to see what's in batch two though. I mean batch one was so freaking gorgeous. I can only imagine what new woods and wood combos there will be.

Vaporware

Have you or Dan shared photos of these crazy customizations before?

I've been wondering, and really want to see.

In the spirt of this place, I don't mind waiting of course.

Sorry man, I haven’t shared any yet (except that little corner in an avatar you noticed a while ago). I guess I could, but I thought it would be cooler to let Dan show it when it’s all put together. Seeing the progress shots second might be better? :shrug:

I should be careful not to oversell it though…it is very cool and has some unique aspects, but distilling everything I asked for took a long time and that was a big part of it. Some of the things I initially asked for made their way into some other Nomads but not mine, mostly because there’s only so much room available and we had to scale back from including every crazy idea I threw out. :lol:

So expect something similarly cool to yours but with a few things you haven’t seen before. :)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
What is the light colored wood piece at the bottom of that glass stem?
Looks like it's a wood ring insert that Dan makes. I used it for a bit, but I don't anymore as I prefered the bigger bowl and not fussing with it. As you would expect, it is perfectly crafted.

Here is the one I got with my Nomad:

dans-ring.jpg

:peace:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Would it still be possible to get the wooden screen?
I should say, the reason I'm wondering is because the wood tinymight stem I have is a more even roast than the glass with a cooling unit or a basket screen. I think it's the wood on the edges of the bowl vs meta or glass (which would absorb more heat from the bowl). I think the same thing would happen here right?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: jds

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Zuhdj , I originally came up with the wooden chambers to help with even vaporization around the edges, but then I started adding a new heat/airflow diffuser mesh that actually did a better job of solving the problem. The glass gives you a slightly larger chamber and is easier to use, and so I discontinued the wood chambers since they no longer had any functional value. They also had an issue with expanding and contracting with the heat cycles that made it practically impossible to get a perfect friction fit with the glass.

papapotbelly

Getting this baby next couple weeks or so, but Dan shared some glamour shots with me and I don't think I'll do any better with my iPhone once it gets here so posting these here :D. Sorry the 3rd image wouldn't post but you can click on the link to see it.

So many special details here all themed to my favorite animal, bears. The story/idea we came up with is that Bear broke into the honey farm, vaped up all the weed, ate up all the honey, carved his name into the wood (the kanji is literally the word "bear", carved by Dan with a chisel in a single pass after all the other details were finished), and left his bee buddy just chillin on the nomad.

The bee is made of African blackwood with Canarywood and mammoth ivory wings. I love how Dan took my lame theme of "I like bears" and made it into a whole story with subtlety and symbolism. Is there anything this man cannot do?!?

Can't wait to give it a try. I know it will just be absolutely jaw-dropping in person.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus

Getting this baby next couple weeks or so, but Dan shared some glamour shots with me and I don't think I'll do any better with my iPhone once it gets here so posting these here :D. Sorry the 3rd image wouldn't post but you can click on the link to see it.

So many special details here all themed to my favorite animal, bears. The story/idea we came up with is that Bear broke into the honey farm, vaped up all the weed, ate up all the honey, carved his name into the wood (the kanji is literally the word "bear", carved by Dan with a chisel in a single pass after all the other details were finished), and left his bee buddy just chillin on the nomad.

The bee is made of African blackwood with Canarywood and mammoth ivory wings. I love how Dan took my lame theme of "I like bears" and made it into a whole story with subtlety and symbolism. Is there anything this man cannot do?!?

Can't wait to give it a try. I know it will just be absolutely jaw-dropping in person.
Absolutely GORGEOUS. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it in person

Zuhdj,

Vaporware

That’s awesome! I talked to Dan around the time the Nomad II was announced about customizations like this, but I think this is the first time I’ve actually seen inlays and carving done on this model!

I hope you or Dan will post those pictures at full resolution so we can see the details better? :)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Is that a shadow on the last picture? The bee sits on top of the wood? So that's not an inlay?

KeroZen,
Top Bottom