• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

flammy

We are getting dangerously close now. As always... it seems like there are endless little things to fiddle around with near the end of the crafting process, polishing out little scratches I missed... fitting, adjusting... refinishing... polishing again... It just seems to suck up time, I don't know how it happens. But these are all looking mighty fine at the moment!

I couldn't pick a favourite if I tried... they all look so awesome!

Maple Burl + Purpleheart
-This one still needs two custom details added, hes back on the bench now for these finishing touches.

DSCF8085.jpg

DSCF8086.jpg

DSCF8087.jpg

DSCF8088.jpg

Pin Cherry Burl + English boxwood

DSCF8093.jpg

DSCF8094.jpg

Check out those growth rings, 50+ yrs to grow a piece of wood large enough to make this bottom.

DSCF8095.jpg

Blue labradorite button.

DSCF8096.jpg

Verawood + Ebony

DSCF8097.jpg

DSCF8098.jpg

DSCF8099.jpg

DSCF8100.jpg

Honduran rosewood burl + A. blackwood + boulder opal.

DSCF8103.jpg

DSCF8107.jpg

DSCF8108.jpg

DSCF8109.jpg

Curly koa + cocobolo + mother of pearl. Chatoyancy on this is wild!

DSCF8110.jpg

DSCF8111.jpg

DSCF8112.jpg

DSCF8113.jpg

Fuuuucccck…..me.

I took my briar burl unit out with me today. Let a friend use it. He doesn't vape but first hit was a success with some simple instructions. I can’t wait for what I actually ordered. That said, these are all gorgeous. I can’t say any of them are the best.

Anyone have any favorites?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah with the new EU VAT regulation, imports are getting problematic. If there's no proof that the VAT was pre-paid, they have to know the exact price of the product, and if they don't this is where they need to open the parcel to investigate... and where problems can begin when they realize what it really is. So it's best to not try to under-declare the real value.

But yeah on average, we have to expect to pay about 20% more than the rest of the world to get North American products now, making the total for a custom Nomad pretty salty....

jds

Don't be afraid to use it. Wood ages very well and looks better with some patina and use, IMO. I have vintage wooden chess sets that are all banged up and well worn, but look absolutely stunning with the years of patina on them. Hell, some people even purchase new sets with "antique" / "distressed" finishing that basically mimics the decades of patina on actual vintage sets, and they pay more for that look.

With proper care and maintenance, your Nomad will just look better over time.

Modicum

I am somewhat photo handicapped , sorry. If you go to Dan's Instagram's Acct., @morwoodco , It's the 13th photo between the Spalted & the Briarwood as of 5/23/22. It's Afzelia Xylay with canary wood and lichen. I highly recommend his meticulous carrying case, it's a bespoke suit for your Nomad II .

Last edited:
Top Bottom